Leicester City

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I see Leicester as a mid table team with aspirations of getting into the top six but I reckon they will finish eighth. It's going to be a step up from Bournemouth and Palace that's for sure, are they unbeatable ........... nope. Yeah they looked good 2nd half v Chelsea but my god Chelsea looked poor by their standards, I'm wondering if it is all a bit too soon for Frankie boy.
Looking forwards to Saturday should be a good game and tell us a bit more about where we are, nothing to fear though. Should be a game that jug ears will take an interest in so hoping we can get the win and make him eat his own shit. Bring it on.

Remember seeing Showaddywaddy at Fiesta circa 73/74 BRILLIANT

I read the same comments as you. There are literally about a hundred or more comments by their fans taking the game seriously, and literally one which mentions Rotherham and their B-team. Don’t we have enough genuine beef with other clubs without the need to create artificial beef with every club we play?
I think you exaggerate show me the hundred

Don't know why everyone gets so worked up?
Who cares what other fans think?, I totally understand, that were going to lose games in the prem, but, aslong as we go out and give it a go, try, and don't give up, I also know, we can win games!!
What will be, will be, let's just have faith in Wilder, Knilly and the lads, and enjoy the ride!!

COYRAWW!

I'm of the old school opinion that a loss at home is always a dissapointing result against ANYONE.

Playing at home in your house should always be looked at as points for the taking and u would need to play below par or the away team play exceptionally well to take all 3 points away from you.

Therefore even though our toughest test to date i would still see a loss as unsatisfactory and questions to be asked after.

IF we do lose i don't want to see any of this ''oh we played fairly well but it was Leicester after all''.

I'm of the old school opinion that a loss at home is always a dissapointing result against ANYONE.

Playing at home in your house should always be looked at as points for the taking and u would need to play below par or the away team play exceptionally well to take all 3 points away from you.

Therefore even though our toughest test to date i would still see a loss as unsatisfactory and questions to be asked after.

IF we do lose i don't want to see any of this ''oh we played fairly well but it was Leicester after all''.

I can promise you, you won't see any of that "oh we played fairly well but it was Leicester after all" from me, whatever the score. A town full of crisp makers versus a city full of steelworkers - should be no contest really. Although, we are not so famous for our steel as we once were and they are no longer the crisp capital of the world, but are doing rather well on the ethnic food front.

I've often wondered about this "home" v "away" thing. I've never played professional football, so I don't really understand why it should be so different, and harder to play, away from home, than at home? It's just another football pitch isn't it? Roughly the same size as the one you are used to playing on at home.

I've considered all the variables, but I believe the only difference that matters is the approach you take to the game. At home, teams, for whatever reason, become more territorial and think and act differently on the pitch to what they do in away games. They are more likely to take the game to the opposition. It's almost like the fans expect that because we are the hosts and the other team the invaders, so we have to try and see them off. As a result, the home team generally dictate the pace of the game and go on the attack. Whereas the away team, generally assume the role of invader and play it more cautiously, at least until such a time as they get an opportunity to take the initiative to the home team.

Wilder's success, I think, is due in no small part to the fact that he's broken this mental mould as well. Even away from home, he's got his teams trying to dictate the pace of the game and going at the throats of the opposition. If I'm correct then it shouldn't matter at all whether a team is home or away, what matters is how they approach the game and how affected the players are mentally, by the crowd perhaps?

I am looking forward to us beating Leicester. I think we can. I think we should. I think we will. If we don't then I'm sure it won't be for lack of trying and it won't be because they are a super-force that are just too good for us. It will probably be down to narrow margins, bad luck and VAR. ;)

I think you exaggerate show me the hundred

I fear I’m treading on Roy’s territory here, but here you go. The comments you’re getting riled about seem to me to be jokes, too. There are over 200 posts on there. I haven’t read all (that’s Roy’s job!) but the overwhelming majority are taking the game seriously.

Said to Lady HB on Saturday, no matter what happens this season if we play in the manner and spirit as we did against Palace then I will be very proud.

Though obviously anything less than a European spot isn’t acceptable...
Was Lady HB impressed that you knew on the Saturday the manner and spirit we had played against Palace, a day before we played them 🙂

Jamie Gill wasn't sacked off from the pigs because he was too small.

He was sacked off because the academy manager at the time he was there caught him selling pills.

Back
Top Bottom