Just what is the point of VAR

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Just checked the stats and you are right about the big 6. VAR seems to be rather haphazard in who it favours. Man United along with Brighton top the list with +7 benefits from VAR. Meanwhile, we along with Wolves, West Ham and Norwich are on -5. I have no problem with that as long as VAR is used to arrive at the correct decision. The main problem that we have with it, (despite others) is that somehow the officials are still making incorrect decisions. For example Man Utd's penalty last night, the penalty that Spurs should have been awarded our Ghost goal vs Villa. I just can't understand how, with all the technology and a number of 'qualified' experts they are still getting clear decisions wrong. Just gives sad bitter twats like me the excuse to mistake incompetence for corruption. Maybe Howard Webb didn't favour Man United after all and was just a crap ref?

You will never be able to remove a fans bias, as is shown by the whole VAR situation.
Even though the stats prove that VAR has proven to be more beneficial to the bottom 6 from last season (12th-17th) than the 'Big 6', fans still believe VAR is 'corrupt'.

VAR needs work, there's no doubting that.
But arguing about it being corrupt is completely missing the points that need to be addressed.

I've said multiple times, but the referees are not even competent enough to be corrupt.

Back
Top Bottom