Luke Freeman

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Hope he comes back fit and well next season, so that he can take Fleck's place to open the scoring at the Sty.

Freeman can't be brought back, as our manager in his infinite wisdom loaned him out for the entire season, wanting to sell him to Notts Forest. In Ampadu he trusts.
As I said in previous posts, I'm sure an arrangement could be found. He's not been getting in the forest team (pre injury) and they've changed their manager, so they probably don't want to buy him now. I'm sure they would also be keen to free up a squad place

Freeman returning to training it seems. As others have said, I'd love us to recall him and give him some game time. Especially as we're likely to be in the Championship next season and Freeman could be a quality player for us next season. On the flip side, Wilder may feel if he recalls him and he doesn't play well then his confidence will be shot like everyone else's at the club right now and if Wilder doesn't fancy him then maybe it's best he stays there and puts himself in the shop window and we sell him this summer.

Still have no idea what the foresight was sending him out on loan..... has to be one of the most stupid decisions Wilder has made this window.

I'd take Freeman and Besic now no question!
I’d take Coutts and Duffy back atm, I’d consider taking Brown and Tonge too.

Actually, McCall has recently been sacked by Bradford so he could be an improvement too.

Actually, McCall has recently been sacked by Bradford so he could be an improvement too.
luke freeman is our player were short on midfielders so he should be recalled and could still be a very important player for us in the champioship and if chris doesnt think hes part of his plans dont give him away minimum 4m imo

What's John Burridge doing these days.. .

Assume he was loaned out rather than sold as we had one eye on next season if we were to get relegated. Still an odd decision mind, as we are crying out dor for midfield creativity.

Stop/start season at Forest aside, Freeman is an excellent and proven Championship player. If we revert to the No.10 midfield role next year, there are few players (in our budget) better suited. Assuming he stays he'd be like a new signing.

Assume he was loaned out rather than sold as we had one eye on next season if we were to get relegated. Still an odd decision mind, as we are crying out dor for midfield creativity.

Stop/start season at Forest aside, Freeman is an excellent and proven Championship player. If we revert to the No.10 midfield role next year, there are few players (in our budget) better suited. Assuming he stays he'd be like a new signing.
weve got to go back to either 3412 or try 433 next season

I can't imagine for one second that having been largely overlooked in his first season with us and loaned out to Forest in his second, that Luke Freeman is going to skip back in to pre-season training next year as our saviour. I also suspect Wilder doesn't fancy him. Most likely that he'll be sold in summer as will only have one year left on his contract.

Unfortunately Florist got him on a loan to buy so if they want him for next season they've got him.

If we want him back then we have to hope Florist don't want to turn the loan into a perm otherwise he's gone.
That's a really Unitedy way to balls things up:

Get relegated
Realise a no.10 might be important to improve our fortunes
Sell one of the best no.10s in the division
Still need a no.10.

Definitely an issue that is not based on football as to why he’s never really been given a chance by Wilder. There’s no other explanation.

Get relegated
Still need a no.10.

Yep It's the United way!

Get relegated and switch back to the formation that brought us so much success and then have to buy a No10 when we had probably the best in the division in that role already on our books :rolleyes:

Do we have any indication that Forest fans want to keep him?

Most of the reports I have read, question why they signed him, let alone whether they want to keep him.

Get relegated
Still need a no.10.

Freeman is far from the best number 10 in the Championship.

When’s his contract expire - surely that plays into wether we have to sell him or not in the summer or can offer him some games and a chance to see if he could be the solution.

if he impresses in the summer might save us having to shell out on a player.?

Remind me again why we let Freeman go, with no replacement incoming. I would love to ask Wilder.

Bringing Besic back would have been an improvement on this midfield. No midfielders on the bench and one of the starters openly wants out.

I want Wilder to stay but he isn’t immune from criticism and this one is on him. No doubt about it.

Back
Top Bottom