John MacPhail - update

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Trafford

Reaction score
Read an update on John MacPhail on LinkedIn today, he’s still in hospital after his accident and there’s going to be a minutes applause for him at the play off final tomorrow (post below). Fingers crossed for a full recovery - 🎵 We’ll take more care of you, John MacPhail, John MacPhail 🎵

“This is one, not just for all Sunderland AFC fans, but all football fans in general.

My very good pal and Sunderland legend JOHN MACPHAIL, had been very poorly in hospital since an accident in December last year.

John guided me and looked after me when I was a young apprentice and Pro at Sunderland in the late 80’s, he is an absolute gentleman and you couldn’t wish to meet a nicer guy.

Our prayers go out to John’s Wife Diane and his 3 girls and grand kids.

On Saturday, at the game at Wembley, there will be a minutes applause on 5 minutes(5 was Monty’s shirt No) so please join me in sending John our thoughts and prayers that he get’s over this terrible time and starts to improve.

Knowing John he would wish he could be on the pitch, but I’m sure in his head, he’ll be kicking every ball and wishing the lads every success on Saturday.

Our prayers are with you John and please just stick in pal and get well soon”👍

1653065923582.png

Hope he gets better. I remember how good he was for the Blades.

Come on Sunderland. We don’t want that slime ball grease bag anywhere near the Lane.

Weren't Wycombe playing without fans for an entire season when they were last in the Championship or is it just me talking shit?

Sad to read.

John was in the team the first game I went to. I had a keyring as a young kid with him on. If I remember rightly I had two the same, one with McPhail on one side and the team on the other and another with Paul Garner and the team.

I suppose there is some positive news though.

Best wishes to him.

Anyway me know if he’s still in the coma or has he come round yet !

Read an update on John MacPhail on LinkedIn today, he’s still in hospital after his accident and there’s going to be a minutes applause for him at the play off final tomorrow (post below). Fingers crossed for a full recovery - 🎵 We’ll take more care of you, John MacPhail, John MacPhail 🎵

“This is one, not just for all Sunderland AFC fans, but all football fans in general.

My very good pal and Sunderland legend JOHN MACPHAIL, had been very poorly in hospital since an accident in December last year.

John guided me and looked after me when I was a young apprentice and Pro at Sunderland in the late 80’s, he is an absolute gentleman and you couldn’t wish to meet a nicer guy.

Our prayers go out to John’s Wife Diane and his 3 girls and grand kids.

On Saturday, at the game at Wembley, there will be a minutes applause on 5 minutes(5 was Monty’s shirt No) so please join me in sending John our thoughts and prayers that he get’s over this terrible time and starts to improve.

Knowing John he would wish he could be on the pitch, but I’m sure in his head, he’ll be kicking every ball and wishing the lads every success on Saturday.

Our prayers are with you John and please just stick in pal and get well soon”👍

View attachment 136363
Do you know a kid called Gazza Breeds at Sunderland:?

I was mates with little Bert in the Army (Dave)
Aahh right, both good lads. Gary died of cancer a few years ago, and I bump into Dave every now and then. You might also have known Batty, or Gerr.

Gerr fowler ?
I think so, not really sure of his surname. . . Or his 1st name tbh😂, really sound lad if it's the same. Was on the drink with him a few weeks back, celebrating Sunderland's win over the pigs.

I think so, not really sure of his surname. . . Or his 1st name tbh😂, really sound lad if it's the same. Was on the drink with him a few weeks back, celebrating Sunderland's win over the pigs.
Runs a ex forces charity

This is a story close to my heart. Admittedly I wasn't around when John played football.

My Mum had the same accident in September 2021 where at 56 she's left with life changing Injuries and cared for in a care home.

Still being young, I was still living at home so i was very close to mum as you can imagine. The last year has been horrible but it's also made me grow up.

I hope plenty of money was donated between sets of fans and John has a comfortable more 'easier' way of living his life.

UTB

Back
Top Bottom