Loan who?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

with blackburn having 3 fit strikers in good form i think matt derbyshire is woth a punt.

Wenger has said on their os that jack wilshire needs first team experience so that would be a great signing.

what about ibrahima sonko from stoke or my personal choice of miroslav stoch from chelsea.

also i think we should try to sign marlon harewood from villa and filipe caicedo from man city cos he is willing to drop down to the championship.

all in my opinion would be great signings. What do you think.

Wenger has said on their os that jack wilshire needs first team experience so that would be a great signing.

Like Wenger will be willing to ruin his development by sending him here..... he'll go to a more fluent passing team than us if it were to happen.

We have been in need of a decent centre back.

Jason Shackell has just gone on loan back to Norwich.

Another Missed?

A centre back, why? We have the best centre back by far in the league in Kilgallon. We did have the best defensive record, we have the best away defensive record. There are other parts that we need a new player more such as, Centre Forward, Centre Mid and possibly a new winger.

The only way we need a new centre back is if Kilgallon is going to switch to left back, because quite honestly Naysmith is wank.

I think the better debate would be about what position/type of player should we be looking to sign. Naming players is always hit and miss, as we have no real info on their availability, cost, willingness to come etc.
For the record I'd like us to try to get a pacey, left footed left winger. Then we could play Hendrie in the middle with Monty, and have Cotts and aforementioned left winger on the wings. Who that could possibly be though, well i'm open to suggestions? Not too many spring to mind.....

Guessing is always fun but there does seem to be agreement around pace - striker - left-mid - centre-mid. I think we still have cover for centre-back with Halford. Also if he plays up front we don't have to chase down a big man just to fill in for Henderson.

I'd be reluctant to sign anyone on loan "as cover" I'd much rather we targetted an area of weakness and made a signing that will significantly improve the team. Also talking of cover, I mentioned to my Dad whilst at the game that Halford should bring his gloves next week, he can be on the bench by himself and we'd still have all positions covered!
I think the signings of Lupoli and Ward have added pace to the team, and while we are a little short at centre half and central midfield,the players we have at the club in those positions are on the whole good enough for this league. A good left winger and moving Hendrie inside would adress the 2 (IMO) weakest positions we currently have and strengthen the squad.

Back
Top Bottom