Outgoing? John Lunsdtram

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

wheres lj blade defending lundstram ?
The usual group will read this comment and have a dig at me for supporting Lundstram, which isn’t the case. He’s not been good this season, at all, but he’s not been any worse than nearly everyone in the team and yet most others don’t get the same criticism.

The longer this goes on, the less Lundstram deserves a Premier League contract. His application, his impact, his form and his consistency have all been very, very poor so far. He hasn't positively influenced a game this season, if a PL side comes along and throws a decent contract his way now, there's something very wrong and it would just about sum the PL up.

We need to replace him, with someone who cares, someone who wants to be here, and who actually impacts on our games.

The longer this goes on, the less Lundstram deserves a Premier League contract. His application, his impact, his form and his consistency have all been very, very poor so far. He hasn't positively influenced a game this season, if a PL side comes along and throws a decent contract his way now, there's something very wrong and it would just about sum the PL up.

We need to replace him, with someone who cares, someone who wants to be here, and who actually impacts on our games.
the thing is he hasnt done himself any favours with these insipid displays game after game i think he will eventually finish up back in league 1

It's like the old one about the restaurant with terrible food and small portions. Probably first done by stadtler and waldorf.
It was probably an old joke when Groucho did it in the 30s...certainly very old when Woody Allen did it in the 60s 🤷‍♂️🥳

TBF to Lunny he’ll comfortably get £40-50,000 a week at Palace if he’s on a free - likely double his current money.

TBF to Lunny he’ll comfortably get £40-50,000 a week at Palace if he’s on a free - likely double his current money.

Good luck to him if he does. More importantly though, he's no longer our problem when the feckless fucker disappears somewhere else. Come May I have zero interest in the man and he can milk another guilable club.

Sheffield United offer still there for Lundstram as Crystal Palace reportedly close in​

John Lundstram looks set to join Crystal Palace this summer.

The Mirror reports Palace are planning an overhaul of their squad at the end of this season and see Lundstram as part of that.

Burnley are also interested, but it’s the Eagles who lead the way.

It’s been known for some time that this campaign is likely to be Lundstram’s last at Bramall Lane.

The 27-year-old is out of contract at the end of this term.

The Blades do want to keep Lundstram, but talks about a new deal have been on hold for months now.

United were prepared to make the midfielder one of the best paid players at the club, but he still refused to sign.

With the South Yorkshire side not willing to offer any more, negotiations came to a halt.

Yet Yorkshire Live reports the final offer does still remain on the table for Lundstram.

If he signs that deal I will be as furious as I was for the Hammond Scenario. It would further taint the club's and Wilder's reputation by allowing players with no work ethic and little ability to persevere at the club. BYE BYE 🍆✊💦

Unpopular opinion trigger warning:

He was right not to sign a new contract as he knew this could happen.

He will move on a free transfer to a PL team on £50k a week with a fat signing on bonus as an HG player

Meanwhile he plays within himself to avoid injury.

I can't blame him.

Unpopular opinion trigger warning:

He was right not to sign a new contract as he knew this could happen.

He will move on a free transfer to a PL team on £50k a week with a fat signing on bonus as an HG player

Meanwhile he plays within himself to avoid injury.

I can't blame him.
If you are right, he’s not meeting his part of the contract he signed when he was in league one and desperate for someone to take a chance on him and that’s ok with you?
Given what you lose your shit over that’s quite a take on it.

If you are right, he’s not meeting his part of the contract he signed when he was in league one and desperate for someone to take a chance on him and that’s ok with you?
Given what you lose your shit over that’s quite a take on it.

Of course it's not 'ok' but I can't blame him for it. There's a difference.

Edit: And I doubt its stipulated in his contract that he is to 'play well' but maybe you are privy to it?

Edit: And I doubt its stipulated in his contract that he is to 'play well' but maybe you are privy to it?
If he’s deliberately playing within himself as you mention then he’s not meeting his side of the contract. Maybe difficult to prove in reality hence why I included the caveat, “if you’re right”,

If he’s deliberately playing within himself as you mention then he’s not meeting his side of the contract. Maybe difficult to prove in reality hence why I included the caveat, “if you’re right”,

How football works

How football works
How have you got that from an article about "how Robbie Savage works"?
Which one of those things do you think Lundstram is doing, bearing in mind a) he doesn't have to manufacture a move away from his own club, since his contract is due to expire and b) he hasn't fallen out with his manager, which most of those tactics are designed to do.

You can’t blame him for letting his manager, team mates & “fans” down?

What about playing within himself?

Playing within himself makes it less likely he'll get injured helping him move away.

From a football fans point of view I'm not exactly happy with him, but I can understand why he does it.

In all situations (SUFC and beyond) I don't hold much sympathy for clubs that allow these situations to happen.

Playing within himself makes it less likely he'll get injured helping him move away.

From a football fans point of view I'm not exactly happy with him, but I can understand why he does it.

In all situations (SUFC and beyond) I don't hold much sympathy for clubs that allow these situations to happen.
This is a nonsense. If he got injured this season he wouldn't accept us not paying him because he's going, he's been expecting us to honour the deal signed.
Of course I know some players will absolutely take it easy and protect themselves, but it is unprofessional and it's not within the spirit of the deal he signed and is therefore open to criticism. It's like at work if you sign a deal and then look to cruise out the last 6 months of the contract and I'm sure he's being told about his responsibilities around that.

This is a nonsense. If he got injured this season he wouldn't accept us not paying him because he's going, he's been expecting us to honour the deal signed.
Of course I know some players will absolutely take it easy and protect themselves, but it is unprofessional and it's not within the spirit of the deal he signed and is therefore open to criticism. It's like at work if you sign a deal and then look to cruise out the last 6 months of the contract and I'm sure he's being told about his responsibilities around that.

I'm going to let you in on a little secret;

Not all footballers give 100%.

He is open to criticism absolutely, but as it's in his best interest I can't exactly blame him. We're going down, him giving 100% will make no difference to that and risks injury/fatigue for the new season with his new team. He's not even playing in front of fans at the moment.

I'm going to let you in on a little secret;

Not all footballers give 100%.

He is open to criticism absolutely, but as it's in his best interest I can't exactly blame him. We're going down, him giving 100% will make no difference to that and risks injury/fatigue for the new season with his new team. He's not even playing in front of fans at the moment.
I'm not sure which part of my post you are struggling with?

You don't blame him if he's putting in half arsed performances while enjoying all the protections and renunciations of his contract.
I'm saying that would be unprofessional and deserving of criticism from the club and fans, while also highlighting you've lost your nut for much less from others at the club.

I don't think there is a grey area for confusion. He's alright by you to be unprofessional and not give it his best while he's still employed for his own selfish reasons.
I believe he has an obligation to put his all in until his contract is up as which point he can do what he likes with our best wishes.

Last edited:
I'm not sure which part of my post you are struggling with?

You don't blame him if he's putting in half arsed performances while enjoying all the protections and renunciations of his contract.
I'm saying that would be unprofessional and deserving of criticism, while also highlighting you've lost your nut for much less from others at the club.

I don't think there is a grey area for confusion. He's alright by you to be unprofessional and not give it his best while he's still employed for his own selfish reasons.
I believe he has an obligation to put his all in until his contract is up as which point he can do what he likes with our best wishes.

I don't blame him for not signing a new contract, and I can understand whilst not agree with why he is doing it.

Where have I lost my cut for much less from others at the club? Why are you playing the poster?

Did I say it was alright what he is doing? Perhaps that is what you are struggling with, seeing things that are not there?

Is fucking shit
I don’t want the cunt to play for this club ever again.
Ya backward passing, nesh, fucking negative, lightweight, fucking wate of space bastard, cunt.
Do I infer that you don’t like him ?

I don't blame him for not signing a new contract, and I can understand whilst not agree with why he is doing it.
I've never mentioned this so why do you keep bringing that up in reply to me? He has no obligation to sign a contract.

Where have I lost my cut for much less from others at the club? Why are you playing the poster?
You have said that you understand and do not blame him for not giving it his all.
I've not mentioned anything personal to warrant your moan about playing the poster in this thread.
Pointing out the nonsense you post and highlighting your hypocrisy from your own words isn't playing the poster.
I'm not going to list all the things you've lost your shit over when the club doesn't do what you think it should. I'd be surprised if you don't have links saved.

Did I say it was alright what he is doing? Perhaps that is what you are struggling with, seeing things that are not there?
Yes you did. "Meanwhile he plays within himself to avoid injury. I can't blame him."
You're happy to accept it, and defend him from criticism for it because were going down and there's no fans.
Again that's not playing the poster, it's pointing out your nonsense and hypocrisy.

Back
Top Bottom