Let's have it right

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

BalticBlade

Reaction score
I'm sick of hearing 'our owner doesn't have any money'.

He's far, far wealthier than McCabe. And relatively speaking, he's far, far wealthier than the likes of Brearley and Mcdonald were.

All three invested a far greater percentage of their personal wealth into the club than the current owner has. FACTS!

He's far, far wealthier than McCabe. And relatively speaking, he's far, far wealthier than the likes of Brearley and Mcdonald were.

All three invested a far greater percentage of their personal wealth into the club than the current owner has. FACTS!

What’s the figures look like? Give us some details.

Incorrect on all counts.

Prince didn't spunk this years budget (no matter how small) on Traore, Slimane, Larouchi, Luke Thomas, Brazilian Lollipop Lady.

Prince didn't oversee the worst physical conditioning programme ever seen at his level.

Where he is responsible is a lack of infrastructure that holds people accountable for underperforming and not being more ruthless with managerial decisions ...

How so? Brearley, Mcdonald and McCabe all came from modest beginnings. PA is Saudi Royalty. So how has he contrived to have less wealth than the other three?
Well it’s simply a matter of facts, old chap. I have very detailed knowledge of the personal wealth of one of those people because I worked for their accountants at the time they owned the club. The others can be deduced from stuff thats available in the public domain.

Why do you feel the need to make things up? Is it an attention thing?

The Saudi Royal family is bigger than the extras cast of Ben Hur, just being a member does not automatically mean obscene wealth. There are numerous tiers, and only a small number have billions to chuck around.

When he bought us his personal wealth was estimated at around £120 million. By most people's standards he is, or at least was in a different orbit, but by Saudi Royal standards he may as well be living in a 2 up 2 down.

How so? Brearley, Mcdonald and McCabe all came from modest beginnings. PA is Saudi Royalty. So how has he contrived to have less wealth than the other three?

You clearly know, hence why you started the thread. Provide the details that support your point. Put up or shut up.

Last edited:
We've had 3 seasons in Prem under Prince, one was great, two were abysmal. What did we have in the 20 years before Prince? Prince isn't the best owner we could hope for, but he's not been the worst either. Has been honest with us? Communicated? Trying to leave us in better shape than when he took over? Money has killed the game basically.

Do you know how many Saudi Royals there are?!

Beyond the top few in line to the throne they’ll get some money off the government, some land to build on and will have first dibs on some business investments but they aren’t all worth £bns.

I knew a good few Sheikhs in Qatar who were ‘royal family’, they had tonnes of businesses, property and the life of Riley plus an annual stipend of a few £m from the government. They were far from having the kind of wealth to buy and sustain even a League 1 club though.

More Fallowfield inspired nonsense.

Putting the word “fact” or it’s plural in capitals after an opinion does not, has never and indeed never will change an opinion into a fact, or indeed into facts.

Let‘s try some examples.

The world would be a better place if we put the penguins in charge. FACT!

Cheese sandwiches make excellent hats. FACT!

Now, let’s examine these two statements. Firstly, the penguins. Pingu’s dad did lots of ironing yet never wore any clothes, so that’s the penguins ruled out. Cheese sandwiches for hats? Utter nonsense. You’d be better with a pizza, or maybe half a watermelon. That’s actually a brilliant idea, you can have that one for free. You’ll look lovely in your watermelon hat, and that’s a FACT!

See? Much better if you don’t put “FACT” or the plural after you state an opinion.

We wouldn’t want you to look like some kind of simpleton, and that’s a FACT.

More Fallowfield inspired nonsense.

Putting the word “fact” or it’s plural in capitals after an opinion does not, has never and indeed never will change an opinion into a fact, or indeed into facts.

Let‘s try some examples.

The world would be a better place if we put the penguins in charge. FACT!

Cheese sandwiches make excellent hats. FACT!

Now, let’s examine these two statements. Firstly, the penguins. Pingu’s dad did lots of ironing yet never wore any clothes, so that’s the penguins ruled out. Cheese sandwiches for hats? Utter nonsense. You’d be better with a pizza, or maybe half a watermelon. That’s actually a brilliant idea, you can have that one for free. You’ll look lovely in your watermelon hat, and that’s a FACT!

See? Much better if you don’t put “FACT” or the plural after you state an opinion.

We wouldn’t want you to look like some kind of simpleton, and that’s a FACT.
Things would be better with penguins in charge, just as they would be if we had paid attention to Mark E. Smith.

It’s the attention seeking bore BalticBlade making the assertions. I think it’s for him to support them.

Talking of stuck records, shouldn’t you be in a darkened room sticking pins in your Vini Souza doll?

I for one love the imagery of a coven of haggard, cackling Blades doing just that before tossing their effigies into a cauldron of Magnets.

Far fetched? Look what happened to Mousset?

Back
Top Bottom