Leon Clarke's Position

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

BarnardCastleBlade

Reaction score
Do you think he has a chance of returning to challenging for a starting place once he returns from injury?

Hanson pretty much did his job better than I've seen Clarke do it all season this afternoon, and Lavery on from the bench to grab a goal puts even more pressure on the coveted second striker position. I cant see a way back in for him despite Wilder saying he still has a part to play.

Just wondering what folk think after today's performance.

Only ahead of Mcnulty really so bar injuries, doubt we'll wee much of him.

He's had enough chances.

Let's hope we move him onto another League 1 club in the summer as we look to reshape our squad for The Championship.

Thing with Clarke is his CV is not in question,so we can only deduce he isn't match fit. If he achieves full fitness I would think he would have a big contribution to make. I suspect,(although I don't know for sure) that Wilder thinks that.

Chris Wilder said on the wireless that Leon's attitude has been excellent but he has been unlucky with injuries, but also said that he has brought James Hanson in to do the job originally earmarked for Leon, which tells us that he is out of the picture, for the near future at least.

Congratulations on living in Barnard Castle, by the way. Nice town.

First of all, Clarkes bobbar and should never see a Blades shirt ever again. Has never and will never be a positive solution in the new look SUFC under Chris Wilder. Baffling that Wilder has seen this differently, but that may be changing. You can't get em all right !!

Now as for Hanson. He did OK and did his job to an acceptable standard today. He wasn't great, he didn't win all his headers, and his technical football ability is average at best. He wasn't as strong in the air as I expected either.

But I couldn't argue that he single handedly gave the Blades a different dimension, albeit one that isn't pretty on the eye.

Not my kind of player, but offers more than the totally Inept Clarke, so that's a step forward :)

UTB

First of all, Clarkes bobbar and should never see a Blades shirt ever again. Has never and will never be a positive solution in the new look SUFC under Chris Wilder. Baffling that Wilder has seen this differently, but that may be changing. You can't get em all right !!

Now as for Hanson. He did OK and did his job to an acceptable standard today. He wasn't great, he didn't win all his headers, and his technical football ability is average at best. He wasn't as strong in the air as I expected either.

But I couldn't argue that he single handedly gave the Blades a different dimension, albeit one that isn't pretty on the eye.

Not my kind of player, but offers more than the totally Inept Clarke, so that's a step forward :)

UTB

Clarkes scored a shitload of lucky goals throughout his career then?

I don't think its the end of Clarke this season. When fully fit he would be a great option off the bench with lavery. Good player at this level, we will deal with him later if that situation changes.

UTB
Bobar has one 'B'.
And the capital one.!!

What worries me about Clarke is the amount of clubs on his CV, there is obviously something wrong there. I think he likes to be the big fish in a small pond, won't work here.

Defend it if you must.

But Hanson now has as many in 1 game in the shirt.

How many has it taken Clarke. 18 is it ?? Terrific ??

Bobar (with the capital B) !!

UTB

What worries me about Clarke is the amount of clubs on his CV, there is obviously something wrong there. I think he likes to be the big fish in a small pond, won't work here.

He only needs to contribute this season,which,if fully fit I'm sure he would have already. Don't think he'll be with us IF we get up.

Do you think he has a chance of returning to challenging for a starting place once he returns from injury?

Hanson pretty much did his job better than I've seen Clarke do it all season this afternoon, and Lavery on from the bench to grab a goal puts even more pressure on the coveted second striker position. I cant see a way back in for him despite Wilder saying he still has a part to play.

Just wondering what folk think after today's performance.

His position is now that player who we put on the bench if everyone else is injured.

There is no place for Leon Clarke in this squad.

Chris Wilder said on the wireless that Leon's attitude has been excellent but he has been unlucky with injuries, but also said that he has brought James Hanson in to do the job originally earmarked for Leon, which tells us that he is out of the picture, for the near future at least.

Congratulations on living in Barnard Castle, by the way. Nice town.

Thank you very much sir! Bit of a pain getting down for the home games though haha

Didn't get off to a good start and the injuries have stopped him from progressing, but the guy is a proven goalscorer and time after time our history has shown that you can't have too many quality players in the squad. Think he'll have to get lucky and work very hard to get back in the side and all I can say is that there's a lot of clubs in this division that will be jealous of us even discussing whether a player with Clarke's record should be starting.

McNulty not even on the bench today, and he's fully fit too. Tells its own story really.

Should never have been brought back from Bradford, as he was doing a great job there. Stealing a wage from them, whilst he scored exactly 1 goal at Valley Parade, in half a season. Yes, 1 goal.

Why is he back? Complete twat too!

Three 'b's.

'Nahden. Weahs dah been, dah cunt?'

'Bin for a bobbar.'

Or, when someone's done something wrong, and you have witnessed it and have the judgement-call to tell on them:

'Arrrrrr! Bobbar!'

pommpey
I'm with you Pompey.

Bobbar.

UTB

Clarke just doesn't look interested in playing football, I don't know if that's in general or just for Sheffield United?

Hanson showed more hunger, desire and enthusiasm in one game than I've seen from Clarke all season. He isn't technically a great player, but he's an honest professional who works hard and gives everything for 90 minutes. He certainly gives the opposition something else to think about, thus creating space for Sharp, who I think will really benefit from playing alongside him for the remaining fixtures. I think fans will always overlook a few errors in exchange for wholehearted effort.

In fact Hanson does everything that was within the capability of Leon Clarke, but for me Clarkes heart isn't in it and that coupled with his 'injuries' means we need to get shut asap. Wilder might publicly laud big Leons great attitude, but great attitude is definitely not the impression he's left me with since his arrival.

I only hope such praise is purely a tongue in cheek sales pitch as Wilder looks to move him on. ;)

Maybe he could serve pies at half time on the kop, or clean the bogs, might aswell do something, as he is getting paid!!

Heard somebody at the game today claiming the reason he's not clicked this season is because he's never been 100% fit. We were rushing him back from injury too quickly because he was the only option over 6ft... hopefully if this is true, now we have Hanson, we can let Clarke properly recover and then have a very good option coming off the bench for the final third of the season.

Back
Top Bottom