Leeds Fan In Peace 2

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I think it was 84-85ish . Seem to remember seats and coins coming our way on John Street West Terrace and seats coins and even part of a crush barrier going the other way .

For rank stupidity though Leeds really did take the Gold Medal . At the same game the Leeds fans in Bramall Lane Upper managed to release the advertisement hoardings located on the facsia directly above their own fans . We all stood in shock as they were released and witnessed them crashing to the ground inches from their own fans . How no one was injured or worse is something I still struggle to understand to this day .

Good owd Leeds. When it came to mindless wrecking sprees they were numero uno throughout the 80's . Just a shame that they never wanted to know when it came to straight up fisticuffs ;)

:rolleyes:

https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.p...reason-whatsoever.50836/page-495#post-1856444

https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.p...reason-whatsoever.50836/page-495#post-1856445

Are you a spy? Will all the info given by my fellow Bladesmen above be handed over to your coach?

Right then..

Goalie crap in the air,
O'connell never overlaps,
Norwood can't hit a long ball and always passes back,
McGoldrick never moves around, Billy couldn't hit a barn door, and so on.

Also, your supporters will be welcomed with open arms in the Golden Lion......have a nice day at Beautiful downtown Bramall Lane.

Hello Blades fans:)

Back again :D

Same as last season if anyone can be bothered.

Few questions ( and answers imo if anyone has any about us).

Then goes on our forum for peoples to read etc.

Just thoughts on your squad, signings, manager, season so far, how you see the season panning out and finally thoughts on the game on Saturday:cool::cool:.

Any responses greatly appreciated.

Cjay.
giphy.gif

Are you a spy? Will all the info given by my fellow Bladesmen above be handed over to your coach?

Right then..

Goalie crap in the air,
O'connell never overlaps,
Norwood can't hit a long ball and always passes back,m
McGoldrick never moves around, Billy couldn't hit a barn door, and so on.

Also, your supporters will be welcomed with open arms in the Golden Lion......have a nice day at Beautiful downtown Bramall Lane.
U have summed us up on Saturday against millers except for 1 ?

My take.

Like last season we are usually great at keeping possession and normally look better in attack than defence. On our day we will create some very good chances but we can struggle to put them away. We have players in Duffy, Fleck, Norwood and McG who can control games so provided we get the right service to Sharp and make the most of set pieces we should score.

Where teams manage to maintain long spells of possession against us and pin us back we can look vulnerable, especially when defending a lead. Leeds have enough in the bank to test us on Saturday.

Should be a good spectacle of attacking football with both teams going at it; hard to call the result.

Think we have possibly the best manager in the division, straight talking, identifies weaknesses and does something about it.

Our squad is stronger but we’re not there yet. Norwood has been our best signing imo since last season but for me our key player is Duffy.

We’re a little inconsistent at the moment but Wilder will already have a plan about what he needs to do to strengthen us further.

I reckon we’re in with a chance of automatic but more likely will end up in the play-offs.

Believe it or not I’d quite like Leeds to go up with us. Would be about time the top flight had Leeds (and us) in it again.

Can you just imagine the wrist slashing over at Swillsborough, especially after they’ve gone down to L1 as I expect..

:D:D:D
You not been watching the telly? We’re on as often as the Loiners these days. We can play a bit, but can’t defend for toffee. As good as you think you are we will expose your weaknesses, But the number of goals we score to chances we create ratio is not very good.

Just thoughts on your squad, signings, manager, season so far, how you see the season panning out and finally thoughts on the game on Saturday:cool::cool:.

Cjay.
Not forgiven for signing Currie F**k off

Cjay.

Go away.

qycyh4.gif

Cjay.

Better than expected start to the season but form has dipped recently.

We made some good, bad and indifferent signings in the summer but mainly cheap so not too much financial damage.

Contrary to the opinions of some of our fans we are not the best team in the league although some of the S6 delusion is spreading to S2 so some think that we are.

Hope we beat Leeds as ever but I'd take a point now, it will either be 3-2 or 0-0, we don't do much in between.

Also, a point I always like to make to our slack accented West Yorkshire friends, it's "One" pronounced similarly to the phonetic sound of "Won" not "Wun" ;)

I've seen Leeds a few times this season and they're very beatable. However, they're also very good when they play at 100%

We need to race into an early lead to win this one for me. Like 2-0 before HT.

1-1 or 2-2 for me

I'm sure I'll only be echoing the thoughts already posted on here. But, for me, Saturday sees the two most entertaining sides in the division meeting one another (cue the 0-0 bore fest).

The season so far is one that we've got to be pleased with. At times we've played with a level of skill and fluidity that I've never seen before from a Sheffield United side. At times we've looked border-line unplayable. Unfortunately we've also looked bang average or where on a number of occasions too. If you look at the last twice we were televised (also 2 local Derbies); in the first half against Wednesday we looked a really classy outfit, but just couldn't quite deal the killer blow. By contrast against Rotherham we were seriously poor, seriously lucky point that! So in summary we've largely been good, at times excellent but have been very inconsistent.

In terms of signings:
Signing of the season- Has to go to Norwood. His range of passing is superb, his set pieces have brought a new threat and he's key to what we do. Stats wise he's played the most passes and created the most chances in the whole division. 90% of the time he's truly excellent, 10% he's useless.

Surprise of the season- David Mcgoldrick. Really skilful player, excellent build up play and plays some really clever touches. His finishing isn't quite good enough at the minute, but he causes problems.

Young player- Dean Deano Hendo Henderson. What a young keeper he is. Big character, awesome shot stopper. Doesn't claim crosses or hold on to stuff quite as well as I'd hoped, but overall a real quality addition. We all just wish we could afford him permanently!

Disappointment of the season- Ben Woodburn. Came really highly rated, seen as something of a coup. I thought he could even be an upgrade on Brooks. I was wrong. We've not seen much of him, but he's not been able to force his way in and will no doubt be heading back over the pennies to Liverpool in January.

In terms of our manager. Wilder continues to over achieve. He's serving up champagne football on a lemonade budget. He's a born and bread blade; safe to say we love him. He can get other fans backs up, and spits his dummy out when opposing teams don't play to his self imposed moral code. But we still love him.

Enjoy the game Saturday, I'm predicting a score draw, but Leeds haven't faired too well against the Sheffield clubs of late.

Cjay the way we attack with the CB’s does leave us exposed at times, but the likes of Norwood and Fleck slot in, plus the wingbacks manage to cover as well. What I love is that the left and right CB’s and wingbacks can end up on the opposite side supporting the strikers. The CB’s slotting crosses in or darting into the box late to join an attack.

Coutts just hasn’t got the full fitness yet and it will take time and opportunity for him to get back in

Woodburn has only had cameos and he’s not managed to force Duffy out, whos had a fantastic start to the season. Looks lively and fitter than last season.

McG is brilliant at the link play, can pick a pass and can sit deeper if need be. He’ll never be prolific but probably creates more than he scores

I think the way you do it is quite unique and very impressive, just wonder if its a bit to expansive for this level and the quality of player in the league, maybe its why you havent quite made it yet?

Duffy really impressed me last season, id never heard of him tbh, but uch a clever player.

Oh i see, always wondered what people saw in MCGoldrick, maybe thats it.

I would, providing we go up I don't think he would leave. I wouldn't begrudge him if he left us if he wasn't given the money he deserves to play with. I think the club owes it to him to allow him to leave to test his metal against the likes of Guardiola and that fraud Mourinho. He has already given us our club back and put us on a platform to be successful again (or at least competitive in the championship for the foreseeable future) which is more than we could have ever hoped for 3 or 4 years ago in the doldrums of league 1.

As far as I know Norwood is already a done deal to be completed in Jan. Loan to Perm already agreed 2m quid I think.

Cheers!
Wasnt he unhappy about funds last season, seems thats sorted this then.

What forum is that Cjay? Guessing LUFCtalk? Anyway, its always a decent game v Leeds. I can recall one of my earliest games was v Leeds and we won 2 - 1 (I think) back in 1993 and we finished above Leeds that season, which was some achievement given the difference in budget (Leeds have always had a big budget).

I think we'll be at our best on Saturday, the pressure is somewhat off because Leeds come as favourites but that brings its own pressure. Leeds win a game or two and the pressure mounts because its been an ice age since Leeds were last in the PL! ;-) We've had a decent record in recent times v Leeds but obviously that matters little on Saturday. Leeds certainly are much improved and will cause us some problems but I think we'll cause Leeds problems too and it'll be a tight affair. We must make sure Hernandez is given little room and make sure that Roofe is well marked, particularly in the air. Thankfully we've decent at the back when it comes to commanding the opposition in the air.

No doubt Douglas's ability on crossing will need to be watched.

I think both teams will create and it'll be a case of who takes their chances. Us winning last night is massive and the confidence from that will be huge. I think a draw is likely or a narrow win for us. I'll go 2 - 2 Blades like last time .Billy's got to get one and Leon with the other. Now he's got one yesterday I think he'll get another.

MOTForum mate, http://www.motforum.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=34686.

We havent had a big budget for a long time lol, even now we have one of the smaller budgets in the league, something that gets overlooked i feel. We live within our means now, can be frustrating, is frustrating when you see the big spenders throwing it about willy nilly, but better then the alternative which we had before.

I wouldnt say we are favourites, your 5th placed and playing at home, id have you as favourites (haven't checked odds i must admit). We do like a little meltdown this is true :D I hadnt realised how poor our record was vs you till i looked, 1 win in the last 11 meetings, no wins at your place since 1992, its not good reading.

I take hope from our record against some tough teams this season away, you have the same points total at home as Norwich and Wigan and 1 more then Derby, we beat them, so there is hope. But we are missing key players, Pontus Jansson may not be fit, Luke Ayling, Gaetano Berardi, Patrick Bamford, Izzy Brown, Tom Pearce, 5 of those probably would be in our first choice 18.

Roofe is a very clever player, but a physical threat in the air he is not, he relies on movement, if tracked well he will cause no problems in the air for your large cbs. Hernandez is key, [plays on the right normally but he turns up all over the place, capable of doing nothing all game then winning it in a second.

But like you i think we can leave ourselves very open, it concerns me because we play a similar style to Brentford and you beat them (although they seem to have lost there way since Dean Smith left).

If we both play our usual style and at our very best which for us would be the first time in a while tbh, then that could make for an awesome game, a really good advert for The Championship.

COuld go either way, we may not cope with your style, or you may not cope with ours, someone could get a thumping, but i think its more likely to be a tight affair as you say, ill go for 2-1 us, but id be very happy with a point.

Thanks for the response.

MOTForum mate, http://www.motforum.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=34686.

We havent had a big budget for a long time lol, even now we have one of the smaller budgets in the league, something that gets overlooked i feel. We live within our means now, can be frustrating, is frustrating when you see the big spenders throwing it about willy nilly, but better then the alternative which we had before.

I wouldnt say we are favourites, your 5th placed and playing at home, id have you as favourites (haven't checked odds i must admit). We do like a little meltdown this is true :D I hadnt realised how poor our record was vs you till i looked, 1 win in the last 11 meetings, no wins at your place since 1992, its not good reading.

I take hope from our record against some tough teams this season away, you have the same points total at home as Norwich and Wigan and 1 more then Derby, we beat them, so there is hope. But we are missing key players, Pontus Jansson may not be fit, Luke Ayling, Gaetano Berardi, Patrick Bamford, Izzy Brown, Tom Pearce, 5 of those probably would be in our first choice 18.

Roofe is a very clever player, but a physical threat in the air he is not, he relies on movement, if tracked well he will cause no problems in the air for your large cbs. Hernandez is key, [plays on the right normally but he turns up all over the place, capable of doing nothing all game then winning it in a second.

But like you i think we can leave ourselves very open, it concerns me because we play a similar style to Brentford and you beat them (although they seem to have lost there way since Dean Smith left).

If we both play our usual style and at our very best which for us would be the first time in a while tbh, then that could make for an awesome game, a really good advert for The Championship.

COuld go either way, we may not cope with your style, or you may not cope with ours, someone could get a thumping, but i think its more likely to be a tight affair as you say, ill go for 2-1 us, but id be very happy with a point.

Thanks for the response.
One of the smaller budgets in the league? In what way? You must have a decent wage bill?

One of the smaller budgets in the league? In what way? You must have a decent wage bill?

Bamford cost them 8m, not sure about Hernandez, but that will be at least a few mill, Barry douglas was a few mill...

So, not quite the 'one of the smallest budgets'.

You not been watching the telly? We’re on as often as the Loiners these days. We can play a bit, but can’t defend for toffee. As good as you think you are we will expose your weaknesses, But the number of goals we score to chances we create ratio is not very good.
Think you’ve quoted wrong post?

I'd say we're better and stronger than last season with more squad options also. ON our day we're contenders, but we're not always on our day.

Our weakness is breaking defensive teams down, especially those that wont leave their own half

Same as us, we have had that most of the season, teams not leaving there own half, hence the most possession in the league, cant see either of us doing that on Saturday.

Respect to the op but I really really really fucking hate Leeds.
Soz.

Why? is it because of something that happened before i was born :(

Tends to be lol a dislike for the Revie side etc, fair doos.

I used to hate Leeds as much as the next Blade but got taken under the wing of the NY Whites group in the USA and they were all top blokes. Used to go out drinking with them regularly and am still in touch. The only problem was after a few beers they always started singing Leeds songs in bars and night clubs. They took a bit of humerous pride in their seat smasher reputation, but weren't violent at all.

Unfortunately with all games available in iFollow there are less exiled supporters meeting in the pubs (often 7 or 8am) for games these days - not just Leeds.
We arent a bad bunch really, just got a few assholes like most clubs tiz all.

Thanks for the response.

Leeds is posh compared to Sheffield, loads more money swilling around, yet they still seem to have this old fashioned reputation. Cjay, what do Leeds fans think of the Sheffield rivalries - which one of us would they most like to beat?
From memory we seem to have done well against Leeds in recent years.

Its hard for me to answer mate, not being a Yorkshire native, so i dont really feel any real dislike for either of you, just league rivals to me, although the atmosphere at games vs you and other "rivals" is better.

From reading i think there seems to be more of a dislike for Wendies, where as there is more a begrudging respect for you, especially in recent years, but i could be wrong. Wernt particularly happy to end up with your old guard under Warnock i must say lol

Yes you have, 1 defeat in 11 for you against us i think it was.

Hi mate as others have said we’re better than last year but not the finished article. I’m sure Wilder knows what is needed for the next progression of the team the question is can we afford to get those players in. I work in Leeds so have the “pleasure “ of knowing lots of Leeds fans.
Discussed it with a number and we sound to play similar styles, pressing high to win possession back and piling lots of players forward. Whatever does happen doesn’t feel like 0-0 is too likely.

So pile your money on that as now I’ve said it can’t happen it’s nailed on!
Im sure it is a real pleasure :)

Thats something i think a lot struggle with, dont think there are many bad teams in this league, just most lack that little bit of quality that they just cant afford, some have it like Villa, Stoke etc but cant get a game plan going, others like us have a good plan, and are tactically on it, but maybe lack that X Factor of the big spenders.

Yes lol, almost certainly going to be a snooze fest just because in no way should it be.

Thanks for the response.

Back
Top Bottom