Madine or Mcburnie

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

And he did absolutely fuck all in both those games from memory, think Sharp scored our only goal at hudds and Luton was 0 0
To be fair to McBurnie he did assist Sharps goal v Huddersfield.

mcburnie is a complete waste of 20m madine was useful to us on a free and is just the type of big and physical centre forward we need just now

So helping to keep us up in 2019/20 wasn't 'useful' to us?

Some rewriting of history on here, that Stalin would be proud of.

Id sooner we'd kept Madine and saved ourselves 20 million quid to be honest. They both fall in the category of if they werent footballers theyd be in jail. Theyd both be in and out of the local cop shop on weekly basis on charges of assault, and gbh (infact they both have)

£13.5 Million *

So helping to keep us up in 2019/20 wasn't 'useful' to us?

Some rewriting of history on here, that Stalin would be proud of.
Indeed: McBurnie contributed that season, and had some good games (although I would still say he was a bit of a disappointment). It's his collapse in form since the start of last season that is the concern. Same for Mousset, although of course we are now seeing some great end product from him.

Indeed: McBurnie contributed that season, and had some good games (although I would still say he was a bit of a disappointment). It's his collapse in form since the start of last season that is the concern. Same for Mousset, although of course we are now seeing some great end product from him.
Mousset is a waster, but there’s a player in there and some pace and power. I struggle to see with McBurnie now what he’s got.

The goals in 19/20 were mainly from attacking the ball in the box, he doesn’t do that anymore. He normally just stands around looking dopey while the game goes on around him.

We signed Madine initially because Warnock didn't see fit to play him for Cardiff in the Premier League. Would have been madness to think he'd be a regular for us at that level.

After an initial flurry of goals Madine's main purpose was to occupy opposition centre halves, win flick-ons and defensive headers etc when we needed this approach. This is pretty much what McBurnie ended up doing in 19/20 season.

McBurnie's main problems have been niggly injuries (never put a run of games together), a lack of service and being played in an unfamilar role. He was effectively learning the traditional target man position on the job in the Premier League which was never going to end well. I fully believe there is a player in there but he needs to spend more time in the 18 yard box rather than trying to win headers around the centre circle as its not his game.

Madine likely to be leading the line for Blackpool on Saturday, him and mcburnie similar types of players and both Bell ends off the pitch.

Thoughts on who is the better player?

Not seen Madine play recently but based on his time with us I'd probably have to say he is better than mcburnie
Neither, ones pig shit the other is just shit

Mousset is a waster, but there’s a player in there and some pace and power. I struggle to see with McBurnie now what he’s got.

The goals in 19/20 were mainly from attacking the ball in the box, he doesn’t do that anymore. He normally just stands around looking dopey while the game goes on around him.

Standing around looking dopey or genius play making space for others 🤔

No reason why OM shouldn’t thrive in this side given the amount we have the ball and how many balls we get into the box. He needs a run of 5 or 6 games and to start getting into goal scoring positions more regularly. Spending time foraging on the wing or deep with the midfield isn’t doing us or him any favours.

A more appropriate question would be which one would you prefer to go for a pint with ?
I'm going to plump for mcburnie.
Deep down I think hes a decent geezer
Less chance of being punched, more chance of being to punch OM back but yeah, hang on, what was the question?

This is like picking between genital warts or Herpes, there are no winners.

Madine is one of the best target men I have seen play for us in recent years. Strong, aggressive and very decent on the ball too. A terrific signing by Wilder, even though many of us though he had lost his marbles at the time.

McBurnie is a good footballer, but not in the same ilk as a CF. As has been said many times on here however, he hasn't played his best position since joining us, which is a deep lying forward, who links play and then makes runs into the box.

Is that down to him or management?

McBurnie seems to want to play like Didzy did two years ago but doesn't have the close control to do it. He's now neither a CF who causes trouble in the box of a number 10 who links up attacks. He needs to pick one and stick with it because at the moment he's just not effective.

I'd fancy my chances against mcburnie, no chance against madine

I've seen Madine up close, he's a surprisingly skinny build, does not look hard in the slightest. I reckon you'd take him in a cage feyt

McBurnie seems to want to play like Didzy did two years ago but doesn't have the close control to do it. He's now neither a CF who causes trouble in the box of a number 10 who links up attacks. He needs to pick one and stick with it because at the moment he's just not effective.

It's all about the aerial duels pal

I'd like to see McBurnie in a front 5.

MGW N'Diaye Osborn
Mousset McBurnie

But unfortunately we have soft defenders that would get exposed.
Most teams would get exposed with a front five like that!

Madine has been the bigger nobhead off the pitch although Macburnie has been doing his best to close the gap in recent years.

Madine is one of the best target men I have seen play for us in recent years. Strong, aggressive and very decent on the ball too. A terrific signing by Wilder, even though many of us though he had lost his marbles at the time.

McBurnie is a good footballer, but not in the same ilk as a CF. As has been said many times on here however, he hasn't played his best position since joining us, which is a deep lying forward, who links play and then makes runs into the box.

Is that down to him or management?
absolutely hated madine when he was at the sty but to my suprise he won me over when he came to the lane always gave 100% and actually think this is just the big physical centre forward were missing just now

absolutely hated madine when he was at the sty but to my suprise he won me over when he came to the lane always gave 100% and actually think this is just the big physical centre forward were missing just now

Yeah, I'd definitely have him back at this level. Everything used to stick up top with him. I have rarely seen a player take down a long ball, control it and then find a team mate with such ease.
I do wonder how he might have coped in the PL as well.

Yeah, I'd definitely have him back at this level. Everything used to stick up top with him. I have rarely seen a player take down a long ball, control it and then find a team mate with such ease.
I do wonder how he might have coped in the PL as well.
to be honest i think he would have been out of his depth in the premier league just think were lacking that bit of physicality up front at this level

Back
Top Bottom