Lewis Grabban.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The spoke about him on Talksport after the links to West Brom earlier in the week….

They said that Grabban’s agent has been trying to tap Burnley up to take a punt on him. The player has had several offers from Championship clubs, however feels that he could cut it with one of the newly relegated teams…. That and he was on 30k a week at forest, he’s probably looking who can pay him a decent enough wad at the end of his career.

Yeah I think he is letting the offers stack up and then will choose the best one.

It is worth mentioning he turned down a new deal at Forest, so he could be playing Premier League football right now had he not done that.

Surprisingly not a nob at all.

Little clip of him coaching keinan davis last year. Ultimately a competitor for his place.

Always comes across as aloof and too much of a fan of his own work but actually a really intelligent player and I think a decent person.

I'd say 2 years with an ok basic but a big pay as you play element would work for both. He has had a few injuries.

I like that. I read an article on Wimbledon, I think last year or the season before, and how they changed the term substitutes to impacts. Drumming it in to them that they were as important as the first eleven. They had them on the pitch at half time working on little things they picked up during the game so they were all sharp and knew what to do to make an impact from the bench if called up. They were all properly warmed up instead of pretending to do a light jog and pretend to stretch. It’s really important that kind of thing coz so many players just drop off if they aren’t picked and feel rejected. They had an incredible record for subs scoring or assisting.

Been floating it for a while and been consistently shot down.

1-year deal on a free.

Forest's captain last year.

Scored 13 despite being out for around 1/3 of the season.

Is excellent at holding and linking play.
Exactly what we need to bring our 10s into play.

I thought it was a sensible signing pre-Sharp's injury. Now I think a signing of this nature is critical.
I was one not of those advocating him but if we have lost Sharp for any lengthy period of the season then you’d have to consider.

My concern would be his fitness. He was let go by Forest so has done very little preseason. Last thing we want is a player who is well into his thirties and picking up injuries being backed up by the same.

But there has to be a consideration there.

In terms of numbers we are ok. But it isn’t clear if Jebbo or Osula can be considered for much more than a cameo. That then leaves Brewster, McBurnie and N’Diaye.

For me, there has to be a willingness to make N’Diaye the no 1 centre forward at the club rather than have him coming deep all the time. It will allow more space for Khadra and McAtee to get in the team too.

Brewster doesn’t look anywhere near the shirt patch of form he has before injury. Granted he’s making his way back from injury but you can’t nurse him back potentially at the expanse of results. It’s a cut throat business. He has to produce soon. Likewise McBurnie in a similar situation. They have to be showing Hecky they are the solution. Even then I’d still prefer N’Diaye backed up by Berge and Khadra.

But if McBurnie and Brewster aren’t looking up to it, then it might be worth considering if the verdict on Sharp is bad.

I was one not of those advocating him but if we have lost Sharp for any lengthy period of the season then you’d have to consider.

My concern would be his fitness. He was let go by Forest so has done very little preseason. Last thing we want is a player who is well into his thirties and picking up injuries being backed up by the same.

But there has to be a consideration there.

In terms of numbers we are ok. But it isn’t clear if Jebbo or Osula can be considered for much more than a cameo. That then leaves Brewster, McBurnie and N’Diaye.

For me, there has to be a willingness to make N’Diaye the no 1 centre forward at the club rather than have him coming deep all the time. It will allow more space for Khadra and McAtee to get in the team too.

Brewster doesn’t look anywhere near the shirt patch of form he has before injury. Granted he’s making his way back from injury but you can’t nurse him back potentially at the expanse of results. It’s a cut throat business. He has to produce soon. Likewise McBurnie in a similar situation. They have to be showing Hecky they are the solution. Even then I’d still prefer N’Diaye backed up by Berge and Khadra.

But if McBurnie and Brewster aren’t looking up to it, then it might be worth considering if the verdict on Sharp is bad.

He was not let go by Forest. They offered him a new deal and he turned it down.

I'd be comfortable with getting Grabban on a season long deal if the financial package made sense. We could do with another striker with more experience to help the younger lads, if Sir Billy is to be out for any length of time which is a real blow. What's Brian Deane doing these days?

Well at least this thread can be closed and all talk of him coming to Utd ended - he's gone to Saudi. I bet he'll be on a fair wedge over there especially as income derived from employment is tax free

Well at least this thread can be closed and all talk of him coming to Utd ended - he's gone to Saudi. I bet he'll be on a fair wedge over there especially as income derived from employment is tax free
You could say he's Grabban the chance to earn a nice wedge as his career at a high level is done

In the egg game they are called replacements In recent years the strength of the replacements has been the key to success. Starters give everything for 50 to 60 mins rthen replacements can go full throttle for the last 20. Those in football that learn the benefits of increased substitutions quickly will benefit. Strangely Klopp isn't one who is doing this despite complaining about the pressures on players. For us lets forget N'Diaye playing 90 mins Plan to play him for 60 mins or come on for 30 mins as an impact replacement.

In the egg game they are called replacements In recent years the strength of the replacements has been the key to success. Starters give everything for 50 to 60 mins rthen replacements can go full throttle for the last 20. Those in football that learn the benefits of increased substitutions quickly will benefit. Strangely Klopp isn't one who is doing this despite complaining about the pressures on players. For us lets forget N'Diaye playing 90 mins Plan to play him for 60 mins or come on for 30 mins as an impact replacement.

Eddie Jones calls them "finishers," which I prefer to replacement or sub.

They have a big role to play and sometimes a player can be best suited to coming on and making an impact in the last 20/30. I've a feeling Khadra might be that guy.

Back
Top Bottom