Lankshear to spurs for 2.5m.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We should have held out for ÂŁ20m. Always selling assets on the cheap, Prince out.

Hopefully the money will be used to further improve the academy facilities and get more young future first teamers through!!

Interesting that we have received monies up front then performance related stage payments and finally a sell on clause.
to say that the guy supported Spurs ( mind they all seem to say that ) his Dad was adamant he should move and he was in the last year of his contract, which would have resulted in him going on a very small fee to another, possibly the same club, we have done very well

Couldn't see this mentioned anywhere. 🤔

The only issue I have is that we should have got more for him.
EPL clubs like Spurs pay stupid money for lads like Lankshear and ÂŁ2.5m seems in the low side for talent like him.

Remember when they nicked the two Kyles off us?

Never did get the pre-season friendly!

The only issue I have is that we should have got more for him.
EPL clubs like Spurs pay stupid money for lads like Lankshear and ÂŁ2.5m seems in the low side for talent like him.

Remember when they nicked the two Kyles off us?

Never did get the pre-season friendly!
Only skim read but isn't this his first pro contract? It would be alot less if it had gone the route of that compensation system for youth players especially since we have only had him for a couple of years.

Bit of a one off but the fact someone on the team identified his talent and we got him in is encouraging , hope there a few more discarded talents in the pipeline …

Interesting that we have received monies up front then performance related stage payments and finally a sell on clause.
to say that the guy supported Spurs ( mind they all seem to say that ) his Dad was adamant he should move and he was in the last year of his contract, which would have resulted in him going on a very small fee to another, possibly the same club, we have done very well

Started at Arsenal as a Spurs fan (maybe got rejected by them at a young age) and relased by Arsenal before we picked him up, done really well in our u18s/u23s and now Spurs have finally signed him, can't begrudge him of leaving, and 2m for a player nowhere near our first team is a good deal for us.

Quick update on this kid, I’d forgot all about him but as I saw he was named in the England youth setup I decided to have a quick Google.
This season in the EFL trophy he’s played 3 games scoring twice and assisting once. Not a bad effort considering it’s spurs u21’s against “proper men”

In the youth league he’s played 7 scoring 6 goals and assisting 1…

Keep your eyes out

I've said this before in various threads, Lankshear is the real deal and was the jewel in the crown of our Academy. Would have been in around the first team squad this season and first choice striker next season. That was the plan for him. He would probably be in around Spurs' first team squad now if it wasn't for the bad injury he picked up towards the end of last year.

Let's hope he's the next Kane and goes to Real Madrid for 100m with a 50% sell on to us.

Let's hope he's the next Kane and goes to Real Madrid for 100m with a 50% sell on to us.
Or comes home! God knows we need all the help we can get!

Is he rated highly like Scarlett? Think they're same age and DS is doing nothing at Ipswich.

He's Clinton Baptiste's nephew. Genuinely, not a gag this.

Back
Top Bottom