Roy's View From... Man City Fans Views On The Return Of James McAtee

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

“Not convinced its the best move for him. Sat on the bench for them half the games in the Championship and now they are in PL so I imagine he wont be starting more this season. Would have preferred if we loaned him somewhere else. He wasn’t even on the pitch for 50% of their season which is not exactly what I hope for when loaning out our young players. This must be one of the worst possible loan destinations, in my opinion."

Maybe it looks this way if you didn't pay attention to us last season, but if I were a manager thinking about loaning a player to Sheffield United I'd see the way we handled McAtee as a huge plus. We were very careful about bedding him in and protecting him even when we were stretched by injuries and could've been selfish and pushed him. We didn't ask him to do any more than what he's good at. Getting reductive about it and saying he was only on the pitch 50% of the time is missing the point. The longer the season went on, the more minutes we were giving him, the better he was playing.

Three things from that lot:

- If they think he won't be starting for us, they haven't seen the state of our midfield options.

- The "only playing 50% of the time thing" was to help a young player with very little first team experience step up to men's football and aid his development. He was integral to our success later in the season after a bumpy start.

- As for parking the bus...we did that against Man City because we haven't got a f*cking death wish, we won't do that against lesser opposition.
Great post mate

Even if we are footballing Neanderthals, a player can learn a lot by playing different types of football, something they fail to appreciate.

God though, I would love for these to fall on hard times again. Let them have a Peter Reid or Joe Royle in charge playing some industrial footy again, without being able to whip out the chequebook. I suspect some of these commenters would be changing allegiance sharpish.

Cheers Roy👍, some of their fans are proper entitled pricks, they can get fucked, we brought Macca on for them last season, gave him experience and confidence, we will do it again this season, and make him even better.

Some of them City fans must be the younger generation and thick as two short planks and have no grey matter between their ears.

Some city fans are arrogant beyond belief these days and need knocking down a peg or two.

He's going to go on a specially tailored training programme to learn how play football the Sheff United way, run by Vinny Jones, Brian Gayle and Billy Whitehurst. AVE ITTTTT!!!!!!

This fella knows what hes talking about
“Think this is ideal. He is going to get a full PL season in a challenging survival battle, where he will play and develop. It beats sitting on our bench in my view and will benefit City and the player. The Sheffield Utd fans made a big fuss of him on Sunday and it is a win all round I think.”

This one chews on crayons!
“he’ll learn sod all at Sheffield as they’ll get battered nearly every week which isn’t something that happens to us….stay and watch & learn here.”

Yes, because how we set up against Man fckin City will be the blueprint for all matches this season 😆 Their old school fans must cringe reading such bollocks from the wet wipe generation.

Chuffed to bits he's back. Few extra beers for me this eve 🍻

This fella knows what hes talking about
“Think this is ideal. He is going to get a full PL season in a challenging survival battle, where he will play and develop. It beats sitting on our bench in my view and will benefit City and the player. The Sheffield Utd fans made a big fuss of him on Sunday and it is a win all round I think.”

This one chews on crayons!
“he’ll learn sod all at Sheffield as they’ll get battered nearly every week which isn’t something that happens to us….stay and watch & learn here.”
You can’t beat watching and learning. If that’s all you need, Brewster is going to be superb when he gets fit.

Wow, some real ignorance there. Also you can tell some of the posters are sat in their bedrooms in Thailand or somewhere similar, judging by their written English.

Cheers though Roy 👍🏼

Not a shameless holiday boast but.... Oct 2011 at an outside bar come food place in Yangon. Surrounded by "Man Utd fans" when in comes a line of Buddhist Monks to cheer on their favourite team.
Everyone makes space for the monks who sit there smoking and chewing on beatle nut while nodding knowingly . Out come Utd only to get stuffed 6-1. The place is as quiet as is possible except for a handful us Brits who are laughing their bollocks off at the bemused Burmese who had seen their favorite team humiliated.

Fast forward to 2023 and those same Burmese will all be wearing the sky blue of their new favorite team. Fuck em and all they stand for.

"With that said, I have nothing against Sheffield United" 🤣🤣🤣

As I live in Manchester trust me most sensible Citeh fans appreciate what the opportunity for Mac to get prem pitch time means . Ignore the bellends who are glory hunting ex Man U fans who know the square root of fuck all !

Always liked City and their original fans mantbof whom were long suffering and Iean those who actually stepped foot in Maine Road.

The new set of no nowt entitled City cheque book fans can go fuck themselves though. They are a world away from the original City boys.

First few complimentary. Last few up their own arse glory seekers. Don't worry we'll give the kid a go. Cheers Roy.

Macca comes across as a bit of a naive kid. Back at City, with about 200 lads in the Academy, everyone jostling for position, I bet none of the staff even know his name. Easy to just disappear in a set up like that. At United, he's got senior players like Oli McB looking after him and giving him lots of love. No contest which situation is the best for him.

Great that we get to hear from those arrogant tossers twice in a week.

Welcome back to a real club Macca. We may not have bought the Champions of Europe title but we love you!

“last season they had Ndiaye, Berge and Doyle and were playing in a really weak Championship. Don’t get me wrong, I’d be delighted if he had a great season with them but I just don’t see it happening.”

I've told you already Roygbiv to have a great weekend now you produce another 🍻🍻🍻 cheers mate 👍🏻

Not many Manchester based City fans there. They’ll be supporting Newcastle this time next season. Fuck em.

Like that set of cunts know anything about devolopment when they've bought their way to success. lot of them want shagging by a rampant ape in the bummy. Silly sausages.

Cheers Roy
Oh by the way

"Ferk off Alan you three headed dildo, how's the euros going in The pub league"

"last season they had Ndiaye, Berge and Doyle and were playing in a really weak Championship. Don’t get me wrong, I’d be delighted if he had a great season with them but I just don’t see it happening.”

Thanks Roy.

Something not right here. Man. City fans and not one of them claimed the Pigs are a much bigger club than us and they want them back in the PL.

A nice mixture of comments ranging from reasonable to fully fledged arseholes.

The last view from just contained the latter.

Back
Top Bottom