Judas Priest - United

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Tim Brooke Taylor in spandex and leather trousers.

1568285496274.png
1568285517487.png

They've never been a band....

Suppose we could stick to :

"oh David McGoldrick"
"oh Callum Robinson"
"oh Oli McBurnie"
"Oh [insert any name]"

Because let's be fair, they're groundbreaking and original as fuck

You're having a laugh aren't you.

Our supporters sing some of the most varied and original songs around in recent years.

Just an opinion but the J Priest song is as much a derge as what you just posted....dreadful!!!

You're having a laugh aren't you.

Our supporters sing some of the most varied and original songs around in recent years.

Just an opinion but the J Priest song is as much a derge as what you just posted....dreadful!!!

The words in the Judas Priest song where it fades at the end that I listed in the OP fit nicely with us as a club IMO.

Defiance. Sticking together. We'll never stay down as we're in it together.

The words in the Judas Priest song where it fades at the end that I listed in the OP fit nicely with us as a club IMO.

Defiance. Sticking together. We'll never stay down as we're in it together.

Fair enough but it's still a shit derge.

The Judas Priest one is heavily connected with the BBC documentary in my mind. It was perfect for that. Timing wise it would be a bit of a hard one to start, and as alluded to above, we don’t generally seem to do slower songs these days. Even GCB has sped up a lot. The “ooh” gets earlier every year!

I miss the slower ones; I can’t help falling in love with you, we are bladesmen etc. I know they may occasionally come out, but they used to be huge epic anthems.

I’m interested in the post above about the “originality” of our recent songs. Am I wrong, but aren’t most of the recent songs taken from elsewhere? Right now off the top of my head, the Dowell one was great and original as far as I’m aware, and I loved the ridiculous “Lundstram/Tequila” one from one of the recent Shoreham View vlogs. I don’t really mind, though, and I agree we have a great variety of songs. It must be so depressing to support a “come on you _______s” team.

People do realise that the Judas Priest drummer on United was a convicted sex offender dont they? Just saying like as folks can be a bit touchy.

Last edited:
Great song. Love it in the build up.

And for those saying its got nowt to do with the blades should give the album a listen its all about the British steel and this particular song is about standing united during a strike and was actually released during the massive steel strike of 1980 which saw over 100,000 steelworkers go out on what was the largeta . It was a big deal in these parts. Can't think of a better song than a steel themed song about taking on the tories for Sheffield's Blades...

Suppose we could stick to :

"oh David McGoldrick"
"oh Callum Robinson"
"oh Oli McBurnie"
"Oh [insert any name]"

Because let's be fair, they're groundbreaking and original as fuck
“Oh Matty Bianco”

You start it Saturday and al join in!!

Tim Brooke Taylor in spandex and leather trousers.

View attachment 61214
View attachment 61215

They've never been a band....

Will only consider if Knill wears this ☝

But seriously, this shouldn't even be something we need to consider. There must be something more anthemic that has a more obvious emotional connection. We're Blades after all, we deserve something that will lift the roof off.

Because it's not:

"Yer-ni-ted, yer-ni-ted, yer-ni-ted wi stand"

It's "You-ni-ded, you-ni-ded, you-ni-ded we staaand"

Rob Halford and Judas Priest. Not the most 'Sheffield' of bands.

I did manage to get hold of the machine head end of the neck of KK Downing's Gibson Flying V when he smashed it up and threw it into the audience at the Sheffield City Hall in 1978.

pommpey

Back
Top Bottom