CONFIRMED John Brayford - Contract Mutually Terminated

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Why are we terminating the contract of a player worth over 1 million?

He's worth what people are prepared to pay for him, and seemingly nobody that can afford to pay him thought it was worth offering even the most nominal of fees. At a time players are being overvalued to remarkable extents currently, we haven't been able to attract a penny for him.

after finishing laughing out loud - I'll answer you post.

Derby to Cardiff - upwards of £1m - yep, Derby had Cardiffs pants down - hardly pulled up any trees at Cardiff.

Cardiff then had out pants down with .....£1.3m - which apparently was the approx. fee.

As for £1m contract - that really went down well with our fans.

He's over rated fella - get over it - just looks at the playing stats - tells the story for me.

As for Numpty post.........coming from the king of numpty posts............as I said first LOL

UTB
Lol.

He'll be plying his trade again at Championship level. While we trawl L1 and feckin Scotland for replacements.

Pre injury, one of the better more consistent performers we have had in the last decade. Don't kid yourself he wasn't. Alas, (bad) Lady Luck has transpired against us. It happens.

Your opinion is duly noted.

Regards.

KONP / aka DB :)

UTB

Looked outstanding during that initial 3 moth loan but looked a shadow of that player when he came back permanently (that's been generous he was in all honesty very poor during that period) and that was before the injury in the playoff semi.

That January outlay and a failure to win promotion on the back of it cost Clough his job.

Which ever way you look at this, it represents an appalling piece of business.

Again United show an alarming lack of strategic long term thinking which ends up costing the club ridiculous amounts of money.

When will McCabe ever learn?
I was told from a good source that this wasn't a McCabe decision.

Take from that what you will but McCabe also didn't think it was value for money at the time.

A light in the darkness
A character amidst the clones
Something different in league one when we had drudge
A bird with a bikini wearing ability that is beyond comment
A decent bloke apparently
Someone who gave us hope and interest at A very low time
A man with dignity amongst the arrogant

Good luck man, shame you got injured and there's always a pint in The lescar when you play the pigs for Burton next

Utb

I would wager that many of those slagging the club off for an 'awful bit of business' would have lamented not signing him as a lack of ambition.

It represents terrible value but needs must and these are different (better) times. Nothing wrong with being pragmatic.

I would wager that many of those slagging the club off for an 'awful bit of business' would have lamented not signing him as a lack of ambition.

It represents terrible value but needs must and these are different (better) times. Nothing wrong with being pragmatic.

We needed a striker and a couple of cbs. We got a fucking full back

It might, with the benefit of hindsight, have been bad business that we bought him for £1.3M, but it should be remembered that it was the fan base that pushed for his purchase. But as we were contracted to pay him handsomely for not playing, terminating his contract was good business if no one would take him off of our hands. We will no doubt have to pay him something, but hopefully a lot less than would have been the case otherwise.
Let us not let the recent history taint our memories of a player that at one time had the status of a legend. Thankfully we have several to replace him, with or without magic hats or 100 plus goals to their name.

Thanks and good luck John

What a fucking joke
You just couldn't make it up this clubs fucking stupidity

Not ideal regarding a fee, but letting him go while he still had some time left on his contract, means the wages we save should be at least 500k. So it's not a lot I know,for a player that cost more than double that, but 500k is better than a kick in the bollox.

Lol.

He'll be plying his trade again at Championship level. While we trawl L1 and feckin Scotland for replacements.

Pre injury, one of the better more consistent performers we have had in the last decade. Don't kid yourself he wasn't. Alas, (bad) Lady Luck has transpired against us. It happens.

Your opinion is duly noted.

Regards.

KONP / aka DB :)

UTB

You should remind yourself WHO signed Brayford in the FIRST of your so called £1+m transfers - a certain Malky Mackay - now he did waste Vincent Tans money on more than just Brayford. SUFC were the 2nd and only other club to pay over £1m for the player. We have both had our pants down.

Brayford couldn't defend as a full back - great going forward and a bit like Freeman who is actually better, so does that make Freeman exceptional quality in your book?. Brayford, quality player? - you're having a laugh. Once again, just look at the stats and the actual lack of quality teams who have ever wanted to sign him, or actually keep him.

He was a decent, honest footballer for Nigel Clough - and probably will be again.

As for trawling Scotland and L1 - we now operate in Wilders World, not Cloughs world and last time I looked we were 5th in the league.

UTB

You should remind yourself WHO signed Brayford in the FIRST of your so called £1+m transfers - a certain Malky Mackay - now he did waste Vincent Tans money on more than just Brayford. SUFC were the 2nd and only other club to pay over £1m for the player. We have both had our pants down.

Brayford couldn't defend as a full back - great going forward and a bit like Freeman who is actually better, so does that make Freeman exceptional quality in your book?. Brayford, quality player? - you're having a laugh. Once again, just look at the stats and the actual lack of quality teams who have ever wanted to sign him, or actually keep him.

He was a decent, honest footballer for Nigel Clough - and probably will be again.

As for trawling Scotland and L1 - we now operate in Wilders World, not Cloughs world and last time I looked we were 5th in the league.

UTB
Thanks for setting the record straight. And confirming you know better than both Malkay Mackay and Mr Clough.

Regards.

KONP

UTB

Never played as well as that three month loan period.

Can't get in the team.

Makes me think we're freeing up his considerable wage because we have someone else coming in.

Sorry to interrupt the minor meltdown.

Shocking business from start to finish. My god we've had our pants down there.

We paid too much for sure. But now it's a case of letting the bloke clog up our wages budget or pay him off and free up some funds I suppose. I thought we would have got a fee for him though. But hey-ho! We move onwards and upwards.

Reactions: ljk
He would have only received a small pay off and he had a job lined up. I doubt the board would have allowed another defender in henegan if brayford was still on the books

We made our first mistake signing him on a permanent deal.
Clough being sacked ended any meaningful interest Brayford had with us.
This was the best ending we could hope for.
Money saved on wages to end of contract.
Thanks for the highspots Brayford and good luck.

He was player of the year for Burton last season.

Why wouldn't he at least be sniffing around our first team?

I think there are a few possibilities:

(a) Wilder doesn't like him in relation to something outside of his football ability (because he's good enough to stay)
(b) He's struggling with his own stuff, outside of football. Some of the comments he made when he came about Cardiff suggested to me that he might be struggling with his mental health at times, and if that's the case then we absolutely have done the right thing if staying at the Blades is contributing to him finding things hard.

I reckon it's B, personally, but I don't really know. That's just a hunch.

He was player of the year for Burton last season.

Why wouldn't he at least be sniffing around our first team?

I think there are a few possibilities:

(a) Wilder doesn't like him in relation to something outside of his football ability (because he's good enough to stay)
(b) He's struggling with his own stuff, outside of football. Some of the comments he made when he came about Cardiff suggested to me that he might be struggling with his mental health at times, and if that's the case then we absolutely have done the right thing if staying at the Blades is contributing to him finding things hard.

I reckon it's B, personally, but I don't really know. That's just a hunch.
I suspect your hunch is a wee bit more than that Christian !

UTB

the fans needed a boost and the club responded by paying over the odds on a player who became a cult hero very quickly. In hindsight it was bad business but imho this was a purchase for the fans keep the fans happy albeit for a short time. Good luck to the lad and hopefully lessons learned by us

Don't get it , fair enough Burton didn't want to spend a million, but surely we could Have got like 200 k. When u consider he was rumoured to be on 15 k a week, time that by 52 weeks, because he had a year left, that's 780k we gave up

Brayford- according to BBC sport has just signed for Burton as a free agent......

Discuss.

Player of the season yet they weren't willing to pay for him, either our board have been weak or CW must have wanted him away for other reasons. Would rather have sold him for £500k to Barnsley. Real shame as I thought he could have still done a job.

Thanks for the good days John, you were a bright light in dark days

Back
Top Bottom