Jug earred hypocritical virtue signaller

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Exactly in the context of the game and the inumerable free kicks they were given for minimal ( if any ) contact then its a pen
I dont understand why people are saying it isnt
Me either. It’s not a front drop kick to the chest, but he’s rash, misses the ball and trips Baldock. It’s a penalty. Blame the player not VAR

Just like bad refereeing, it generally balances out. Christ it’s not like we’ve had it all our way with VAR is it?
I can't wait for MOTD panel to examine the other penalty shouts we had, the foul on Bogle given outside the box and the handball. I'll not hold my breath though.

I've not seen the trip from every angle, but it looks similar to the pen against us in the FA cup semi final. The defender panics, and instead of keeping his body between the player and the goal, decides to take a wild swing.

I think it was fairly soft. If the ref hadn't given it it wasn't getting overturned
If it was against us I’d be raging. But it wasn’t. I still hate VAR, I’d scrap it tomorrow. But tonight the footballing world can dissect the penalty as much as they want, I don’t give two shiny shites. We’ve deserved a ‘moment’ like that.

If it was against us I’d be raging. But it wasn’t. I still hate VAR, I’d scrap it tomorrow. But tonight the footballing world can dissect the penalty as much as they want, I don’t give two shiny shites. We’ve deserved a ‘moment’ like that.

Totally agree. At the time I thought it was stonewall so can see why it was given but slow it down and you can see why it might get overturned.

If its against us im angry at our player for making a rash challenge in the box as i have been several times this season including last week v arsenal

But as i say the ref was giving free kicks all game for very little contact so in the context of the game its a pen

Live by the sword

It's fine. They can talk about Newcastles goal instead now.

Although being ex-tottenham and no doubt having Shearer in, they'll swerve it pretty quickly

Today it wasn't VAR though.

The ref gave it and they stuck with his decision.

Don’t need this culture stuff on this forum. So many different points of view,we are Sheffield United supporters first,keep this culture stuff on X.

First. I don't mind Gary Lineker, and agree with him about some stuff.
Second. We outplayed Wolves, especially in the second half, in a way that Lineker and pundits far more twattish than him would say that we "deserved the run of the green" if it wasn't us.
Third. We won. Objective achieved!!

If the OP had any more chips on his shoulder he’d be sponsored by McCain.
I'd have bet a sizeable amount you'd have been one of the first to be triggered by this 😁

Tell us again about your memories of Bassett's teams as a toddler.

Your protest on hold for another week?

The defender kicked the attackers foot, he was nowhere near the ball and the attacker went down. Everywhere else in the pitch, the Wolves players were going down from a shirt pull, the threat of contact, or on occasion when they were ragging one of our players, realised we weren't going down so fell over and got the free kick. But rich hearing the soft cunts whining about a blatant foul costing them an undeserved point.

Ha fucking ha, I hope Lineker shit his pants he was so angry after all, he has a history of it so fuck off jug ears, you're wrong.

Anybody care what these fuck nuts think I can't belive you're still watching the arsehole, same with that silly cunt at sky sports..

Soft penalties awarded against us for years, nothing said, we get one they're asking mum to carry them back from the fucking shops with tears streaming down thier faces..

Can't beat em, join em, we should make VAR check every time there's contact in the box like the rest of the league does.

What do they want? Plucky Sheff Utd good honest team, whilst Newcastle players roll about screaming when somebody brushes past them, no we can't have United learning the tricks of the Premier league oh no...

(whilst I'm here, anybody spot the planned team talk at Arsenal last week mid game? )

Lineker has shit all over his footballing career by being a biased over opinionated windbag, he's changed his legacy from one of football hero to a bitter old man, only remembered for going on crusades for twitter likes..

Fuck off and cry us a river

I've got nothing against Lineker. Calls out government failings. Was a great striker for England. Good man.

I don't agree with him saying Baldock dived quite so plainly, seems unfair, considering the number of clearer dives that don't get called out.
It's not that big a deal though.

I was going too watch Match of the Day tonight.
I think I'll give it a miss.
If you had, you'd have seen Keown, Lineker and Murphy, all denying the ball was out for Newcastle' s goal [before the cross]..ball was obviously out of play, then a foul and an offside.
They all miraculously saw nothing wrong.
Contrast their views on Sheffield United penalty

TlLineker and Murphy about United, Murphy said 'two dives, 2 yellow cards' , in other words suggesting George dived. Anyone correct me if am wrong.Not one of our experts mentioned George getting up and carrying on .
Not sure if it's deliberate bias or what but the coverage is poor, very poor, and their 'analysis "is utterly rank.
I still am unsure is it a penalty or not though. .

If you had, you'd have seen Keown, Lineker and Murphy, all denying the ball was out for Newcastle' s goal [before the cross]..ball was obviously out of play, then a foul and an offside.
They all miraculously saw nothing wrong.
Contrast their views on Sheffield United penalty

TlLineker and Murphy about United, Murphy said 'two dives, 2 yellow cards' , in other words suggesting George dived. Anyone correct me if am wrong.Not one of our experts mentioned George getting up and carrying on .
Not sure if it's deliberate bias or what but the coverage is poor, very poor, and their 'analysis "is utterly rank.
I still am unsure is it a penalty or not though. .
Also, during the Newcastle v Arsenal game there was a terrible tackle by Havertz on Longstaff.

The whole MOTD team said it was just a yellow and not a straight red. I'd hate to think a player is allowed 2 of those types of tackle before he's dismissed.

Wasn't the rash, over the top, studs-up, potential career-ending tackle being regarded as a straight red now ? or is this, again, a directive that the officials (and VAR) are afraid to implement on the big clubs ?

Back
Top Bottom