Louis Reed.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SandyMcBlade

Bennyandtheblades
Reaction score
Didn't go on Saturday but have just watched it on the O/S. and what a player that lad is starting to look.
Some of his balls forward were immaculate, he's a top class player in the making......

He really is, so composed, never seems to panic and bottle it, and can pick out a great pass of which not many of the others can really seem to do righht now.

My sons comment was that he doesn't get the hype. He's very tidy on the ball, but not nearly involved enough.

I hope he's wrong, but I have to be honest and I too don't quite get the enthusiasm.

Mind you, it sounds like Clough rates him highly too. Let's hope he's right.

UTB

My sons comment was that he doesn't get the hype. He's very tidy on the ball, but not nearly involved enough.

I hope he's wrong, but I have to be honest and I too don't quite get the enthusiasm.

Mind you, it sounds like Clough rates him highly too. Let's hope he's right.

UTB

In his first few games he didn't take too many chances with his passing, but he's starting to take more responsibility and pass forward more. His ball control is exceptional. I think he's a bigger talent than Stephen Quinn.

I hope we'll see more from Connor Dimaio soon as well.

Louis Reed will be a top top player.A lot of players can look better than they are by playing easy, simple balls - Reed plays the difficult balls as well. The ball over the top to Murph the other week is as good a ball as you will see, and for the ones old enough to have seen him - very Currie-esq. Difference here is TC did it EVERY week!

He is far too good to go out on loan anywhere and quite possibly will be a regular come the end of the season.

If you are good enough, you are old enough.

I wonder whether Mr Clough has him pencilled in for the Southampton game? the TV world will see how good this kid is then.

UTB

In his first few games he didn't take too many chances with his passing, but he's starting to take more responsibility and pass forward more. His ball control is exceptional. I think he's a bigger talent than Stephen Quinn.

That's one thing I've noticed too. When he gets possession around the opposition box, he almost always looks to recycle rather dissect. But when he gets the ball deeper and has chance to look up, his range of passing is great.

Not a criticism, just an observation. He's got all the time in the world (relatively speaking), to find his best position.

I'm looking forward to watching him develop into a great player and then selling him to a crap premier league club.

The trick is to keep players like Reed for long enough to move up the ladder before selling. If they're that good they will leave eventually.

We did it with Jags. Have failed to do so ever since.

The trick is to keep players like Reed for long enough to move up the ladder before selling. If they're that good they will leave eventually.

We did it with Jags. Have failed to do so ever since.
We don't do tricks mate.We're not bad at selling though,infact we're a dab hand at it.

I like the look of him and to be fair to clough I think he is handling his introduction to first team football very well.

I like the look of him and to be fair to clough I think he is handling his introduction to first team football very well.
I have slated Clough for a few things this season but he definately deserves praise for this.

From where I was sitting, he had a good match. Did the simple things simple, and the hard stuff simple.

Louis Reed will be a top top player.A lot of players can look better than they are by playing easy, simple balls - Reed plays the difficult balls as well. The ball over the top to Murph the other week is as good a ball as you will see, and for the ones old enough to have seen him - very Currie-esq. Difference here is TC did it EVERY week!

He is far too good to go out on loan anywhere and quite possibly will be a regular come the end of the season.

If you are good enough, you are old enough.

I wonder whether Mr Clough has him pencilled in for the Southampton game? the TV world will see how good this kid is then.

UTB
I hope he doesn't play against Southampton. Some club might come and pinch him from us.
What a gem of a player he is!

he reminds me of a Paul Scholes apprentice :)

I'm sure I've read some where recently that Scholes is his hero.
Currie was just 18 when he came to us, Reed just 17 so he has a year to go yet before we can start to compare him with the twinkle toed Magician.
What has really surprised me though is how much stockier he has become, when he played his first game last year he looked like a school boy playing with the big lads but now he looks like a player who's hard to knock off the ball..
To me he's looking like a VERY exciting prospect, keep it up Louis ....;)

PS.
And come on Diego lets make the Blades a team with a lot of class up front .....

UTB

Best young un to come out of the current crop.

Great composure and vision let's try and keep him please.

I'm sure I've read some where recently that Scholes is his hero.
Currie was just 18 when he came to us, Reed just 17 so he has a year to go yet before we can start to compare him with the twinkle toed Magician.
What has really surprised me though is how much stockier he has become, when he played his first game last year he looked like a school boy playing with the big lads but now he looks like a player who's hard to knock off the ball..
To me he's looking like a VERY exciting prospect, keep it up Louis ....;)

PS.
And come on Diego lets make the Blades a team with a lot of class up front .....

UTB

...his hero was Monty mate...

I like the way the ball is instantly under control (are you reading this Higdon?) and he seems to create space as he's already looking up because he knows whet the ball is doing.
I think he'll play at the top level, I just hope we hold out and get a few seasons out of him

Yes I can remember Monty making passers like that every match..........:rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure someone posted a quote on here(?) stating his admiration for Monty...can't find it mind, so maybe I imagined it..!

I like the way the ball is instantly under control (are you reading this Higdon?)

If he is then I would advise him not to.
If he does then I would advise him to hide any sharp objects.

A fit and on form Higdon will score goals in this division if given the right level of service.
If he looks at the drivel written on here he might as well go back to Holland and drink coffee in one of those bars where the cakes are wackier than the waiters

I'm pretty sure someone posted a quote on here(?) stating his admiration for Monty...can't find it mind, so maybe I imagined it..!

I've read where he wants to improve his tackling and what ever else you may say about Monty that was one side of his game you couldn't fault....
Or should that read, the only side of his game you couldn't fault......;)

Back
Top Bottom