Leeds boss ?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Leeds is a very different city to ours, notwithstanding the one club scenario, Leeds is Yorkshireā€™s major commercial centre & population conurbation, by nature Leedsā€™ fosters a more ambitious & commercially confident atmosphere - one only has to compare the 2 respective city centres & the quality of recent investments to recognise this.

Having worked in both cities the difference in attitudes & general confidence of their respective citizens is also noticeable & I believe this also permeates down to the approaches adopted by the 3 professional football clubs.

That sounds about right and I'm sure you're right about the commercial vibrant feel of Leeds, but I think it lacks something culturally that Sheffield seems to have, but perhaps that's just me. It also has an international Cricket venue and a successful Rugby League scene. I remember a comment about the business interest/involvement in the Sheffield FA Cup semi final which suggested that it couldn't fully get behind either club at the risk of upsetting half the city. Leeds won't have that problem and it's a richer city than Sheffield

This has happened many times before and itā€™s how football journalism works. Each year there is ā€œa miracleā€ and the press run with it until another story emerges. I can think of 5 of the top of my head and the next season they just became another premier league club because no one is interested and thatā€™s how the media works.

Allardyce performing ā€œmiraclesā€ at Bolton
Eddie Howe performing ā€œmiraclesā€ at Bournemouth in their first season
Steve McClaren being the special one at Boro
Sean Dyche with Burnley
Pulis at Stoke who then became known as cloggers once the fun wore off
Chris Wilder last season, but if it wasnā€™t us it would have been Bruce at Newcastle or Smith at Villa

They want so hard for Bielsa to be that story because heā€™s this enigma that produces good content. An ethereal being thatā€™s been blessed upon Leeds. At present heā€™s got them promoted and won one game in the premier league but heā€™s been painted into the Messiah role that Chris was last year.

Us, on the other hand, if we lose to Villa tomorrow theyā€™ll be explaining how Wilder canā€™t keep achieving miracles and weā€™re destined for relegation.

Its the way it works. Itā€™s why weā€™re better off focussing on our own thoughts towards the team rather than looking for adoration elsewhere. Weā€™re never going to achieve it. Not properly, until we do something else magnificent and unexpected,

Leeds is a very different city to ours, notwithstanding the one club scenario, Leeds is Yorkshireā€™s major commercial centre & population conurbation, by nature Leedsā€™ fosters a more ambitious & commercially confident atmosphere - one only has to compare the 2 respective city centres & the quality of recent investments to recognise this.

Having worked in both cities the difference in attitudes & general confidence of their respective citizens is also noticeable & I believe this also permeates down to the approaches adopted by the 3 professional football clubs.

So how come Sheffield W*******y haven't relocated to Leeds?

I've lived and worked in both too.
Leeds has left Sheffield very much behind in many areas in recent years.
It sure has we are not at the stage where every house has burglar bars on doors and windows ...........

image-0-x380.jpg

Scored 7 conceded 7.........Is this doing well?
When Bielsa has run em into the ground.....They will start to unravel.

I like Bielsa
He'll recognise good Spanish, Portuguese, Central and South American players and bring them in.

We recognise average British talent, get priced out of it because they want more than fourpence ha'penny a week and end up with British cloggers and hoofers instead

We were in Whitby this week and overheard a conversation about Whitby Whites being one of the biggest fan groups.
The went to Robin Hood's Bay and saw Leeds United scarves hanging out of a bedroom window of a house.... šŸ™„
Get thi sen to Skeg lad.......Sheffield on sea

This won't be all that popular in some parts, but I have to say I fucking love watching Leeds United marching on together and ycu...
Ooops my bad. And I got disconnected... Watching them getting fucking twatted week in week out. Sack Duckworth, looks like he's brewing for a shit every time I've seen him. Weirdo....

I too have lived and worked in Leeds & Sheffield ,Retail and Business wise it is 10 times the City Sheffield is. However it is no hotbed of Football, the majority of people I knew were Rugby League fans & it always seemed to me the vast majority of Leeds United fans came from outside the City !!

Back
Top Bottom