Joe Rothwell

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

FFS United, stop offering peanuts and start fishing in your own pond.

It's like seeing a house you really like at Ā£750K, offering Ā£600K then scratching your head as to why the vendor didn't accept.

If we haven't got a pot to piss in we should stop kidding ourselves that we can attract decent Championship talent and look for the young hungry lower league players or pay a scout to scour the european leagues.

fucking joke of a club at times.
Wasnā€™t MGW ā€œdecent Championship talentā€ ? He came at the end of the window.

Canā€™t blame him really can you? Not going for Swift and Wallace who both joined WBA for nowt is a head scratcher though

I'm not sure why anyone would think that Vaulks wouldn't be a good squad signing given he's precisely the kind of player we missed last season. A bit of energy and bite.

I'm sure that last sentence is code for "headless chicken, liability for any team with higher aspirations than mere Championship survival, betting on him to be booked in every game is a profitable strategy

I'm not sure why anyone would think that Vaulks wouldn't be a good squad signing given he's precisely the kind of player we missed last season. A bit of energy and bite. Sure, he might have wanted first team football, which we probably couldn't guarantee him, but he is free and fairly cheap. Also knows the area. I'm pretty sure we've shown interest in him previously.

The only negative is his age. Not because he's old but because our other two main CMs are the wrong side of 30. We'd preferably sign a couple of younger players in that position but I suspect that won't happen.
I think we were interested when he was at Rotherham.

Yeah heā€™d improve our depth no doubt, Norwood and Berge are literally our only right footed midfielders.

Iā€™m surprised hes dropped a league given the reported championship interest in him and the fact Cardiff fans like him must generally mean heā€™s done a pretty good job.

Case in point, the replies to this tweet

I think we were interested when he was at Rotherham.

Yeah heā€™d improve our depth no doubt, Norwood and Berge are literally our only right footed midfielders.

Iā€™m surprised hes dropped a league given the reported championship interest in him and the fact Cardiff fans like him must generally mean heā€™s done a pretty good job.

Case in point, the replies to this tweet

Maybe he wanted to move back round here and only Wednesday could match his wages? šŸ˜‚

Smallbone and Rothwell in midfield for the same team.... in the championship. Ouch. Both would be perfect for us, individually and as a duo. Rothwell at least will probably be available in the summer so hopefully we'll be revisiting this thread

Smallbone and Rothwell in midfield for the same team.... in the championship. Ouch. Both would be perfect for us, individually and as a duo. Rothwell at least will probably be available in the summer so hopefully we'll be revisiting this thread
Aye
Albeit a (very) short ā€œrevisitā€ given our stated ā€˜businessā€™ model (sic)
29 years old
2 years left on a contract

Back
Top Bottom