Incoming? Kyle Walker

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Doesn’t look like he’s got his career head on when he says that, it just looks like sentimentality, he’s recently signed a contract extension at Citeh that takes him to summer 2024 when he’ll be 34. Unless he walks away from that it doesn’t look likely, unless he expects us to be back in league one. (Shudder)

It’s a pity because I’ve no doubt he loves the Blades and he’s consistently said this, probably underlined that unlike Maguire who played 100+ games for us, he left us too soon and on some level he regrets it.

GERRIMMMINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Seriously, imagine KW at RWB in a couple of years - still plenty good enough (if we are still in the prem that is)

I've just used Google Translate to clear this up for Kyle speak to English

Soon = January 2020 :p

Don’t know about player/coach. I had hoped we could get Duffy to do that, but he’s probably ideal to for running the community side of the club if he’s genuine about giving something back.

Doesn’t look like he’s got his career head on when he says that, it just looks like sentimentality, he’s recently signed a contract extension at Citeh that takes him to summer 2024 when he’ll be 34. Unless he walks away from that it doesn’t look likely, unless he expects us to be back in league one. (Shudder)

It’s a pity because I’ve no doubt he loves the Blades and he’s consistently said this, probably underlined that unlike Maguire who played 100+ games for us, he left us too soon and on some level he regrets it.

Or the Blades cement their Premiership status over the next few years and buy him from Man City in 2022 he will only be 32.

I see it as a come and get me signal in 2022 😁, just the little matter of staying in the Premiership.

City will be looking to upgrade on him within the next 2 years. So you never know. Depends how much money he's willing to sacrifice.

City will be looking to upgrade on him within the next 2 years. So you never know. Depends how much money he's willing to sacrifice.
This. If we stay up for 2/3 seasons I would not be surprised if we saw him back in the red n white sooner rather than later... Maybe on a part wages deal or loan

Or what our status is, we could be regular European front runners by then.

His place will be seriously under threat now from Joao Cancelo, terrific full back.

If we stay up this year and he doesn’t feature much for them this suddenly becomes realistic.

He's still got the skills (as seen by his goal line clearance in the community shield)

Maybe in 3 years time once he's early 30s.

We could convert him to a DM if he isn't as mobile.

Man city just signed joao cancelo who might even be first choice at citeh this season so that will speed up walker leaving

No we wouldn’t, but we probably wouldn’t need to pay that.

The only option in that case would be a loan where his wages were heavily subsidised by City, as I doubt he’s willing to take a pay cut.

Why would they want rid anyway? They like to have a squad with at least two world class players in every position.

The only scenario where I can see him coming back is similar to Jagielka.

No way City let him go on loan when they will be fighting to win 4 trophies every season for the next how many years? You need a deep squad at the top of the premiership and he will be an integral part of it until his legs go.

The only option in that case would be a loan where his wages were heavily subsidised by City, as I doubt he’s willing to take a pay cut.

Why would they want rid anyway? They like to have a squad with at least two world class players in every position.

The only scenario where I can see him coming back is similar to Jagielka.
As I said earlier only way it would be likely is if he wasn’t even getting a sniff. He may be willing to take some percentage of a cut. Pure guesswork at this stage, will have to see where we both are in a years time.

WILDER WOULD WELCOME WALKER BACK
Sheffield United
boss Chris Wilder says the door is always open for Kyle Walker to return to the club when he eventually leaves Manchester City.

Sounds like a plea to me.
👀
If you watch the press conference on the app or website (its about 35 mins in duration), Wilder is asked which player he would take and he immediately said Kyle Walker. One of the journalists then piped up and said well you're looking for defensive cover.

Wilder then gave a very glowing report on Walker and how much of a decent lad he is, before then talking about other city players, De Brune and Guardiola.

He then comes back onto Walker much later in the press conference and again talks about his qualities both as a footballer and a person.

I'm not sure it was as much a plea it was all very light hearted, but Wilder is clearly a big admirer of Walker and he finished by saying that his wages might be an issue and also that Kyle has his number so he can call him when he's ready.

Wilder said it as it is, that the door is open for him

I guess it will either happen summer 2021 if its going to happen, but Walkers contract is apparently £150k a week and it doesn't expire until 2024

If you watch the press conference on the app or website (its about 35 mins in duration), Wilder is asked which player he would take and he immediately said Kyle Walker. One of the journalists then piped up and said well you're looking for defensive cover.

Wilder then gave a very glowing report on Walker and how much of a decent lad he is, before then talking about other city players, De Brune and Guardiola.

He then comes back onto Walker much later in the press conference and again talks about his qualities both as a footballer and a person.

I'm not sure it was as much a plea it was all very light hearted, but Wilder is clearly a big admirer of Walker and he finished by saying that his wages might be an issue and also that Kyle has his number so he can call him when he's ready.

Wilder said it as it is, that the door is open for him

I guess it will either happen summer 2021 if its going to happen, but Walkers contract is apparently £150k a week and it doesn't expire until 2024

Arrrghhhh

If you listened to his interview, he was asked which man city player hed have and he said Walker, great lad, close to club, he would welcome him back.

Now all of a sudden hes a transfer target ffs
In fairness he was far more gushing than that.

Not saying it makes him a transfer target, but you can't deny that a lot of time was spent both talking about Walker and fielding questions on him

In fairness he was far more gushing than that.

Not saying it makes him a transfer target, but you can't deny that a lot of time was spent both talking about Walker and fielding questions on him
I know, but I wanted to be first responder 🤣

Back
Top Bottom