Loans

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

bertieblade

Reaction score
We still have a premiership loan and I believe two foreign loans to use
I also anticipate having in the region of £20 million to buy a player.
Transfer fees are amortised throughout the length of the players contract and as long as we have confidence that the player will not reduce in value it is a risk worth taking to push the boat out even further.
I am confident that we will bring in at least Two of the right type of player, with foreign loans being with option to buy.
Our management team both player and financial / commercial did well in the market last year and they will use last years experience to ensure we have players on board.
I say this as I am confident that Wilder and HRH have a good enough relationship to ensure funds are provided with assurances that players will have to be offloaded if we are not successful

Transfer fees are amortised throughout the length of the players contract and as long as we have confidence that the player will not reduce in value it is a risk worth taking to push the boat out even further.
I am confident that we will bring in at least Two of the right type of player, with foreign loans being with option to buy.
Our management team both player and financial / commercial did well in the market last year and they will use last years experience to ensure we have players on board.
I say this as I am confident that Wilder and HRH have a good enough relationship to ensure funds are provided with assurances that players will have to be offloaded if we are not successful

The £20m you think we have to buy a player, based on what bertie?

I actually think we have about £5m. I'm basing that on sweet fk all, other than Wilder appears to be pleading with the board and we can't seem to get Brewster over the line

we would be stupid not to use the loan options on someone. The squad is short of attacking flair and invention. It’s an affordable avenue to add that without the Lt commitment.

In terms of the 20m. As devils advocate, in terms of the being confident in the price not reducing. How many of our expensive signings have increased in value? Especially in the market right now, this for me is the reason we aren’t being crazy with signings.

I’d argue it’s Berge looks the most likely to turn a profit. If he has a brilliant season we should be looking at north or 30m for him. But he’s got to prove that, despite previous interest from big clubs.

We have broken £90m on fees paid but I’d argue we would struggle to get our money back on most of the expensive signings.

moose - no one is paying more than we bought him for given his injuries and fitness.

Mcburnie - which PL side is paying north of 17m for him? I like him but I can’t see many needing his skill set, especially if he doesn’t have a great year and we end up going down.

Robinson is already gone. We didn’t get our money back - though I’ll grant you that Burke could be an asset.

freeman - is out on loan and will have 1 year left and be 1 year nearer to 30. We aren’t going to make money on him.

ramsdale - might work out ok. It he’s going to have to improve into a top PL keeper to justify the fee we paid. It was at the top of the market price (in my opinion).

absolutely no guarantees that that money will end up being value for money. I can see the reason for being cautious with the world as it is.

Last edited:
We aren’t spending anything like £20m from this point

We pay for a player when the selling club lets us pay for them.

We'll have to pay millions for loans in fees/wages

If we loaned Brewster, for example, we'd have to pay full wages and a fee.

We aren’t spending anything like £20m from this point
Only our management team know how much we have to spend but my assumption is made on the basis that CW has always said he needs to strengthen at the top of the pitch and I cannot see him relying on loans to do that.
Also still confident that we agreed a deal in principal which has either been parked or lost due to circumstances beyond our control.
But no matter what present circumstances do not give any so called supporters reasons for throwing their toys out if the pram

Only our management team know how much we have to spend but my assumption is made on the basis that CW has always said he needs to strengthen at the top of the pitch and I cannot see him relying on loans to do that.
Also still confident that we agreed a deal in principal which has either been parked or lost due to circumstances beyond our control.
But no matter what present circumstances do not give any so called supporters reasons for throwing their toys out if the pram
Our offer for Brewster is a loan to buy

Arsenal want £10 Mill for Balogun

i see us getting a foreign loan in

I love this assumption that we have 20m to spend.

Heres a thought for everyone, what if Covid gets worse and the league season gets abandoned ? What is that going to mean for revenue ? None of us know what the future holds but most on here seem to think we should be spending based on the premise of PL money of 120m plus coming in.

were already 20m down from last year, more so from this year already no doubt, we dont know when crowds will be back, we dont know if a full season will be played, and a bad start is even more worrysome as the EPL have already confirmed if 19 games are played the standings if the league is cancelled will stand both in terms of relegation and crowning a champion.

Id lovo to think we have 20m to spend but id not be confident that is the case, and ive no problem with it if it prevents us gambling the future of the club away.

Perhaps it is better to look in the bright side than slit your wrists?
We are in a v good position to secure our long term future in the premiership
I feel wilder and the management team know this and more importantly So does our owner

Back
Top Bottom