Last Prolific Goal Scorer

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

munksyb

Reaction score
I know we still have Billy, but although he is our top goalscorer, I wouldn't call him prolific anymore.
So I would suggest Brian Dean.
We canot keep rolling Brewster / Didzy / McBurnie / Burke out as our goalscoring threat
Ndiaye is hopefully the future, and I'd love MGW to stay
But in all honesty
sell Brewster / McBurnie / Burke / Berge for whatever we can get for them, put it all together & buy at least 1 quality known goalscorer, and 1 more if there is enough left over.
We didn't score many goals under Wilder in the Premier league, and we seem to be struggling now in the league below.

Yep, Ched Evans was unbelievable that season.

James Beattie in his first season, was the only striker I'd seen where I was convinced every match that he would score. He could score with his left, his right, tap ins, free kicks, headers, volleys, penalties. He was the complete striker and a revelation in a disappointing season.

He’s less prolific now but Bill scored 87 league goals in 4 seasons between 2016 and 2019. I’d guess the last we had with that return over a longer period was Keith Edwards or Brian Deane.

Barry Hayles.
Wayne Allison.
Iffy Onuora.
Daniel Bogdanovich.
Oli McBurnie.
Rhian Brewster.
Craig Beattie.
Conor Sammon.
Geoff Horsfield.
Adi Akinbiyi.
Ashley Ward.
Luke Beckett.
Danny Cadamateri.

Sorry, my mistake, I thought you said least prolific goal scorer.

Another question would be how often we have had one of the best strikers in the league we were playing in. Over the past 25 years I would say Ched Evans for the 2011/12 season and Billy Sharp in the League One 2015/16 and 2016/17 season.

Another question would be how often we have had one of the best strikers in the league we were playing in. Over the past 25 years I would say Ched Evans for the 2011/12 season and Billy Sharp in the League One 2015/16 and 2016/17 season.
I’d probably add Beattie to that list in his first spell, he managed 22 goals in Robson’s awful season.

To be fair that's 1 in 5, which is a better than you'd expect given the ratio of strikers to players on the pitch.
True, although strikers tend to be fans favourites. If I can be bothered I will check at some point how we compare with other clubs!

I remember Katchouro winning it. Don't think he would have been my choice.
I think Nicky Marker is the most surprising winner, I guess we sold our best players that season in January!

I think Nicky Marker is the most surprising winner, I guess we sold our best players that season in January!
I remember being surprised when Mike Trusson won it in the Div 4 season when Keith Edwards scored 35 goals for us, though he did start the season (and score against us) for Hull.

Didn't Leon Clarke finish top scorer in our first season back in the Championship?

Strikers develop into prolific goal scorers in my opinion, with regular games in the right team and environment.

Brewster for me is the one who is fit, has real ability and has the right attitude to be successful. Very much looking forward to seeing how Jebbinson develops too.

It didn’t happen for Billy in his first spell, Ched took a couple of seasons before his outstanding one.
Not many were that bothered about Calvert Lewin or Che Adams and sticking around at the time, and they’re obviously having very good careers in the premier league.

Would be yet another huge mistake for our club to let Brewster leave in my opinion.

I know we still have Billy, but although he is our top goalscorer, I wouldn't call him prolific anymore.
So I would suggest Brian Dean.
We canot keep rolling Brewster / Didzy / McBurnie / Burke out as our goalscoring threat
Ndiaye is hopefully the future, and I'd love MGW to stay
But in all honesty
sell Brewster / McBurnie / Burke / Berge for whatever we can get for them, put it all together & buy at least 1 quality known goalscorer, and 1 more if there is enough left over.
We didn't score many goals under Wilder in the Premier league, and we seem to be struggling now in the league below.
Jebbo is the future surely!?

We need to go all out to buy MGW and play Ndiaye/Brewster/Jebbo/Mcburnie up top(in any pairing!).

Going back a bit further, Marcus Bent looked like he could have been, before we sold him.

See also, Marcelo (though he was getting ‘old’).

Back
Top Bottom