Leicester City

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Reading the comments by some of their fans posts it seems they could play their B side like they did again against Rotherham and beat us. Others saying play their under 23 side. They seem to think we are just a hard working side
Message to their fans if you think that then it’s absolutely brilliant that you do because if your team think the same then your in for a shock... Arrogant idiots
Haha......get used to this underestimation of us, arrogance, sanctimony and ill informed nonsense.......We love it, thrive on it and they give us nothing to lose in every game.....the pressure is on them......watch out for Vardy et al rolling around trying to get our players sent off when they meet a brick wall defence.....watch out for the moaning to the referee from Rodgers......get ready for the “they can’t keep it up and the best time to play SU is when they’ve had a few bloody noses”.....from clown Souness and clown Cole......for me it’s making the season all the more enjoyable 😀👍

Leicester are a long way away from being one of the best sides in the country. The best sides include Man City, Liverpool, Spurs, Arsenal and Man U and Leicester are not even close. Leicester may be vying for the title of "best of the rest", and "the rest" includes us as a member. The ones who are bigging them up are probably the same crowd who were deferring to Brentford a couple of seasons ago and that was just as comical to listen to. My only slight hesitation for predicting a win next week is that we will need to score twice to beat them as it's nailed on that wiry little twat will score.

Likely draw, possible win.
Leicester beat Man City, Arsenal and Chelsea last year and also drew at Liverpool. It's fair to say they are one of the best sides in the country outside the usual suspects and a bit better than Brentford.

Leicester beat Man City, Arsenal and Chelsea last year and also drew at Liverpool. It's fair to say they are one of the best sides in the country outside the usual suspects and a bit better than Brentford.

They have a better away record than the team we just beat Len?

I agree. I'm on a high after our start to the season, and don't fear any team coming here. But we have to keep our feet on the ground and be confident without being cocky. We will get some pastings this year, and we need to be ready for them and keep on fighting and playing with confidence and in our way. There aren't going to be any givens this season at all.

They finished firmly ensconced in mid table last season level on points with one of the other "best sides in the country", West fucking Ham.

This is the first team were playing in the opening fixtures that aren't playing in our mini league at the bottom..

Anything from this game will be fantastic, they say palace are the best team braking on you in the league, no, I think it's Leicester..

In theory you are correct but in reality I think ultimately Leicester will be bottom third....they will miss Slabhead more than they realise, (Jonny Evans.....poor mans Richard Stearman!) and I don't rate Brendan Rodgers at all. Few Leicester mates aren't convinced that ultimately they will be any better than under Puel.

I agree. I'm on a high after our start to the season, and don't fear any team coming here. But we have to keep our feet on the ground and be confident without being cocky. We will get some pastings this year, and we need to be ready for them and keep on fighting and playing with confidence and in our way. There aren't going to be any givens this season at all.

Leicester will not be giving us a pasting. What the fuck is the matter with some of our lot?

In theory you are correct but in reality I think ultimately Leicester will be bottom third....they will miss Slabhead more than they realise, (Jonny Evans.....poor mans Richard Stearman!) and I don't rate Brendan Rodgers at all. Few Leicester mates aren't convinced that ultimately they will be any better than under Puel.

I'm just giving some respect, losing Maguire was a blow but they are gonna be a bigger test than the previous two games in my opinion..

We agree on Rogers, as he's no better than Steve Bruce..

Leicester will not be giving us a pasting. What the fuck is the matter with some of our lot?
I never meant Leicester would be giving us a pasting. They are one of the teams we could hope to get some kind of result against. I'm just saying we aren't going to be dancing round the kop every week, and to keep realistic but positive.

In the same way that some of you guys get annoyed at other teams talking nonsense about your team/players etc, the talk about the Maguire effect is OTT in my opinion. You'd think that based on some of the reaction that we'd never conceded a goal when he was here.

As you chaps will know he's a fantastic player, but he's far from perfect. Numerous examples across his time here where he was turned by some pretty poor players (Depoitre at Huddersfield being one example), and out of position also. He's definitely a loss, but I'd have been more disappointed to have lost Ricardo, Vardy, Tielemans, Ndidi, Maddison, Chilwell (though not based on his Wolves performance) and even Evans over him. There were a couple of times last season when Morgan and Evans looked a far better unit without him.

Time will tell of course, but I think the press and Man United fans will get a reality check soon enough.

I can't see Leicester finishing outside of the top half this season. Leicester knew they were going lose Maguire a year ago and bought two young CB,s as replacements. One of them, Caglar Soyuncu has looked very good so far.
I have to tell you that watching Puel style football was just brutal.

Leicester remind me of the bloke who got lucky on a night out and shagged a stunner. He knows he will never do it again but as a result struts about like a dog wi two dicks. Ten years time when he is all washed up he will be propping up a bar somewhere telling anyone who will listen how great he once was.....

Leicester remind me of the bloke who got lucky on a night out and shagged a stunner. He knows he will never do it again but as a result struts about like a dog wi two dicks. Ten years time when he is all washed up he will be propping up a bar somewhere telling anyone who will listen how great he once was.....

In the last 20 years they've won the League Cup twice, got to the final, won the Prem and got to the quarter final of the European Cup.
Several decent pulls for a relatively unfashionable provincial club.

Using that analogy we’re a bloke who had a girlfriend twenty five years ago, managed to get laid twelve years ago, have finally pulled again and now think we’re George Clooney.

We agree on Rogers, as he's no better than Steve Bruce..

Total and Utter nonsense...

Cannot compare Rodgers and Bruce, not in the same class.

A double-treble with Celtic, which would have been a treble-treble if he had stayed at Parkhead.
Steve Bruce, sacked from Aston Villa, appointed manager at S6. Resigned to join Newcastle United.

Winning a two horse race while one horse wasn't in the race..

Outstanding..
Getting Swansea promoted playing good football in the days when small clubs weren’t supposed to be able to play good football?

Total and Utter nonsense...

Cannot compare Rodgers and Bruce, not in the same class.

A double-treble with Celtic, which would have been a treble-treble if he had stayed at Parkhead.
Steve Bruce, sacked from Aston Villa, appointed manager at S6. Resigned to join Newcastle United.

All he really done at Celtic was what is expected of him. In his time there, he didn’t have much opposition with a poor rangers and an Aberdeen side that consistently bottled the big games hence all the cup wins for Celtic.

In the last 20 years they've won the League Cup twice, got to the final, won the Prem and got to the quarter final of the European Cup.
Several decent pulls for a relatively unfashionable provincial club.

Why do you keep harping on about how great Leicester are?

If we play to our potential, we'll give em a game and compete

We have a chance against many teams on our own patch

They're an excellent side to watch most of the time and I don't think they will miss Maguire that much at all. This will be the hardest game so far by some distance. I see them as genuine top 6 challenges.

I'd be delighted with a point and I don't think that's being negative from a Blades view, I just think if Leicester play to their potential they'll have too much for most teams in the league.

Sheffield play a style of football that Premier league clubs will struggle with. Leicester have spent a fair bit of money & are a pretty decent team but they won't be thinking that this game will be easy.

I think if we drew this then it would be a good result and a fantastic start to our season.

They’re a good team and will be tougher than both Palace and Bournemouth.
combined and multiplied by a factor of 10.

I mean, Leicester are invincible - everyone knows that. Tbh - we might as well apply to the Premier League powers that be and ask them just to give Leicester a "by" for this one. No point in us all trailing down to Bramall Lane just to watch us get humiliated by Leicester is there? We never seem to get the better of Leicester. They are just too good for us. :(

Why do you keep harping on about how great Leicester are?

If we play to our potential, we'll give em a game and compete

We have a chance against many teams on our own patch

It's a way of preparing himself for what he believes will be a big disappointment. Keep telling yourself that the other team is too good and a defeat is highly likely, then if anything slightly better than that happens you'll feel good about it. This is called "Sheffield syndrome" and affects more people in this area than anywhere else in the world.

Fortunately not everyone has it.

Some of us think, "yeah, Leicester, decent side. Better than the two sides we've played so far. Should be a cracking game and a bloody good test. But, we can definitely beat them".

I struggle to see where Leicesters goals will come from this season tbh..

With Vardy now 32 and playing up top alone I struggle to see him a 20 goal a season player anymore.

We seem to have a knack of making good teams look average or at least cancelling out their strengths. We don't do it in a Pulis/Boro type way though, which effectively meant turning the game into a scrap fest. We do it by defending and pressing as one unit, ultra organized and then when in possession we flip it by attacking as one in a very unconventional manner (cue cliches about overlapping CBs).
Of course this is then normally interpreted by rival supporters as their team having an off day or putting in their worst ever performance. This was the case in the Championship and will likely be the case every time we pick up points this season.
Both Bournemouth and Palace are renowned counter attacking teams and bar own or two moments they barely troubled us. We had the same levelled at us by Leeds, West Brom, Boro, Villa etc etc last season.

Can we nullify Leicester? Of course we can. Will it be more difficult? Of course it will, but I will never underestimate what this group can do.

Back
Top Bottom