K.Mac, Shaun Miller AND Girolamo

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I can't imagine what Everton were thinking starting Wayne Rooney at 16. and before you get your knickers in a twist, I am not comparing.. just saying he was unproven and around the same age. Your hero Wilson was starting to get him in the 1st team :) x
Beat me to it fella , was going to make this point , mate of my son is Forests under age keeper and he played very well when he played against scab friends scored a few If memory serves my right , if he's good enough he's old enough.Wtched Arsenal over the w-end and they brought on a 16 year old.

Beat me to it fella , was going to make this point , mate of my son is Forests under age keeper and he played very well when he played against scab friends scored a few If memory serves my right , if he's good enough he's old enough.Wtched Arsenal over the w-end and they brought on a 16 year old.

I think the point people are trying to make is that it's ridiculous to pin hope on him being the straight replacement for McDonald.

You could see Kyle Walker was gonna make it to a high level the moment he made his debut, however, Kyle Naughton was ahead of him at first as he'd matured better.

Take Jagielka for example. How many games did he play for us before he went to CB? He clearly wasn't ready for that role at that time and now he's probably 2nd or 3rd choice England CB

I think that there would be. There was plenty of chat around the 2 Kyles and Billy Sharp. There are always players that just stand out. At the moment the talent is still raw but there is more to him than just his name. I am sure that the Italian U-18 manager wasn't exactly impressed by his name;)

There was a lot of chat about David Frain for those who can remember.

I think de Girolamo will be back training next month. I saw him at Gosforth last month and someone posted in here (or BM) saying that de Girolamo was saying that he starts training in Sept

And he'll be starting training from scratch, so Xmas would be about right

There was a lot of chat about David Frain for those who can remember.

??...... Frain signed for us from Dronfield United (Norton Woodseats changed their name in a bid to attract fans from Dronfield but it wasnt a success and they reverted back to their original name before folding) in 1985-86 season when he was 23. Dont think he was in the SUFC youth team in the late 1970s early 1980s

I think the point people are trying to make is that it's ridiculous to pin hope on him being the straight replacement for McDonald.

You could see Kyle Walker was gonna make it to a high level the moment he made his debut, however, Kyle Naughton was ahead of him at first as he'd matured better.

Take Jagielka for example. How many games did he play for us before he went to CB? He clearly wasn't ready for that role at that time and now he's probably 2nd or 3rd choice England CB
I know what ya mean Matt , and would'nt heap that much pressure on the young un , just hope if he turns out half as good as people think ,and does'nt turn into a slew ,

He has electric pace so i am told.

Talk about taking crumbs from the table - Strewth!

To think you could have had:
  • Although he's not very current, some of his play is totally direct.
  • I've heard he has a suspect temperament - almost blew a fuse the other day
  • Not very useful in the air he is probably better on the ground and he's often the first one to get us a lead
  • He once had a great partnership with Maurice Volz
  • At one point in his career he was screwed but since then he has been moulded into shape

We've have no chance of signing him, it's be too much of a wrench for him to leave his current club.

Talk about taking crumbs from the table - Strewth!

To think you could have had:
  • Although he's not very current, some of his play is totally direct.
  • I've heard he has a suspect temperament - almost blew a fuse the other day
  • Not very useful in the air he is probably better on the ground and he's often the first one to get us a lead
  • He once had a great partnership with Maurice Volz
  • At one point in his career he was screwed but since then he has been moulded into shape

I make no apology, I gave you the name to work with, nuff said. Actually a player called Nuff Said would probably be a good one as well. Bet he talks a good game.

Back
Top Bottom