John "Lungstrumm" Lundstram

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

bromtom

Well-Known Member/ Former F1 Driver Jos Verstappen
Reaction score
Just an appreciation post, how good was he today? Don't know whether he'd been on the alcohol free Peroni and trying to hide it but he came on and bossed it.

My one criticism is he should have shot when he made that driving run, but he still made an ok pass and we had a shot eventually.

With performances like that would be a great option off the bench as a "Defensive Fleck".

Watch us sell him to Barnsley...

Just an appreciation post, how good was he today? Don't know whether he'd been on the alcohol free Peroni and trying to hide it but he came on and bossed it.

My one criticism is he should have shot when he made that driving run, but he still made an ok pass and we had a shot eventually.

With performances like that would be a great option off the bench as a "Defensive Fleck".

He had a year to shoot and didn't. Which is odd as he has scored from the edge the box before.

I still wouldn't keep him, we need better.

Yeah i thought he was good today.

He did do okay today. He also had a few good games for us last season. I think he’d be a good signing for a midtable or lower Championship team and may even take another step forward if he’s playing regularly somewhere. But I hope we have better options available as back up for Fleck and Norwood next season.

Mid to lower Championship is his level as of now. He was met with a lot of unwarranted criticism often last season, simply because he wasn't Coutts, despite being pretty good most games he played I thought, and was better than Lee Evans. Expect us to sell now that we're in the Prem. He's played a small part in our rise through the leagues so I'll be wishing him all the best. The Grealish tackle alone was worth whatever fee we paid for him.

Won’t be good enough for next year, definitely will need better quality
If I was him, would rather play every week even in Championship or division 1, waste of time for him just occasionally being on the bench or not even in the match day squad

He has the odd good game but he is really not what we want in the premiership. I'm 99% sure he will be sold to a lower down champ team... Maybe Wednesday? :)

Lundstram,luvvies we have a few,he is not good enough for the Championship,so i doubt Barnsley will want him.

An ageing Charlie Adam sold him a pup yesterday,and so did Alan Judge last week.

Will only ever be remembered for putting Jack Grealish on his arse,Birmingham fan did the same and he got locked up.

Lunstram does have some quality but I think for his career he needs to get out and play every week next season. I can see us sending him out on loan into the Championship and see how he does, but if he's out of contract next summer then I guess we'll sell him this summer or let him stay as a back-up, but I think he needs more football.

He's actually more naturally suited to the Norwood role than Fleck's. He's probably a better player than he's shown this season and is credited for. However, he is still short of 1-2 yards of pace and I think would look exposed next season.

I think he is better suited for premiership. He’s big and strong likes a tackle and can pass it. There’s an unreal player in there.

I’m saying now he plays a fair few in championship and suprises everyone.

Agree with that, from where I was stood he looked to be pretty much one-on-one with the keeper, he should have just taken a deep breath and blasted it.

However, when he did burst forward (in the last two games) he seemed to have more pace than I thought he had.

He's obviously not shown premier league potential, given the lack of minutes this season, but how many players can we replace in one window?

We only have 4 CM's, and might want 5 for the prem for our likely use of a midfield 3 against the top teams. Not going to be having 10 ins and 10 outs, so Lunny will probably stay.

Knill really rates him hence why he's still here and let's not forget he's got age on his side unlike a lot in this squad. If Wilder decides to keep him in and around the squad or he plays him in games where we need a bit more solidity in midfield then that's good enough for me.

Send him out on loan to a mid-lower Championship side if he has any suitors and reassess in a years time. I think there's a decent player in there.

A player with a good attitude but thats not enough for the prem. His build means he needs to play every week. Good passer of the ball but slow in thought when in possession and will get found out with the pace in the top division.

A move to Barnsley would be good for him if he can get a game every week. If he's not good enough for a top end championship team each week then its deluded to assume he'd make it at the top level.

I think he has the potential to be a very useful squad player next season.

I'm a big fan of him but i thought at times yesterday the game just passed him by, having said that i still think he is the kind of player that can play in front of the "backline" and give them some extra protection, i don't see him being much of a "flair" player, just a "tackler and a hard man enforcer" type

Brooks’s wasn’t a regular for us but he is much more regular in the prem. It is a different game with more time. It might just be that CWAK feel he would be better suited to the prem.

Back
Top Bottom