Roy's View From... Leicester Fans Views On Luke Thomas

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Roygbiv

Reaction score

This is the kind of loan signing i'd hope we'd have an option at the end of... anyone know if there is?

Oh dear. Sounds like a mix of the less desirable attributes offered by Lowe and Little Ben, and from what we've seen of him so far, Larouci, rolled into one player.

Views From have been wrong in the past, obvs. Hoping this is the case here.

Worrying, let's hope the vast majority of these posters are know nowts and he turns out to be decent. Anyone else think he looks like a Uni student who's just stepped out of his dad's volvo with a backpack to study english lit at uni of?

Been an unused sub so far this season which is also a worry. Genuinely thought we had signed a player who was in the team, and doing really well. Oh well fingers crossed he surprises us because we really need some real quality at left back.

The last comment seems to appreciate the role Hecky has in developing players which was surprising, unless I’ve misread it

We needed a good, first choice LWB. I'm not overly convinced we've now got one.

‘Solid defensively and technically sound’

Not sure you can say that about any of our left backs since prime stevens tbh.

I think If he’s solid enough that’s fine for now - we can always bring on larouci if we are looking to be abit more adventurous or when chasing the game. He’s already one of our most experienced PL players in the squad and and an FA cup and u21 European champion at 22, so must have something about him.

Let’s see how he gets on - I mean if he can clear a football we’re potentially 2 points better off already this season given the goals lowe and larouci have already cost us.

We have signed lost of players pre-season who I can't see will get much game time!

I can't see this lad getting much either TBH.

Hecky is the man to develop a young talent like this....Sincerely hope we have the option to buy. I believe Hecky is the best man in the country for this young player right now

Despite an underwhelming view from, he's still a better option than what we currently have available, even if Oz and Lowe were fit.

‘Solid defensively and technically sound’

Not sure you can say that about any of our left backs since prime stevens tbh.

I think If he’s solid enough that’s fine for now - we can always bring on larouci if we are looking to be abit more adventurous or when chasing the game. He’s already one of our most experienced PL players in the squad and and an FA cup and u21 European champion at 22, so must have something about him.

Let’s see how he gets on - I mean if he can clear a football we’re potentially 2 points better off already this season given the goals lowe and larouci have already cost us.
Would rather see the guy in action before judging him . Man U was thinking of going for him because of the Shaw injury also Leeds wanted him so lets not prejudge the lad . One thing for sure is we were desperate for a left back or LWB we were so fragile in that dept' and already has cost us dear .May be a change of club might be good for him and kick start his career again .So lets just wait and see before we give judgment on him .

Maybe there isn’t a better or more experienced one available.
in the whole wide world?! Paying market value normally sees to that.

If we’ve used transfer funds/wages on someone who isn’t an improvement on the 3 we’ve got plus the injured RND then it’s a bit of a waste of a loan in my opinion.

Tin hat on here….

LWB has to be one area we targeted as weakens and yet we’ve come up short each time. Expect lots of goals conceded over the season down this side.

a lot will also depend on Anel and Egan status fir and suspension free as we are short in this area too.

Strength in depth in terms of quality is poor.

We don’t have managed options you could try on to change the game if plan A isn’t working.

Unfortunately we left ourselves with just too much to do in a short space of time down to mismanagement from above.

Back
Top Bottom