Let me hold you....

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Rodders

Big Member
Reaction score
...for the last time....

Please change your hold music United, or at least let it keep playing when the IVR message has finished, not loop back to the start.

Currently losing the will to live, no doubt this is the True Blade pennance people have to suffer for not buying a season ticket! :mad:

Wrist-slittingly bad. The only thing worse would be a constant loop of the Tom Hark tune - imagine that.

"You are caller number...............................15"

"Let me hold you, for the last time................."

"All our operators are currentleh bizzeh, please hold and we will answer your call as soon as possible"

Let me hold you for the last time..................."

"We are currentleh experiencing very high call volumes, your call is important to us and will be answered as soon as possible"

Let me hold you for the last time..................."

Mind numbing loop. I always seem to end up speaking to the nice lady on the hold message as well.

Is she the only one that works on the phones?

...for the last time....

Please change your hold music United, or at least let it keep playing when the IVR message has finished, not loop back to the start.

Gotta say, I don't have cause to ring the ticket office other than once in a blue moon, but I've experienced such happening and it is incredibly frustrating.

I'll be talking to someone at the club within the next 48hours and will make sure it's raised again :)

i phoned last wednesday at 10 am for everton tickets ,i was caller number 1
i waited 10 mins

Mind numbing loop. I always seem to end up speaking to the nice lady on the hold message as well.

Is she the only one that works on the phones?

She should be nomitated for an MBE! What a legend. It is almost worth listening to ten minutes of let me hold you to get her 'Ey up owd cock, welcum t Sheffiled Uni-ed football club' :)

Agreed Olly. The incredibly annoying United hold music and message is now an institution. To alter it would be like correcting the lean on the Leaning Tower of Pizza. Sometimes I ring when I don't even want a ticket - just to listen to it.

OK, that last bit's not actually true, but must we sterilise everything? Can't we just leave it as it is, with a bit of character?

Agreed Olly. The incredibly annoying United hold music and message is now an institution. To alter it would be like correcting the lean on the Leaning Tower of Pizza. Sometimes I ring when I don't even want a ticket - just to listen to it.

OK, that last bit's not actually true, but must we sterilise everything? Can't we just leave it as it is, with a bit of character?

Indeed mucker! Foxy - hold that discussion. I want to listen to that bird saying 'Welcum t Sheffield Uni-ed football club' in that slow, dreary, yet stunningly beautiful accent I love so much!

just having the same agony :(

tried to buy a ticket online for the hudds game but got as far as checkout and realised i have no idea what my customer number is

i tried to register but it said my details were already on the system and prompted me to log in

i dont have it on any home tickets anywhere, and can't find any record of my number :(

the worst thing about the whole process is that while you can get a password reminder, you need your customer number in order to do anything. and there's no way to actually get a reminder of your customer number :eek: :tut:

consequently i've had to ring them up. the gift shop can't tell me my customer number either, so i've have to go through to the ticketline and have now been on hold for 15 mins

FFS :rant:

"You are caller number...............................15"

"Let me hold you, for the last time................."

"All our operators are currentleh bizzeh, please ewd and we will answer your call as soon as possible"

corrected.

I kind of like the local twang, its the only bit that keeps me sane while I listen to the mind numbing 2 lined song.

I know a song that'll get on your nerves would be less irritating.

http://www.lyricsbay.com/broken_strings_lyrics-james_morrison.html

Let me hold you
For the last time
It's the last chance to feel again
But you broke me
Now I can't feel anything

:rofl:

i wish someone had listened to the whole song and understood it's sentiment before choosing it, rather than just taking the first 2 lines literally :loopy:

incidentally, my call/transaction took 36 mins in total. i now have a ticket, and my customer number, but i'm just glad i used work's phone for that 0871 call :eek: ;)

the real skill is timing the vinegar stroke for her voice rather than James Blunts.

It's the bloke that shouts out "4" to let you know where you are in the queue that finished me off every time.

Off on a tangent ,Sinclairs music choice has taken a leap ,Into the Valley on Saturday was great to hear and I knew we were going to win well after hearing it.

Off on a tangent ,Sinclairs music choice has taken a leap ,Into the Valley on Saturday was great to hear and I knew we were going to win well after hearing it.

Was he making a comment on the Pigs next Oppos then?

Yeah, lot's of punk, New Wave etc, starting from about midway through last season. Excellent.

She should be nomitated for an MBE! What a legend. It is almost worth listening to ten minutes of let me hold you to get her 'Ey up owd cock, welcum t Sheffiled Uni-ed football club' :)

Might have guessed you'd like things on a loop. Bet you phone up regular at busy times just to be caller 15:D

Might have guessed you'd like things on a loop. Bet you phone up regular at busy times just to be caller 15:D

Ey up Boo. Everyone knows the best stuff goes on and on and on and on ...... :D

The response on a line when wanting to buy tickets for an Elvis tribute show were better :

"Press 1 for the money,
2 for the show ......

Back
Top Bottom