Last Year of Contract

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

robbiez666

Reaction score
So, at the beginning of the 2021/22 season we'll have a number of players with one year left on their contract. I assume we'll have to make a decision of whether to sell or offer new contracts on a fair few. Others may retire. Here's the list below and their age at the start of the 22/23 season.

Baldock - 29
Basham - 34
Robinson - 28
Osborn - 28
McGoldrick - 34
Sharp - 36
Mousset - 26
Freeman - 30

We will probably already have lost the following die to their contract expiring this summer:

Moore
Eastwood
Jags
Bryan
Lundstram
Rodwell
Slater
Smith

I think it's going to be an interesting summer and a lot of players to have to replace if we try and cash in.

So, at the beginning of the 2021/22 season we'll have a number of players with one year left on their contract. I assume we'll have to make a decision of whether to sell or offer new contracts on a fair few. Others may retire. Here's the list below and their age at the start of the 22/23 season.

Baldock - 29
Basham - 34
Robinson - 28
Osborn - 28
McGoldrick - 34
Sharp - 36
Mousset - 26
Freeman - 30

We will probably already have lost the following die to their contract expiring this summer:

Moore
Eastwood
Jags
Bryan
Lundstram
Rodwell
Slater
Smith

I think it's going to be an interesting summer and a lot of players to have to replace if we try and cash in.
Let us hope "interesting" is the word (in a wonderfully, positive, uplifting points on the board sense).

All those out of contract, let go. Regan probably needs to play games not be 6th choice in midfield.

Bryan, I'd like to know what the coaching staff think in terms of progress and how JOC is coming along. I wouldn't be against Bryan getting another year to see how he progressed with more football under his belt. He might flourish at that level. He can pass, he has pace, he's decent in the air but needs to improve positioning which he can gain through experience.

For those expiring the following year, I wouldn't be against extending Osborn's deal.

The older ones you can wait and see how the season progresses and make sure the legs haven't gone. Can play Basham, Billy, Didzy year by year.

Robinson, Mousset, Freeman, cash in if you can.

Going into 22/23 we will either be back in the Prem, in which case non are good enough as has been proved this year, or we are having our 2nd season in the Champ, in which case they have failed

Either way we need to move them on

Harsh on Bash, Billy & Jags, but we cant go into the 22/23 season with any of them near the first team on a regular basis
Would love to see space on the coaching side for those 3 if they want it, and are good enough (Bash as palyer coach ala Jags this season)

The rest on the list take or leave, nice to see Osborn get game time next season, and same with Mousse (if the new man can get a tune out of him)

But there can be no room for sentiment, the Prince took that road this season with CW and I think/hope he will have learned a lesson

There will always be a parting of the ways in football, and most times its not glorious, but for the good of the club we have to

The decision to be made now, is do we bring in someone who can follow through with CW team and tactics, refine it, get a plan B and keep the nucleus of the team

Or do we get a new broom sweeps clean manager, rip up the blueprint and go a fresh

Going into 22/23 we will either be back in the Prem, in which case non are good enough as has been proved this year, or we are having our 2nd season in the Champ, in which case they have failed

Either way we need to move them on

Harsh on Bash, Billy & Jags, but we cant go into the 22/23 season with any of them near the first team on a regular basis
Would love to see space on the coaching side for those 3 if they want it, and are good enough (Bash as palyer coach ala Jags this season)

The rest on the list take or leave, nice to see Osborn get game time next season, and same with Mousse (if the new man can get a tune out of him)

But there can be no room for sentiment, the Prince took that road this season with CW and I think/hope he will have learned a lesson

There will always be a parting of the ways in football, and most times its not glorious, but for the good of the club we have to

The decision to be made now, is do we bring in someone who can follow through with CW team and tactics, refine it, get a plan B and keep the nucleus of the team

Or do we get a new broom sweeps clean manager, rip up the blueprint and go a fresh
Got to be Clean sweep with the biggest broom available. Just looking at the above list you can see why we are: where we are. Too many looking through rose tinted glasses." Look where these players got us in 4 years"; but 4 years is too long in football you have to keep evolving and sorry but sticking with the tried and tested does not work in the premier league and no way will it get us anywhere in the Championship. Clean sweep definitely needed especially the over 30s. (Unfortunately).

Sell:

Mousset
McBurnie (if Wolves interest for 15m is genuine)
Berge (if we can get 25m+)
Burke (likely a loan somewhere)
Freeman

Release:

Rodwell
Jagielka (coaching role)
Sharp (coaching role)
Robinson
Moore
Eastwood
Lundstram
Slater
Smith

Give another year to:

Bryan
Osborn

Build the new look team around:

Ramsdale
Brewster
Norrington-Davies
Jack O'Connell

Sell:

Mousset
McBurnie (if Wolves interest for 15m is genuine)
Berge (if we can get 25m+)
Burke (likely a loan somewhere)
Freeman

Release:

Rodwell
Jagielka (coaching role)
Sharp (coaching role)
Robinson
Moore
Eastwood
Lundstram
Slater
Smith

Give another year to:

Bryan
Osborn

Build the new look team around:

Ramsdale
Brewster
Norrington-Davies
Jack O'Connell

What do we do with Bogle?

What do we do with Bogle?

He's under contract, so he would be obviously one we keep, him and Baldock being the RB/RWB depending on what system we play next year.

Hopefully we have our trusted reargaurd back next season, and with new cover from RND, Gordon, and we look to keep Bryan.
I'd personally play Bogle instead of Lundstrum in midfield for rest of the season, just because I want Lunny out of the team! I'm sure he can play there, we've nothing left to lose.

Billy will still score goals next season in the Championship.
Really don't understand the urgency to bin him off or retire him to a coaching role. Given what I have seen of this season's Championship, he'll have field day in front of goal if we pair him with the right partner and can get the ball in the area. He might be done at Prem level, but so are we!
UTB

Billy will still score goals next season in the Championship.
Really don't understand the urgency to bin him off or retire him to a coaching role. Given what I have seen of this season's Championship, he'll have field day in front of goal if we pair him with the right partner and can get the ball in the area. He might be done at Prem level, but so are we!
UTB
Totally agree. Billy and the Kid will be our top scorers next year.

Hopefully we have our trusted reargaurd back next season, and with new cover from RND, Gordon, and we look to keep Bryan.
I'd personally play Bogle instead of Lundstrum in midfield for rest of the season, just because I want Lunny out of the team! I'm sure he can play there, we've nothing left to lose.

I think RND will be more than cover, I would hope he's first team material. Edna, is IMO past is now, his performances this season have shown that.

Gordon is being looked at by Liverpool, ManUre and Weeds, I'd be surprised if he's here next season.

I would look to keep Bryan for another season, i think he's developed well and will provide excellent cover for JOC (if we can keep hold) and LWB.

Not convinced about Bogle in the middle, I'd rather see Brunt in there personally.

Offer new contracts to:

Wes
Robinson
Norwood
Osborn
McBurnie (if he's not in prison)

Maybe:

O'Connell (if he's fit)
Coulibaly (if he's good)

Give Sharp a coaching role if he's happy with that, or maybe a player/coach role so he can fill in if we're desperate.

Wes - renew
Amissah - renew and loan out
Stevens - thank you and goodbye
O'Connell - depends entirely on fitness
Robinson - 1 year if we're in the Championship
Fleck - thank you and goodbye
Norwood - renew
Couilbaly - depends on next 6 months. Almost certainly has a year's option
Osborn - thank you and goodbye
McBurnie - renew
Sharp - thank you and goodbye

Wes - renew
Amissah - renew and loan out
Stevens - thank you and goodbye
O'Connell - depends entirely on fitness
Robinson - 1 year if we're in the Championship
Fleck - thank you and goodbye
Norwood - renew
Couilbaly - depends on next 6 months. Almost certainly has a year's option
Osborn - thank you and goodbye
McBurnie - renew
Sharp - thank you and goodbye
Spot on

Back
Top Bottom