Outgoing? John Lunsdtram

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Does he bring as much to a team as Robinson who we bought for between 6 and 8 million?
Compared to talent, age and potential I would say yes and subsequently that is the level I would usually expect. Unfortunately he is in the last year of his contract and I therefore expect us to get around £5 million
Remember the times not so long ago when there would have been uproar at selling a player of that value
Thankfully McCabe has moved on

Not ITK, I copied this from SSN. Doesn't name the clubs though.

11:43

FOUR PL CLUBS IN FOR LUNDSTRAM
Four Premier League clubs are considering a move for Sheffield United contract rebel John Lundstram.
After six months of negotiations, Lundstram has failed to agree an extension to his contract, which has now entered its final year.
If talks remain at a stalemate, manager Chris Wilder could be tempted to accept a fee this summer, rather than let the Liverpool-born midfielder go for free next year.
Lundstram received rave reviews in his debut season in the Premier League, scoring five goals, with three assists in 36 appearances, as United challenged for a European slot.
Northern Premier League

Some cloud cuckoo land numbers being bandied about.

Last year of contract = minimum asset value.

Im going for £3m tops. Almost certainly less.

UTB

Everton reckon they can get 5 million for Besic in his last year. A guy who hasnt played for them in years and wouldnt be as valuable in the market as Lunny. Id like to think we could get 6-7 million for him TBH.

If we can get 5 million plus then Id be happy enough, hes had a good season but was inconsistent and id have said he was probably playing at his ceiling rather than close to his floor. If he can earn more elsewhere and we can get in funds for Wilder to reinvest in a Cash or Swift type than GLTTL

Thanks but no thanks. Cya later Lunny.

Time to cash in and get someone who really wants to be here.

His attitude post Jan has made me lose a lot of respect that he'd built up in the first 6 months of the season when he'd got just about everybody (including me) on the Lord Lundstram ship.

£8mil starting bids please.

Reckon we will get 5-6 millioin which will cover the majority of Swift and Robinson

Shame as I do like Lunny and think first half of the season he was awesome! But if he is asking for silly wages we cant be seen breaking our structure for a fringe player

I'd be very interested to learn which four Prem clubs feel he could improve their midfield. I'd guess Burnley, Newcastle, West Brom and Southampton.

If he feels he can earn more and play more (especially as a DCM where he looks far more comfortable than RCM) elsewhere and wants to go then he leaves with everyone's best wishes.

I certainly think he's replaceable at RCM - my only concern is replacing his goals.
I’d throw Palace in there too

Some of the criticism of lundstram is terrible
He has come in and done a job for us and never let us down
Wants to be paid a salary which is commensurate with that of a premiership player, he will still be on his old championship salary
But more than that he wants to play for someone on a regular basis
Good luck to him

Damn, so many people are so willing to stick the boot into Lundstram based on very little. The Sky Sports quote says:

"After six months of negotiations, Lundstram has failed to agree an extension to his contract, which has now entered its final year. "

None of which is new information.

What's the big deal? He cost us bog all, if he leaves we'll make a nice profit on him, he performed out of his skin for a good chunk of last season and scored some important goals. We've already spent loads on a player who's going to play ahead of him (Berge) and are strongly linked with another (Swift), can understand why he'd want to look for first team football if we're not going to give it to him - and can also understand if we're not willing to pay him like a first teamer, on the basis that he probably won't be.

Edit - what bertieblade said

I don't blame him for playing hard ball with his contract or looking for a lucrative move - this is his big chance and it may be his one and only chance. (Although he may have move confidence in his own ability than that). The thing is, I don't think we'd really miss him that much. He's done very well for us, better than I think most of us expected, but we have players that I expect will be chosen ahead of him next season and we will no doubt be looking to sign more. Which is why maybe the club aren't willing to up his wages that much. If he can be a regular at another club, he should probably go for it rather than fade into the background on our bench.

He’s likely to be backup next season if he stays. I’m sure he’s got takers that can offer him a similar role at a higher wage. Potentially, if Everton is one of the 4, with the added convenience of being nearer his home. He’s probably been offered somewhere between Osborn and Baldock’s current wages given his likely role. That’ll be much more than he’s on, but probably less than say what Mo Besic is currently on at Everton.

I think it’s a shame, but I’m supportive of us taking a sensible approach to the wage bill.

Not sure which other prem club would offer him the wagershe's reportedly wanting and offer him regular football. He is a replaceable player but saying that we will need someone who can replicate his box to box & the little bit of a goal threat he's offered this year. Hopefully the fee we could command would be just about enough to bring in both Robinson & Swift. Would also like Cash too for that bit of versatility on the right side.

Always liked Lunny, and he'll be remembered by me for a few good reasons (if he does leave, that is), one for scoring our first home goal in our return to the Premier League, two for taking Grealish out with a real, old fashioned "Welcome to Bramall Lane" tackle, and three, for being the only player, other than David McG, to score more than once in a game last season (think I am right with that?)

Good player, created great goals for Mousset (Everton away) and Billy (Norwich at home), and if he can get more money elsewhere, then why not.

Always liked Lunny, and he'll be remembered by me for a few good reasons (if he does leave, that is), one for scoring our first home goal in our return to the Premier League, two for taking Grealish out with a real, old fashioned "Welcome to Bramall Lane" tackle, and three, for being the only player, other than David McG, to score more than once in a game last season (think I am right with that?)

Good player, created great goals for Mousset (Everton away) and Billy (Norwich at home), and if he can get more money elsewhere, then why not.

Fleck scored 2 vs. Burnley at home didn't he?

Fleck bagged twice against Villa in the 2-0

If we can get 5 million plus for him in the last year of his contract I’d drive him to where he’s going

Bet he goes to Everton and makes 5 sub appearances next year for an extra 10k a week

What a way to ruin your career 🤑🤑
McCabe’s left mate. Try buying another 25 year old midfield player from another premier league club with a year left on his contract and I guarantee you that the starting price will be £15m

McCabe’s left mate. Try buying another 25 year old midfield player from another premier league club with a year left on his contract and I guarantee you that the starting price will be £15m
Hasn't hjoberg just gone for 15-17? Though he's been a Prem and international player for a while. Lunny is English though so I suppose that adds a bit, I think we could probably get 10-12.

Do you really think we'll get 15 million for john lundstram Reallyyy with one year left on his contract ?

£20m plus Walker Peters who’s rated at £12m is what I’ve seen.

They are separate deals
So spurs have sold a reserve with a handful of premier league games for them to Southampton for £12m? Meaning spurs have bought the Dane for £8m? Deal of the decade, if right

Back
Top Bottom