Joshua's Sponsored Walk For Parkinson's UK

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Reaction score
Morning Bladesmen,

My young son has decided he wants to raise some money for charity by doing a sponsored walk from his home in Meadowhead, S8 to BDTBL for our final league match of the season on 27th April.

His target is to raise £100 for Parkinson's UK, which is a charity close to our family's heart as his Great Grandma (my Grandma) has suffered from this condition for the past 10 years. He is only 6 years old (although will be 7 when he does the walk) so you can imagine how proud we are of him for coming up with the idea off his own back :)

(Some of you might recall his Grandad's "Wobbly Walk" from John O'Groats to Lands End a couple of years ago, which many of you supported and helped him raise over £10,000 for The South Yorkshire Multiple Sclerosis Therapy Centre)

If you would like to support Joshua, then any donations to his JustGiving page would be gratefully received :D

https://www.justgiving.com/joshuapalmerwalk

Morning Bladesmen,

My young son has decided he wants to raise some money for charity by doing a sponsored walk from his home in Meadowhead, S8 to BDTBL for our final league match of the season on 27th April.

His target is to raise £100 for Parkinson's UK, which is a charity close to our family's heart as his Great Grandma (my Grandma) has suffered from this condition for the past 10 years. He is only 6 years old (although will be 7 when he does the walk) so you can imagine how proud we are of him for coming up with the idea off his own back :)

(Some of you might recall his Grandad's "Wobbly Walk" from John O'Groats to Lands End a couple of years ago, which many of you supported and helped him raise over £10,000 for The South Yorkshire Multiple Sclerosis Therapy Centre)

If you would like to support Joshua, then any donations to his JustGiving page would be gratefully received :D

Great idea young man well done, donated.

Thank you so much to everyone who has donated so far!

The JustGiving page has been live for less than 48 hours and Joshua has already raised over £200 - including a donation from none other than a certain Mr J Egan!

The way this is going he could hit 4 figures by the 27th April!!

Just tried to add a few bob but getting an error - Please select a communication preference. - even thought i filled one of the radio buttons?????

Just short of £750 raised (target £100).

One of our star players made a generous donation and it would be good to make it £1000 before the weekend.

To see who it was look on just giving!

Done, but the transfer from Andromeda 3 make be while, stuck to the back of simmo's pen kick on it's way back to earth. Well done Joshua and good luck. Let's hope we are all smiling some more come 19:05 on Satdi

Thank you again everyone!

He's now approaching £1200 - which more than compensates for the crap weather forecast right over his walk tomorrow!

Hopefully he'll get chance to thank you all at half time (if he's not too shy!)
From the Sounds of it AWSH if he has had the courage to do the walk and with hopefully 30,000+ blades giving a massive cheer at HT, then he can be a very proud young man and Blade, just hope the weathers not too bad.

It’s a blummin miserable day.

For reference, the Woodseats Palace, Tramshed and White Lion all definitely allow kids in... should you need to break the journey up to dry out a little ;)

On behalf of Joshua, myself, my family and Parkinson's UK I woild like to say a final, heartfelt thank you to everyone who donated through his JustGiving page over the past few weeks, and to everyone who approached him today and put money in his tin (and those who high-fived him as he made his way around the pitch after his half time chat with Gary Sinclair!)

His total now stands at an amazing £1,517!

His Great Grandma was waiting at The Lane to greet him when he arrived. She is certainly a very proud lady :)

IMG_20190427_153000.jpg IMG_20190427_170359.jpg

Morning Bladesmen,

Done, good luck tomorrow young man.

Back
Top Bottom