Last / Most memorable Hat-rick for SUFC?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Didnt Michael Bridges get a hat-trick against us for Sunderland at the lane ? It was either him or Phillips ,they could have had 10 ,a long with Naill Quinn the were a brilliant attacking team.

Didnt Michael Bridges get a hat-trick against us for Sunderland at the lane ? It was either him or Phillips ,they could have had 10 ,a long with Naill Quinn the were a brilliant attacking team.

No, I think they got 2 each. They demolished us 4-0.

I think the only 3 hattricks at the Lane for visiting teams in the last 30 years are:

1. Gary Lund in Grimsby's 3-2 win in September 1984

2. Jimmy Quinn in Blackburns 3-1 win in May 1985

3. Peter Whittingham in Cardiff's 4-3 win in the 2009/10 season

In the Chester game didn't Deane and Agana not only score hat tricks in the same game but also back to back? ie one of them scored the first three goals and then the other scored the next three? That must be pretty unique.

Favourite for me was Nuddy's in the crazy Cardiff match. All in the second half, two penalties and a crazy strike from about 30 yards. Pure unadultered madness.

Yes, Deanes were all in the first half and Agana's all in the second.

The oddest thing about Nuddy's hattrick game was that it finished 5-3 but had been 0-0 at half time!

No, I think they got 2 each. They demolished us 4-0.

I think the only 3 hattricks at the Lane for visiting teams in the last 30 years are:

1. Gary Lund in Grimsby's 3-2 win in September 1984

2. Jimmy Quinn in Blackburns 3-1 win in May 1985

3. Peter Whittingham in Cardiff's 4-3 win in the 2009/10 season
Did tubby Micky Quinn get one against us for Coventry one boxing day, might have been 91?

No. We lost 3-0 but he didn't get 3.
I remember us getting a tonking, we were in quite a good patch of form but that was a shocking display. Might have got my years mixed up with Quinn, as he didn't join Coventry until 92. I think he scored against us the following season at the Lane.

mitch ward v blackburn in the fa cup q/f.

not strictly a hatrick but he had the ball in the net 3 times.

I'm 60% sure I saw Petr Katchouro's hat trick, was it at home against Bury? Steve Bruce had a barny with Warnock on the touchline that game. I think they also had Mark Patterson

14/11/98. We were 1-0 down at HT and ended up winning 3-1
I seem to remember that Dean Saunders grabbed hold of the ball at the end of the game and Katchuro went to get it off him. He wouldn't give it him, just winding him up and kicked it towards the Kop.
Katchuro got a great ovation when he came to fetch it.

I believe Wes Hoolahan was the last player to score a hat-trick against us around Christmas 2010 when we were getting battered every week. Quinn got sent off in the last minute.

I believe Wes Hoolahan was the last player to score a hat-trick against us around Christmas 2010 when we were getting battered every week. Quinn got sent off in the last minute.
What about that Stevenage player Dani Lopez in March 2013?

Not sure I can remember a hat trick recently from us.

The full list since 1966 (as far as my memory goes)

1/2/69 John Tudor v Bury H
7/10/69 Gil Reece V Portsmouth H
30/9/70 Alan Woodward v Portsmouth A
27/11/71 Alan Woodward v Ipswich H (4)
29/2/72 Bill Dearden v West Ham H
22/12/73 Alan Woodward v Southampton H
16/3/82 Keith Edwards v Northampton H
23/10/82 Colin Morris v Exeter A
26/10/82 Keith Edwards v Grimbsy H (LC)
14/12/82 Alan Young v Boston H (FAC)
19/11/83 Keith Edwards v Wrexham A (FAC) (4)
26/11/83 Keith Edwards v Southend H
31/12/83 Colin Morris v Bolton H
2/11/85 Keith Edwards v Hull H
17/9/88 Brian Deane v Chester H
17/9/88 Tony Agana v Chester H
6/5/89 Tony Agana v Swansea H
12/1/93 Brian Deane v Burnley A (FAC)
16/1/93 Brian Deane v Ipswich H
20/9/94 Dane Whitehouse v Stockport A (LC)
22/2/97 Jan Fjortoft v Grimsby H
21/10/97 Jan Fjortoft v Stockport H
19/2/00 Marcus Bent v WBA H
22/8/00 Marcus Bent v Lincoln H (LC)
19/10/02 Carl Asaba v Brighton A
20/9/03 Peter Ndlovu v Cardiff H
10/1/04 Paul Peschislido v Gillingham A
5/4/08 James Beattie v Leicester H
16/8/08 Billy Sharp v QPR H
28/11/09 Darius Henderson v Bristol City A
28/3/12 Ched Evans v Chesterfield H

Help me out here D. You've got Bill Dearden scoring a hat trick on 29 February 1972 which was a Tuesday. I was at that match and from recollection it was played at 12 noon on a Wednesday, but I thought it was 1974. I thought the reason for the weird fixture day and time was due to the three day week.

Help I'm confused.com

I'm pretty sure Alan Young got his hat-trick against everyones favourite Blades manager who was in goal that day! :)

....and the Edwards one against Northampton, I remember it absolutely pissed it down all night. Probably not get played nowadays, sure it finished 7-3! Darren?
if it is the right game then yes and ten goals in a game is the most I have ever seen scored.

Autumn 1998.
It was Bridges.
Bruce was our player manager he substituted himself near the end.

Bridges scored 2, not a hattrick. Niall Quinn scored 2 as well.

I think the last 3 hattricks by a visiting player at the Lane are:

Peter Whittingham in Cardiff's 4-3 win in 2009-10
Jimmy Quinn in Blackburn's 3-1 win in 1984-5
Gary Lund in Grimsby's 3-2 win in 1984-5

In saying this I may be forgetting someone who has done this in the last 6 League One seasons. There were so many depressing home results prior to this year it's easy to miss these things...

Last edited:
To join in with the old thread, the Henderson one away at Bristol City is my most memorable. I popped to the toilet in the first half and managed to miss two Henderson goals within a minute or so. City then equalised in the last minute which pissed me right off so I left and didn't stay till the final whistle. Heard a big cheer while walking through the car park and dashed back to find out we'd won it.

So the fact I was there for the match but missed all three of his goals, makes Hendo's my most memorable!

To join in with the old thread, the Henderson one away at Bristol City is my most memorable. I popped to the toilet in the first half and managed to miss two Henderson goals within a minute or so. City then equalised in the last minute which pissed me right off so I left and didn't stay till the final whistle. Heard a big cheer while walking through the car park and dashed back to find out we'd won it.

So the fact I was there for the match but missed all three of his goals, makes Hendo's my most memorable!
Anyone who goes to the bog, or departs, during play, gets all he deserves, as well as deserving all he gets. ⚽ ⚽ ⚽

Back
Top Bottom