Leicester City

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Agree with every word of that Stretch. More optimistic now than facing into Palace game. No fluke that both opponents looked so poor. Introducing lundstram and flat midfield a Knill master stroke.⚔

Sheffield play a style of football that Premier league clubs will struggle with. Leicester have spent a fair bit of money & are a pretty decent team but they won't be thinking that this game will be easy.

Really? Personally I can't see how a Premier League side will struggle against a team from the Northern Premier League Division One East....????

Sheffield play a style of football that Premier league clubs will struggle with. Leicester have spent a fair bit of money & are a pretty decent team but they won't be thinking that this game will be easy.

You’ve touched a nerve there, it’s Sheffield United or just United, on account of being the original one.

Love the avatar by the way, I still have a copy of Music In A Doll’s House somewhere in the loft.

I'd be delighted with a point against the Foxes but I feel our first loss will come on Saturday. Obviously anything can happen on the day but I think their quality will shine through, 0-2 Leicestershire City.

They are on paper easily the best side we will have faced so far, now that is not to say we can’t or won’t get anything from the game, but to deny this is anything other than a significant step up in quality of opposition would be foolish.

A point on Saturday would be a terrific one but even a defeat would not stress me as these aren’t a team in our “mini league” that we need to be near the top of come May.

People saying we should almost expect to beat teams like Leicester are being a bit disrespectful to the Blades team and the job they face this season.
I have belief in us and am optimistic of points in this one and most other matches, but we should know there are no easy games this season. Saying otherwise isn't negative, it is actually showing more admiration for our lads doing what they have done and continue to do.

Leicester are a long way away from being one of the best sides in the country. The best sides include Man City, Liverpool, Spurs, Arsenal and Man U and Leicester are not even close. Leicester may be vying for the title of "best of the rest", and "the rest" includes us as a member. The ones who are bigging them up are probably the same crowd who were deferring to Brentford a couple of seasons ago and that was just as comical to listen to. My only slight hesitation for predicting a win next week is that we will need to score twice to beat them as it's nailed on that wiry little twat will score.

Likely draw, possible win.
hmm. Leicester are a borderline top 6 team. they regularly beat top 6 teams. this game is a free hit for us.. these guys aren't our genuine competitors

I struggle to see where Leicesters goals will come from this season tbh..

With Vardy now 32 and playing up top alone I struggle to see him a 20 goal a season player anymore.
With the likes of Barnes and Maddison supplying, I think there's every chance he'll be close to 20 goals again. I'm not sure he'll be written off as a hasbeen if he bags 18.

hmm. Leicester are a borderline top 6 team. they regularly beat top 6 teams. this game is a free hit for us.. these guys aren't our genuine competitors

They were 14 points off top 6 last season SP, as I said, not even close.

They were 14 points off top 6 last season SP, as I said, not even close.
fair point but we're on this season now Snoots! :D.. i reckon in the 'final reckoning' they will be much closer this time. i did mention 'borderline' to prevent typing but i shall elaborate as you seem interested :) outside the proper top six there are a couple of teams in a secondary category e.g. Everton, Wolves and Leicester. they're not top 6 as you say but they're not an also ran either.. ;)

It is an important season for Leicester, personally I have never rated Brendan Rodgers, he did OK at Watford, and despite only winning 2 of his first 10 games in charge kept them up.....then he jumped ship to Reading, where he was sacked/walked by mutual consent after only 6 months before arriving at Swansea. He did well there but inherited a very strong Championship squad and they went up through the play-offs and finished 11th the following season.

He then got lucky with a Suarez inspired Liverpool, (but they still managed to "slip up" and bottle the title) then he was sacked after becoming the first Liverpool manager since the 1950s not to win a trophy after three seasons in charge......

Onto Celtic and yes there was huge success in a league devoid of any realistic competition....I think a relatively competent League 1/2 Manager could have done the same....of course there was the inevitable annual Champions League failures...

So, onto Leicester as Rodgers jumps ship again just as Rangers start to establish themselves back in the Scottish Premier...….

A point wouldn't be a bad result at all, and I think that's what we'll get. Hopefully our high pressing can force another mistake like it did for Chelsea against them. We all know about Brendan's 'philosophy'

'A free hit'... What kind of an attitude is that?

Aye, bollox to trying to beat anyone who isn't in our 'mInI lEaGuE'...

'A free hit'... What kind of an attitude is that?

Aye, bollox to trying to beat anyone who isn't in our 'mInI lEaGuE'...

I wouldn't say a "free hit" but our main goal is to beat the teams who'll most likely be in and around us and imo, Leicester aren't that. Any points we pick up against the top half teams are a bonus in my eyes.

Leicester not guaranteed to play as well as they did against Chelsea....if they do we are in trouble ..if not then we can get something out of the game ...maybe even a win ...but think we would all take a point now ..please

Madison looks as though he stepped up another's notch ..Teilemans had a shocker ..if they both produce we need a bit of good fortune ..good play ..and possibly 2 goals for a point

Exciting 2-2 do me fine

Ignoring the Premier League win the other progress Leicester have made as a football club over the last decade is what a club like ours should seek to emulate.

A lesson and blueprint for our future owners laid out right there.

Wilder has added some PL steel to our defensive standards, Im sure a few bollockings got issued about the Bournemouth goal.

He's doing the same with midfield, gradually introducing pace and skill off the bench.

The front players will be just the same. He's re-building the team back to front, with new players mostly of the attacking mould. Try a bit here, introduce another bit there. Softly softly while he finds the right balance up front.You can tell he's picking his midfield and forward options based on how they all do in training. Leave it to Chris and Alan to bring this team on. Softly softly.

Results will come, and if we pick some up while the stalwarts and the new players are adjusting, that's the bonus.

You’ve touched a nerve there, it’s Sheffield United or just United, on account of being the original one.

Love the avatar by the way, I still have a copy of Music In A Doll’s House somewhere in the loft.

Thanks for the "heads up". I will not make that mistake again.
Not too many people remember Family any more.Music in a Dolls House is a classic

This would have been a tough game but apparently they’ve just lost their star defender.

Reading the comments by some of their fans posts it seems they could play their B side like they did again against Rotherham and beat us. Others saying play their under 23 side. They seem to think we are just a hard working side
Message to their fans if you think that then it’s absolutely brilliant that you do because if your team think the same then your in for a shock... Arrogant idiots

I read the same comments as you. There are literally about a hundred or more comments by their fans taking the game seriously, and literally one which mentions Rotherham and their B-team. Don’t we have enough genuine beef with other clubs without the need to create artificial beef with every club we play?

The 1st win was vital, we have that early. No reason why we can't turn these over Saturday and I think we will.

Sorry. Should have put. In my opinion.
I’m only joking, I’m not criticising you.

(I’ve got a good mate from Leicester and it was a running joke - Def Lep, Human League, ABC, Pulp, Arctic Monkeys, Joe Cocker etc v their lot).

Oh please release me, let me go...

John Virgo is from Salford.

You're thinking of Willie Thorne. Or Mark Selby.
Yes of course, I was thinking of Thorne. I didn’t know Selby was from Leicester tbh.

Back
Top Bottom