Magnificent fans

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Absolutely ashamed of our fans who wear the mask of a mass murderer.
How embarrassing.
Poor Prince Abdullah has an hard enough job, without these utter nobs disgracing the clubs name. I can only assume they weren't born pre 2001 or they're just total ignorant idiots.
Or have a sense of humour. Bet you voted remain.

What the fuck is the relevance of that?
Did OBL tamper with countless kids?
My point was how others could interpret the obl masks/chants. Others being world wide media and potential investors and sponsors. Maybe the prince wouldn't be impressed either.

My point was how others could interpret the obl masks/chants. Others being world wide media and potential investors and sponsors. Maybe the prince wouldn't be impressed either.

If any potential investor in any football club gave a fuck what is sung at a match then noone would invest a penny other than the legions of fans that rock ip uear in year out spending their hard earned through thick and thin.
A football match is not fucking opera.
It's fucking life in the raw.
Always has been always will be.

What's the missing tweet? And I thought Osama was dead?

Anyone who says "it's offensive".... Who to? You? Or offensive to someone you don't know but they maybe offended by it but you can't really know because you don't know these people?

That's how "offence" works nowadays.

His camel is rapid ⚔️

I’m not offended particularly by the mask. I don’t particularly find it funny but I can appreciate the intention of the humor and spirit behind it.

I also think if you’re wearing the mask of a guy that is held responsible for the most famous massacre of modern times, then you can probably expect a bit of backlash!

So, I personally don’t find it offensive or funny, but I don’t like it very much. I can tolerate it as one bloke as a one off, but I’d prefer people to be talking about the result, talking about our performances, talking about how epic our fans were, talking about our incredible management team.

And it’s naive to think that it wouldn’t have an affect on the commercial viability of the club if it continued and grew. Remember when the club announced it had signed its biggest ever sponsorship deal? And then we waited and waited and waited and waited. It was months and months later that they finally announced the sponsor. It’s surely not a coincidence that the long wait happened right after the Bin Laden link was first reported.

it’s just a bunch of lads saying f**k you and making fun of the ridiculous media allegations and insinuations that we are funded by osama bin laden (who is dead by the way)
if people start rocking up with ISIS flags then a re evaluation might be in order but until then..

THIS

People slagging us off with all the racist bollocks. Utd fans saying “fuck you we don’t care.”

Does anyone really think that Prince Abdullah drove all the way to Saudi in an old Cortina, and came back with three million quid from Al Qaida? Of course not. It's a joke. He probably got a flight from Manchester.

Can you explain why you think that please
Yes , no problem.

I'm not a boring fart in the slightest , and I fully understand this stuff is meant in good humour.

The landscape has changed though , we are not viewed or judged by letters to the Green Un or Praise and Grumble any longer , this sort of stuff is witnessed by an audience all over the world and clearly will be misinterpreted by many , probably a majority of onlookers.

This week saw our new Chairman speaking strategically about the possibility of establishing SUFC as a global brand, I'm not sure he envisaged fans wearing Osama bin Laden masks and Taliban references as part of the vision.

Yes , no problem.

I'm not a boring fart in the slightest , and I fully understand this stuff is meant in good humour.

The landscape has changed though , we are not viewed or judged by letters to the Green Un or Praise and Grumble any longer , this sort of stuff is witnessed by an audience all over the world and clearly will be misinterpreted by many , probably a majority of onlookers.

This week saw our new Chairman speaking strategically about the possibility of establishing SUFC as a global brand, I'm not sure he envisaged fans wearing Osama bin Laden masks and Taliban references as part of the vision.
Who's bringing the Taliban into it? Though I suppose it does rhyme with 'camper van', so that could be an idea for a second verse.

Back
Top Bottom