Louis Reed

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

orgot Matt Lowton, Wayne Quinn wasn't a teenager when he made his debut and he was not that good when Spackman left. Kennedy was unlucky with injuries and I had not seen much of him

Lowton still getting a game for Burnley.

Quinn might have gone down hill, but we stole about £1m from Newcastle where he only ever played a dozen or so games.

Kennedy could read a game superbly and more than made up for his lack of height with excellent positioning and anticpiation. A real shame that his knees weren't up to it and he just couldn't train.

When they were playing side by side for the U18s I often felt Kennedy was the better footballer of himself and Maguire. Harry looked gangly and error prone from time to time and whilst it was obvious he had some talent I never thought he'd go on to be the player he has - not until he filled out a bit and began to play with better players, he was almost better suited to playing against men than boys. Kennedy was very unfortunate and I was sure they'd convert him into a very good full back or holding midfielder - alas it wasn't to be. He was able to read the game as good as an experienced professional at a really young age.

McAlister
Hamson
Stainrod
Kenworthy
Edwards
B Smith
Eckhardt
Whitehouse
Ward
Woodhouse
Morris
Jagielka
Montgomery
Tonge
Quinn
Naughton
Walker
Maguire

Might have missed a few more. Varadi came to us as a teenager and he was good too but we signed him from Letchworth rather than seeing him go through the youth system

Worth a thread on it's own this one.

Pity you didn't start 10 years earlier then you could have thrown in Badger, Shaw B, Woodward, Jones and Birchenall into the mix. It's bonkers when you consider the amount of talent we've produced over the years to absolutely no avail.

Really poor thread is this.

May I invite all the posters so willing to bash a young hopeful while he is at the lowest ebb of his career to answer why are you all so keen to knock the lad while he is suspended from playing and who must so obviously concerned about his progress which seemed so bright two managers ago and just over a year ago.

The lad is a Blade 'through and through'. Are you posters 'Blades and Blades through and through' though? Why are you so keen to knock the lad when he is not even a factor in SUFC 2017. Get a life fellow Blades. This is a quiet time but FGS.

Is it in your interest, my interest, the club's interest and most importantly the interest of a very young 19 year old lad to support him in every way possible. He's a Blade and an England International time and again.

The lad can play, but even if he doesn't make it, do you posters above really want to attack him now?

It would have put us ahead on aggregate.

I'd still be pissed now if that had gone in !

The lad was 17 years old wasn't he, maybe just 18, can't be bothered to check.

He took the shot very early. It was a good shot, the keeper saved.

At 17 years old, I would have been proud to be on the pitch. I would certainly have been proud to have got such a strong shot on target.

Momentum was with us at the time. I would never even think of criticising such a young lad for being so bold.

At 17 years old, I would have been proud to be on the pitch. I would certainly have been proud to have got such a strong shot on target.

Momentum was with us at the time. I would never even think of criticising such a young lad for being so bold.

thought it went over bar, he should have scored if we are being honest. nothing against him, I thought Clough was doing a great job developing him in that period.

Wasnt a save, his shot went over the bar!

Going to Everton I reckon.. :(

Silent. You were on this thread last night and again at 6.29 am this morning so I believe you.

Heaven forbid young Louis becoming a Blades legend, you'd be devastated.

If we are talking about Reed I think he is a good footballer and I don't think anyone is knocking him or attacking him, that wasn't my intention at all . But the fact that Wilder has seen fit to go out and add more midfield players tells us that he's not viewed as being able to make a good contribution to the team at present. And this is the 3rd division so it's not going to get easier for him in the Championship - assuming that's where we are next season.

For these reasons I think a move away from the club would be good for Reed - whether that's a loan or a permanent move. From our point of view we can't afford to stockpile players who aren't going to be involved if we could get decent money for them. So I would sell Reed if a good offer came in - I'd see that as best for him and us.

Long is a different matter. He's simply not good enough and I predict he will be playing non league football before too long. If he was my son I'd be telling him the same. Go out and get an education behind you now - enjoy your football - but it's high stakes to expect to make a career if it and you're not likely to make the grade at professional level so put your plan B in action now.

That's not knocking him - it's just facing up to reality. It's kind actually.

Really poor thread is this.

May I invite all the posters so willing to bash a young hopeful while he is at the lowest ebb of his career to answer why are you all so keen to knock the lad while he is suspended from playing and who must so obviously concerned about his progress which seemed so bright two managers ago and just over a year ago.

The lad is a Blade 'through and through'. Are you posters 'Blades and Blades through and through' though? Why are you so keen to knock the lad when he is not even a factor in SUFC 2017. Get a life fellow Blades. This is a quiet time but FGS.

Is it in your interest, my interest, the club's interest and most importantly the interest of a very young 19 year old lad to support him in every way possible. He's a Blade and an England International time and again.

The lad can play, but even if he doesn't make it, do you posters above really want to attack him now?

The OP raised the question of his progress, most agree he hasn't progressed as far as we would have hoped. He is not being 'attacked'.
As for him being an England international, making a handful of appearances for the under 20s is hardly the yardstick by which all youngsters wish to be measured.
Do you think he should be in the side at the moment? Nobody has really gone further than to say he isn't good enough at the moment, there is no need to get melodramatic about these opinions.

I saved it on row R on the kop

I have watched Reed on a number of occasions and i would think i am pretty honest in my views.

He always plays well for the 23s. Tackles very well, always looking for the ball, chips in with a couple of goals and works extremely hard.

He just does not seem to be CWs cup of tea. That said he is good enough to have in the squad in case of emergencies.

Our 23s played Stoke last week. Our side had 2 first team appearances, Stokes team had 156. This was full of players not just ready for the first team but players still developing.

IMO we generally think that when a player hits 20 years old and is not involved in the first team then he must be shit and not good enough for our club. Players develop at different rates.

Reed was given too much too soon. IMO

Silent. You are still there on the next evening, champing at the bit to post. Believe me this is not healthy for any human being at any time on forums, not even if you were trying to be positive about the 18 year old, but you are being negative. Honestly it is not healthy for you and more importantly for our very own player, Louis Reed.

Of course I dont hate him! It would be brilliant if he is really as good as you really think he is

Silent.I did not start this nonsense of a thread. However you pursued it vigorously.

This thread is not about me in any shape or form, I joined in on post thirty odd or more.

This thread is not about what I think, I'm nothing to do with it.

Think about it Silent. Re-read the thread. Nothing to do with me fellow Blade. No Respect!

Silent.I did not start this nonsense of a thread. However you pursued it vigorously.

This thread is not about me in any shape or form, I joined in on post thirty odd or more.

This thread is not about what I think, I'm nothing to do with it.

Think about it Silent. Re-read the thread. Nothing to do with me fellow Blade. No Respect!
twl9i.jpg

I think that Reed has actually suffered from us being in the 3rd division during his development.It probably seems a ridiculous comment to those who don't rate him,but i think he would be a better player higher up the 'food chain'.The hurly burly of the 3rd division is too much for him !!

Up the Blades!

Not good enough Silent, what's with all the cartoons and all that. Not like you, you're better than that.

Get on to the real point about you almost wishing Reed to fail. You join in to any post that dishes Reed. Why?

I'll copy them all if you wish.

There are only 18 places in the match day squad and I am fine with Wilder picking him in the squad when he sees fit. If you think he should have been in the squad more often, then why arent clubs making enquiries about signing him or having him on loan?

There are other examples of very talented youngsters who didnt fulfill their potential for various reasons. He isnt even in my top 10 best young players I have seen in my 47 years of watching the Blades

It would have got us into the aggregate lead. We wouldnt have pressed high like we did in the last few mins

McAlister
Hamson
Stainrod
Kenworthy
Edwards
B Smith
Eckhardt
Whitehouse
Ward
Woodhouse
Morris
Jagielka
Montgomery
Tonge
Quinn
Naughton
Walker
Maguire

Might have missed a few more. Varadi came to us as a teenager and he was good too but we signed him from Letchworth rather than seeing him go through the youth system

I would put Reed slightly ahead of Marsden based on their appearances for us especially because Marsden said he wanted to leave because he didn't like Bassett's style. Not seen Reed complaining about Wilder's style

Forgot Matt Lowton, Wayne Quinn wasn't a teenager when he made his debut and he was not that good when Spackman left. Kennedy was unlucky with injuries and I had not seen much of him

Of course I dont hate him! It would be brilliant if he is really as good as you really think he is

Any reasonable person would look at this chain of quotes and make up their own minds, like me.

Louis Reed is a young England International trying to earn a living.

Back
Top Bottom