Player Suggestion Lewis Baker

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Need4speed

Reaction score
Just read an article about Lewis Baker aged 26 who has been at Chelsea all his career Made his debut at 18 Never played for them since but would have been on bench earlier this month in League Cup but was tested positive for COVID However he has been out on loan at 8 clubs with differing success He sounds like a good player who could play in the Norwood roll Out of contract in summer To me would be worth looking at over rest of season on loan. Incentive is for him to earn a contract with us or someone else

It's amazing that at 26, this guy has only ever been signed to Chelsea but never played for them. I wonder how many more there are like this.

No idea if he's any good tbh, but it's an area where we need a big strong lad who can play a bit

He’s a pretty decent player. Strong and athletic in midfield. I reckon he probably needs to move somewhere on a permanent basis now to make the most of his career.

Just read an article about Lewis Baker aged 26 who has been at Chelsea all his career Made his debut at 18 Never played for them since but would have been on bench earlier this month in League Cup but was tested positive for COVID However he has been out on loan at 8 clubs with differing success He sounds like a good player who could play in the Norwood roll Out of contract in summer To me would be worth looking at over rest of season on loan. Incentive is for him to earn a contract with us or someone else
According to Porktalk, he’s been at the rustbucket on loan, so it would be wonderful if we could make something of him.

He’s one of a generation of players though who might end up very wealthy but hardly have played any first team football.

It's amazing that at 26, this guy has only ever been signed to Chelsea but never played for them. I wonder how many more there are like this.

No idea if he's any good tbh, but it's an area where we need a big strong lad who can play a bit

Didn’t Blackman leave Chelsea at a similar age?

Michael Hector managed 15 loans before he finally jumped over the road to Fulham.

Don't think its worth bothering. He signed his first pro deal at Chelsea in 2014 and has been out on loan 8 times since. If he was serious about forging a career he would have moved on permanently long ago. But I imagine he's on good money under his contract there and he'd rather that than move permanently and take a pay cut. What I don't understand is why Chelsea keep renewing his contract instead of releasing him.

What I don't understand is why Chelsea keep renewing his contract instead of releasing him.

Because they get a loan fee every time he goes out on loan, and a portion of his wages paid. They make money on him each season, with the off chance he gets a big move and then they really cash in.

Because they get a loan fee every time he goes out on loan, and a portion of his wages paid. They make money on him each season, with the off chance he gets a big move and then they really cash in.
Chelsea and City make hundreds of millions through their academy
It's basically a farm to circumvent ffp

Exactly this!

Don't really have an issue with it, let's be honest all clubs would love to be able to, apart from when they start moaning about the fixture schedule when they've got 26 players out on loan.

Loads. Chelsea are a cesspit for talent.

Loads. Chelsea are a cesspit for talent.
Chelsea as an academy should be one players are looking to get out of at age 16/17 get in make use of the undoubtedly exceptional facilities and coaching and then get the hell out. Once you sign that first long term contract they own you and they don’t seem particularly interested in what’s best for the youngsters they have in their care.

So long as he doesn’t want too much dough, he might fancy a slice of the action.

Unfortunately he would want a lot of dough - he's currently on >50k/week at Chelsea.

Chelsea's young players are all on fortunes - it's therefore very difficult to sign while they're still in contract and even loans are expensive e.g. Ampadu.

Back
Top Bottom