John Terry Rising In The Media Forecasts

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Look if we get John Terry as manager that's a gateway for Ched Evans being our manager one day ;)

For me there is only one candidate (of those that we have been linked with) and that is Jokanovic
Weird, I can't think of a single thing in his favour. Track record of failing to achieve then ditching the contract for a better offer. I think he's fed up of Qatar and is trying to drum up a bit of a buzz about himself to get a better offer.
No way are SUFC after him

Weird, I can't think of a single thing in his favour. Track record of failing to achieve then ditching the contract for a better offer. I think he's fed up of Qatar and is trying to drum up a bit of a buzz about himself to get a better offer.
No way are SUFC after him

That's why I said "Of the ones were linked with"
But Jokanovic has done it before, and his teams play good football, although all managers teams play good football until they come here.

Frankly how depressing the likes of John Terry are being touted as next manager. Somebody who in the years Blades have played Chelsea or Villa
the guy has never shown any respect to Sheffield United so why now should he be the new Mesiah the fans could get behind.

He is more suited to the blue half of city.
Makes Zero sense, what we need is an experienced manager with a proven record, not some gamble on an untried coach

In his Boro days, I used to occasionally see Robson on the Manc / NE "Transpennine Express" services.

Looking at the state of him, it was more a case of hoy him off the train rather than ask for his autograph...
I think he really did like a drink at the time....

I have a similar anecdote from a few months before we made him manager as we saw him at Manchester Airport get carried by his two mates on a flight to Magaluf...

Imagine my delight when we handed him the keys to the club a few months later...

Wonder where the due diligence was when we appointed him
I recall the feeling of horror when Robson's odds shortened and shortened after Warnock had gone.

And I got the same horror when I saw this thread.

Would we really repeat the mistake of replacing one of the most successful managers we've had with an ex England media celebrity But in this case noted for loutish behaviour rather than an ability to drink. No thanks

If Terry is interested or even applied, I can see where he's coming from. Despite our position and dire season, we will still be one of the favourites to bounce back straight away. Terry will see this as a great opportunity to boost his credentials on his CV., which will then put him in line to manage a top half Premier club if they come sniffing should we indeed get promoted. Can't see much long term loyalty with JT.
All he will be looking at is using us as a stepping stone for bigger things in his managerial career, but who could blame him?
The Prince has already intimated that he is looking at the next appointment as a long term project, so surely he could see a JT appontment as just the opposite.
It's a no from me, not only because of what I've stated above, but I just don't rate him just yet. Let him prove himself in a lower division.

If Terry were about to put pen to paper at the press confrence when he here's a whisper behind him, "does he know that Lunny has to play every game......."

5 seconds later NORAD has picked up an unidentified missile launch from S2,

"Where's JT Gone?????"

Note on table...."byeeeeeeeeee"

Frankly how depressing the likes of John Terry are being touted as next manager. Somebody who in the years Blades have played Chelsea or Villa
the guy has never shown any respect to Sheffield United so why now should he be the new Mesiah the fans could get behind.

What “respect” should he have shown? Who are you? Don Corleone?

To say we're all buzzing about a complete unknown who manages in Belgium league (inc me) but offended by John Terry being linked with the job is beyond me.

For every David Weir there's a Steven Gerrard. He's not in my top 3 choices though

If we get Terry then the players will certainly be shown how to 'get in the box', that's for sure.

....and that's entertainment!

utb

If you're on about the phantom goal last season by 'he's never shown any respect to us' no opposition manager in their right mind that's facing relegation would have done any different. Ultimately that kept them up and they didn't need to show us respect, the goal line technology & VAR should have done that

Track record of failing to achieve then ditching the contract for a better offer. I think he's fed up of Qatar and is trying to drum up a bit of a buzz about himself to get a better offer.
Track record of failing to achieve... say what now?? 😂 😂

so apart from 2 out of 2 promotions from Championship... he's even team struggling in Qatar into the AFC Champions League qualification spots back to back.

Have a look at his win % ratio, and its one of the best going around.

My only concern is the time he tends to stick around, but if we want to get promoted first attempt then he would be obvious choice

I can’t see him being the right fit for manager here, but if he is I will be right behind him. As for jumping ship, he’s obviously going to be ambitious but he’s not shown signs of itchy feet at Villa. We probably wouldn’t pay the wages of some loanees from Chelsea’s massive car supermarket size reserves but it does open the door for the likes of Heaton, Taylor, Hourihane and Engels. As I’ve said in a previous post in respect of looking at those associated with football to be our moral compasses, that ship sailed long ago.

I also can’t see him standing for anyone who doesn’t want to pull their weight and give 100%

Last edited:
John Terry is who the media want for manager.

The Prince has a few other candidates in mind.

I recall the feeling of horror when Robson's odds shortened and shortened after Warnock had gone.

And I got the same horror when I saw this thread.

Would we really repeat the mistake of replacing one of the most successful managers we've had with an ex England media celebrity But in this case noted for loutish behaviour rather than an ability to drink. No thanks

He might go on to be a top manager, who knows ?
But we can't take the risk with an inexperienced manager at this point in time.
There's so much broken, it's a job for an experienced man, hence why I would prefer Jokanovic of all the managers mentioned

If we get Terry then he will have my backing as manager of Sheffield United.
Yes he's not my favourite person but if he comes, he could pave the way for some decent loans coming to us from Chelsea.

Back
Top Bottom