Knill gone….

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Best of luck to Knilly. He seemed to be the architect behind our system. From what you hear the players loved him too.

I do wonder if Wilder realises he’s made a rod for his own back with his final few months. Fulham, West Brom, Barnsley, Palace, Celtic, B’Mouth jobs have all come and gone.
Yes he could end up like Alan curbishley

Had to happen I spose. Contributed to the rise and the fall of the Blades but should be remembered for the good times.

GLTTL

Quietly got on with his business and has conducted himself with great professionalism.

Thanks Alan for all your service , some of the best times I have had been a blade , you will always be welcomed back to the Lane , circumstances were against you and Chris in every way , I personally don't think we will ever see the achievements that you both had with the club again !

I loved it when that player (cant remember who it was) was having a go at Wilder and he was just laughing. God bless you Alan Knill!

Alan Knill. I thank you.
You were a big part of a great period being a Blade.
👍

Inevitable really but still really sad.
A proper footballing man, and one of the best assistants during one of the best periods many of us will ever see!
Good luck going forward AK.

If true, and I suspect it is, then that’s the last of the band out of the door

Always thought he was the quiet genius behind the journey, Wilder was the ringmaster if front of the crowd, but Knill was the creative director going about his business behind the scenes

Also respect to him for the way he handled CWs exit, didn’t throw his teddy out

Always came across as a decent bloke, hope he ends up somewhere he doesn’t have to face us for a few years!

Thanks for the memories

Time moves on tho, new broom sweeps clean was never more needed

The futures under SJ now, UTB

Fucking wasted opportunity.

Thread title should have been, “Nil - Knill”

😉

I do wish him well and I did appreciate him because he did a great job..

But I can't fathom how he didnt take control of the first team when wilder left, he's a manager, and was the assistant at that time, why did we go with hecky?

Other than that tiny gripe GLTTL

Not too many seasons ago many wanted AK for our Manager.
A sad end to the best Blades era in my lifetime. Thanks for everything AK, especially the last 5 Glorious years!.
Good Luck and Best Wishes for the future (except if we ever play your new club!).

I do wish him well and I did appreciate him because he did a great job..

But I can't fathom how he didnt take control of the first team when wilder left, he's a manager, and was the assistant at that time, why did we go with hecky?

Other than that tiny gripe GLTTL

Yeah I was expecting Alan to take charge with the help of Paul. All very odd. I am sure we will find out more in the fulness of time.

Good luck to Knill and thanks for all the good times. 👍

I loved it when that player (cant remember who it was) was having a go at Wilder and he was just laughing. God bless you Alan Knill!

Was it the Rico pillock from Bournemouth who Wilder took umbrage at when he went down and screamed like he'd been sniped.

Was it the Rico pillock from Bournemouth who Wilder took umbrage at when he went down and screamed like he'd been sniped.

Surman. But may have been Rico in the same game, could hear him scream from my house.

GettyImages-1199627170.jpg

Best regards to Knilly. Very much the architect of our success, however it makes me wonder how, last season with the system so easily exposed because of the loss of JO'C and the replacements being so inferior and hampering any purchase on games, he never came up with a credible plan b even if it meant parking the bus.

If he hoovers in the platitudes for us getting where we were he should also get the shit for us being so damned shit last season. Sometimes you are the statue, sometimes the pigeon.

Hope he gets a shot at the manager's post now away from Wilder. Hope he has success.

pommpey
FFS 🤣🤣🤣

Best regards to Knilly. Very much the architect of our success, however it makes me wonder how, last season with the system so easily exposed because of the loss of JO'C and the replacements being so inferior and hampering any purchase on games, he never came up with a credible plan b even if it meant parking the bus.

If he hoovers in the platitudes for us getting where we were he should also get the shit for us being so damned shit last season. Sometimes you are the statue, sometimes the pigeon.

Hope he gets a shot at the manager's post now away from Wilder. Hope he has success.

pommpey
Agree that Knill was a huge part of the success. It does seem strange that both he and Wilder seemed to run out of ideas, perhaps they lost all confidence in themselves or as someone else quoted Wilder quite possibly stopped listening to AK in the end. We know that their relationship was based mostly on the professional side so maybe that soured as the SHTF. I wish Knill all the best and hope he does go back to management but doubt it. He had some very unfortunate jobs in the past at clubs who were in a huge mess. His time at Bury though showed he could not only be a success but playing football in the right way too. A very big asset for some club out there. I think he and Wilder will team up again somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom