Line Up First game

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

FallowfieldBlade

The Names Blade Fallowfield Blade
Reaction score
What would peoples ideal line ups be

- Hendo

- Bash - Egan - Jack
Enda - - Reece James :rolleyes:

- Norwood - Mooy :rolleyes:

- Robinson :rolleyes:

- DIDZeh - Gayle :rolleyes:

What do people reckon, Id start sharp fleck & baldock but have put the new signings in

Unless not fit, Sharp leads the team out first game. Think back to Bassett's era. Paul Stancliffe had been a stalwart in the years from 82ish but was never going to be top division material. It was excellent man management and regard for Stan who had put in the hard yards to get us up there. Harry had Stan as captain vs Liverpool first match.
Sharp starts.

Watch every bit of that be wrong.

Over to Silent.

- Hendo

- Bash - Egan - Jack

What do people reckon, Id start sharp fleck & baldock but have put the new signings in

I think you should have made better signings. Booooo.

Randolph
Timori Egan OConnell
McClean Norwood Fer Stevens
Fleck Didzy
McBurnie

Subs. Henderson Sharp Basham Baldock Duffy Freeman (Luke) Stearman

Randolph
Timori Egan OConnell
McClean Norwood Fer Stevens
Fleck Didzy
McBurnie

Subs. Henderson Sharp Basham Baldock Duffy Freeman (Luke) Stearman

Please tell me that isn't James McClean at right wing back??!!

- Hendo

- Bash - Egan - Jack

here are my thoughts on this line up:

Robinson (Callum I'm guessing) Part of a season as decent, I suspect he'll sink if you drop him in the Prem.
James (the Chelsea lad?) I think he's young to be let go by Chelsea so this would be a loan - could be a goer.
Mooy - I'd imagine he'd be at least 15m but would probably be worth it (wish we'd given Coutts another season to get fit).
Gayle - Another 15 m can't see anything different with this lad from what we have.

here are my thoughts on this line up:

Robinson (Callum I'm guessing) Part of a season as decent, I suspect he'll sink if you drop him in the Prem.
James (the Chelsea lad?) I think he's young to be let go by Chelsea so this would be a loan - could be a goer.
Mooy - I'd imagine he'd be at least 15m but would probably be worth it (wish we'd given Coutts another season to get fit).
Gayle - Another 15 m can't see anything different with this lad from what we have.

Robinson had half a season injured but still managed 13 in 27 appearances so if he had a full season he’d have scored 20 which would have meant he’d be worth 20mill like Bowen etc ....
I’d sign Robinson now before it’s too late

Mooy would probs be 15 ish I’m guessing Gayle would probs be about ten but we might get a loan.

Dunno about James Chelsea might play him as there banned from signing players and if he was available I reckon half the prem would be after him anyway

It’s nice that we can realistically be looking at these players instead of signing Conor Washington and Ricky Holmes :D

- Hendo

- Bash - Egan - Jack

A little premature maybe?

I expect there’ll be 5 or 6 new players by then.

Robinson had half a season injured but still managed 13 in 27 appearances so if he had a full season he’d have scored 20 which would have meant he’d be worth 20mill like Bowen etc ....
I’d sign Robinson now before it’s too late
I see Robinson as a one season wonder for now, I remember talking to a Preston fan about Joe Garner and being told, 'he's the real deal'. But until they've done it for at least 2 seasons they aren't, also the step up, I just don't see it. No more than 5m with that sort of risk. Bowen is on his second season at Championship level and I am a fan but there is no evidence to suggest he'll go higher, again I'd be twitchy parting with more than 10m. I don't envy Michell this season!

BTW it's nice to discuss possibilities without having somebody interject 'NGE' or 'cost too much' without putting up any sort of discussion.

I see Robinson as a one season wonder for now, I remember talking to a Preston fan about Joe Garner and being told, 'he's the real deal'. But until they've done it for at least 2 seasons they aren't, also the step up, I just don't see it. No more than 5m with that sort of risk. Bowen is on his second season at Championship level and I am a fan but there is no evidence to suggest he'll go higher, again I'd be twitchy parting with more than 10m. I don't envy Michell this season!

BTW it's nice to discuss possibilities without having somebody interject 'NGE' or 'cost too much' without putting up any sort of discussion.

Agreed but on that basis Maddison was a one season wonder and so was Brooks

Every signings a gamble

Back
Top Bottom