Lane rated no1 for experience

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Yep , service must be shit everywhere else, and choice! Not blaming the working staff behind the pumps etc, you can only work with what you have got!

Yep , service must be shit everywhere else, and choice! Not blaming the working staff behind the pumps etc, you can only work with what you have got!
Have you seen the staff behind the pumps at work?

I think there must be an IQ test, with anyone scoring over 50 being considered overqualified.

Ive not been to the dark side since boxing day so i cant comment on there service but f**k me but if ours is no1 and there 40th is it just put in troughs for them

Of course, some are quicker than others, but that's the same everywhere
Honestly, it doesn't seem to be the same everywhere (to me). I'm stunned at how gormless so many of them look and act. To be fair, I suspect for quite a few English isn't their main language. But the speed and gumption is frighteningly low. I don't notice that at most away grounds.

Honestly, it doesn't seem to be the same everywhere (to me). I'm stunned at how gormless so many of them look and act. To be fair, I suspect for quite a few English isn't their main language. But the speed and gumption is frighteningly low. I don't notice that at most away grounds.
It’s about processes and training. For some reason there are always two people at the counter for each queue, one person goes off to find the food and drink, leaving another one sort of hovering, but they don’t take payment immediately. They could do it as a relay:
Person takes my order and payment, then when they go to get my stuff, I move to the side and person two takes the next person’s order, and on it goes.
As most are kids, I suspect there isn’t a language barrier. I’ve certainly had no such issues on family stand, but the process is broken.

I was talking to a mate’s lad last night who’s at Sheffield Uni. He works on the pumps at both BDTBL and the Sty. His takes
1. Most of the people he works with have no idea how to pull a pint (no shock there)
2. The Lane may have it’s issue but and I quote “fuck me organisation at Wednesday is terrible and both the fans and the supervisors are weird fuckers all of whom seem to only have six teeth “

And before any of our closet visitors (you know who you are) say typical blades bollocks the lad is from Macclesfield, supports Manchester United and his favourite uncle is a Wednesdayite

Have you seen the staff behind the pumps at work?

I think there must be an IQ test, with anyone scoring over 50 being considered overqualified.

Lack of training rather than IQ l’d guess.

Doubt Compass spend any time telling them how to deal with belligerent gobshites who can’t go 90 minutes without a pint of overpriced shite beer.

Doubt Compass spend any time telling them how to deal with belligerent gobshites who can’t go 90 minutes without a pint of overpriced shite beer.
Good point - I'd accept that the average IQ of the customer is only single digits above. Either way. I think there's an issue, if the problem is pulling pints / serving pies in a timely manner :)

But you get what you pay for.

Good point - I'd accept that the average IQ of the customer is only single digits above. Either way. I think there's an issue, if the problem is pulling pints / serving pies in a timely manner :)

This season I have been pleasantly surprised by the service. Must have improved because the three blokes on the end of my row who used to come back from the bar 3 minutes after our end had sat down following kick off and then wanted us to shift to get to their seats, are back with a minute to go to kick off. Fucking result.

Plus, turnover of staff will be huge. Do you want a casual job 2 hours every other week? Doesn't get you an experienced fast bartender.

You get what you pay for. Indeed. But I get a portion of chips for cheaper in a chippy. I get a better burger outside for cheaper. I'd argue greggs sausage rolls are better. And I get multiple for cheaper. Let's be reyt, improvements could be made across the board with little to no monetary input. Simply, a days training for anyone working the Saturday.

If I'm getting what I pay for, I should be getting better.

A pint? A pint?
Don’t get me started about those cardboard cups again.....never more than two thirds in mine beneath the foam, and that’s after I’ve asked them to top it up twice.

A pint? A pint?
Don’t get me started about those cardboard cups again.....never more than two thirds in mine beneath the foam, and that’s after I’ve asked them to top it up twice.

I brought that up after the first game. I’m guessing they don’t hold a pint either.

I brought that up after the first game. I’m guessing they don’t hold a pint either.
The cardboard cups are a good example of how to make life doubly difficult for the serving staff, while at the same time disappointing the customer. Two minutes of thought on the part of the catering company should have identified it as an entirely stupid idea. Those who wish to point a finger at the serving staff might think to look elsewhere.

You get what you pay for. Indeed. But I get a portion of chips for cheaper in a chippy. I get a better burger outside for cheaper. I'd argue greggs sausage rolls are better. And I get multiple for cheaper. Let's be reyt, improvements could be made across the board with little to no monetary input. Simply, a days training for anyone working the Saturday.

If I'm getting what I pay for, I should be getting better.
I really meant that I'm sure the labour is minimum wage, 3 hours a week. I doubt it's appealing to Cambridge graduates. :)

Separately, the £ value for the product is shocking, agreed.

A pint? A pint?

Completely unfit for purpose since neither the server nor the customer can determine what percentage of the contents is beer and what is foam .

Could be something Trading Standards might want to have a look at if invited to do so ……..

The cardboard cups are a good example of how to make life doubly difficult for the serving staff, while at the same time disappointing the customer. Two minutes of thought on the part of the catering company should have identified it as an entirely stupid idea. Those who wish to point a finger at the serving staff might think to look elsewhere.

Life experience for the youngsters though it has to be said. If only one from every intake could become an internet lawyer, doctor or finance guru, that’s got to be a plus for the world……

I really meant that I'm sure the labour is minimum wage, 3 hours a week. I doubt it's appealing to Cambridge graduates. :)

Separately, the £ value for the product is shocking, agreed.

Daughter and SIL both helped to fund their Uni education working for Compass at the Lane.

SIL became a team leader on one of the bars and got £80 for about 10 hours work. This was significantly higher than the hourly rate for the rest of the staff.
Compass offered nothing. Pathetic wages, minimal training and clipping the odd half hour off here and there for no good reason. Shit business model that deserves to fail.

Hard row to hoe!

GP eh. Probably pisses more people off now than when he worked at the Lane.

He's a lovely lad but tells it like it is. His practice covers an strange area of inner city deprivation and the well heeled worried well. I think he does alright, given my daughter helped with the 'how to deal with difficult people' bit.

Back
Top Bottom