Lavery

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Think I'll sign for United

I'll never be ready to start or complete 90 minutes and there will be no transfer fee clause either

Been told today we have to pay a fee to Wendy after Lavery's first start

Makes you think doesn't it...

Was the person that told you a pig by any chance ?
Just the sort of thing they would start, just to show how skint we are compared to them.

Fuckin ell .

Chapmans hatrick means EEL's now recalled by Wolves .

Sounds completely fucking ridiculous and there's absolutely no merit to this in anyway shape or form but a kid in the pub drinking barley wine and cider snakebite told me about it .

If this is true , and let's face it it's the Blades we are talking about here , someone wants fucking .

And he's just fell further down the pecking order.

(Bit of a lack of goalscoring instinct on his part, going by today's performance.)

I don't really even get this post. He's meant to be decent, but came still injured, so we got him fit but Wilder said we'd take it easy with him, he's not only working his way back but had no pre season either.

So that's what we're doing. He's doing way better than John Ebbrell

Don't want to feed the fire but he was average when he came on against a very poor side today. He ain't a natural goal scorer that's for sure. Fingers crossed he will get better.

No doubt plenty will use that moment of hesitation from him in front of goal to decide he isn't good enough, like they did with DCL after the Crewe game...

On the subject of Lavery - he showed a bit of pace and strength, should have scored but messed up one chance and the keeper made a good save for the other. Meanwhile the fella picked ahead of him scores a hat trick and sets up another.

Nowt to worry about here.

Not wanting to have a go at him. Just telling it as I saw it.Hopefully he will be great for us in the future.

Sounds like bollocks to me. I'd go for brining him in on the second half against tired legs. He's played very little football of late so it doesn't seem unthinkable that he's not fully fit yet.

UTB

Ah, but the rumour puts our club in a bad light, so it's certain to be true. Personally, I'm mad with rage.

Told by a bloke in the South Stand bogs at half time we have to pay the pigs if Lavery wears red boots.
Thank fuck the cunt came on wearing mincing Nike luminous yellow.
Bloke in bogs obviously right.
Another bullet dodged.

No doubt plenty will use that moment of hesitation from him in front of goal to decide he isn't good enough, like they did with DCL after the Crewe game...
I made that assessement of DCL after several awful performances (i.e. every one he made), and I was absolutely spot on.

DCL is nowhere near good enough for us, right now.

Whether he becomes so (albeit elsewhere) is a seperate point.

UTB

I reckon we are just taking our time and phasing him in. I suspect his injury is more complex than first feared - so he's on the bench for use if we are desperate at the mo and we are just treating him with caution.
Doesn't stack up he wouldn't be fit now - a professional in that situation would do everything to keep himself fit in the summer if he was signing for a new club (and he's now had months with he first team)

It's either that or wilder doesn't actually rate what he's seen of him.

I made that assessement of DCL after several awful performances (i.e. every one he made), and I was absolutely spot on.

DCL is nowhere near good enough for us, right now.

Whether he becomes so (albeit elsewhere) is a seperate point.

UTB

You can't say you were spot on when he never had a proper chance to prove it. He made a few appearances, mainly from the bench and was often far from as bad as you suggest, and many of us could see the attributes he has, which PL scouts also saw.

A big PL club signed him, despite the fact he's 19 rather than 16/17. He plays for England U20. Maybe he wouldn't be starting for us but he'd certainly be a good option to have on the bench.

In place of who?

There's no straightforward answer to that as it depends on too many things. His versatility means he'd get in the squad more often than not.

When lavery and McNulty were at Pompy, their fans rated McNulty higher than him (and he scored more goals). Not sure what the big fuss is about this lad. He might be ok, he might be shite. Let's let Wilder make the decisions and get behind him, he ain't doing too bad so far.

Looking at Lavery in the second half today, he was keen, made some nice runs but I thought his touch was lacking.

Whilst we've got the likes of Scougs, Done and Chapman fit to play alongside Billy, I don't think there is a huge rush to bring Lavery in, same with Clarke.

As mentioned before, Wilder seems to like his players 100% fit before starting them. So perhaps this is the main reason for holding him back.

Seemed to do Chapman no harm in holding back

There's no straightforward answer to that as it depends on too many things. His versatility means he'd get in the squad more often than not.
But the straight answer is that, in the striker department alone, he'd be behind Done, Lavery, Chapman and eventually Clarke on the bench.

UTB

Last edited:
But the straight answer is that he'd be behind Done, Lavery and Chapman and eventually Clarke on the bench.

UTB

At least one of them would be starting. Then there's form, injuries and every other consideration to bring into it, of which there are plenty.

Woah, nothing to do with me I was told it in the pub pre match. It's not like I regularly spread rumours on this forum, find me one.
Could be total bollocks but something's up.
I agree. Becoming increasingly apparent something is indeed up.

The most likely of which is that Wilder has had more than enough time to realise he ain't that good. Possibly !

UTB

...he was injured (again) just a few short weeks ago want he? ( ffs!)

At least one of them would be starting. Then there's form, injuries and every other consideration to bring into it, of which there are plenty.
There's a bigger consideration, and that's that he'd looked utterly woeful in every appearance he made for us.

If he became good enough, his time would come. But that penny dropping at the club, as with Louis Reed, as with George Long (where have all their supporters gone now?) is what sets us apart now for the previous decade of failure.

Credit to Wilder.

UTB

Last edited:
There's a bigger consideration, and that's that he'd looked utterly woeful in every appearance he made for us.

If he became good enough, his time would come. But that penny dropping at the club, as with Louis Reed, as with George Long (where have all their supporters gone now?) is what sets us apart now for the previous decade of failure.

Credit to Wilder.

UTB

I don't buy this 'never had a chance'. Any player who is truly good enough makes sure he gets a chance. Yes, the odd few "slip through the net" but it's a very small minority, and the best of them go on to demonstrate that elsewhere.

DCL got precisely the number of chances he deserved. Same goes for Little Louis.

On the counter argument perhaps starting Chapman was the better choice anyway, he's be waiting patiently on the bench as well and much longer than Lavery (due to his injury/lack of fitness early on).

He looked good when he came on but missed a chance he should bury. Movement was good, one or two bits of pointless yet fun showboating, chased well and looks quicker than Done, but won't be taking anyone's spot in the starting eleven based on today alone.

What's the rush though? Scougall on the score sheet again, Chapman nets a hat trick, league starting strikers doing well, Clarke supposed to be aiming for fitness for next weekend, and we're in great form with no real pressure to mix things up. He missed pre-season and I thought I'd heard he'd tweaked ankle ligaments or something a few weeks back.

There's no reason to put him in the side before he's ready (especially considering how much work we expect our strikers to put in) and it's going to be a long season with plenty of opportunities for him.

Back
Top Bottom