Player Suggestion Joe Rodon

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Ndiayewillalwaysloveyou

Loyal blade ⚔️
Reaction score
CB still only 25 years old with 40 Welsh caps and unlikely to be a regular at Spurs. Was on loan at Rennes last season so maybe a season long loan to us this season?

We've been linked before and if Spurs do want to keep him abit longer than for all parties a short term move to us would be beneficial.

Yes but why we would waste a loan on a right footed centre back?

Could start at LCB and cover Anel for 5 games when his wife has another kid

Would be a good signing but not sure I'd use a loan slot on him. Maybe if we got Doyle permanently

Poor from you brown...

Played at Rennes last season
Plays left of the CBs for club and country
You'll have a job finding fast CBs
Played more than I thought at Rennes tbf, only saw 16 league appearances at first glance. But 22 appearances overall. What happened in the other games, I've not googled that.

Are you sure he's played left of 3 CBs for Wales or Spurs?

Regardless, he's not a leftie or pacey. We'd surely want at least one of those two criteria for a starting CB.

Played more than I thought at Rennes tbf, only saw 16 league appearances at first glance. But 22 appearances overall. What happened in the other games, I've not googled that.

Are you sure he's played left of 3 CBs for Wales or Spurs?

Regardless, he's not a leftie or pacey. We'd surely want at least one of those two criteria for a starting CB.
I always seem to remember him playing left sided at CB and having looked he has.

Dier or Sanchez or Alderwerald played RCB while Rodon was on the left side for Spurs.

Mepham plays RCB whilst Rodon plays LCB and did so last week for Wales.

I always seem to remember him playing left sided at CB and having looked he has.

Dier or Sanchez or Alderwerald played RCB while Rodon was on the left side for Spurs.

Mepham plays RCB whilst Rodon plays LCB and did so last week for Wales.
But playing left side of a 2 man pairing is very different to playing LCB in our back 3.

But playing left side of a 2 man pairing is very different to playing LCB in our back 3.
I think people still see our back 3 as playing the ‘Wilder way’ - where they constantly maraud forward, and being relevant footed is vital. Under PH we are far more conservative, especially at LCB.

I do like the balance of having a left footer at LCB but I don’t think it’s vital.

He's a really good player. If Egan isn't looking like signing a new deal could he replace him?

I like a left footer at LCB.

Yeah, he's right footed. Can use his left ok. I really don't see it as a loan unless Egan leaves.

Under PH we are far more conservative, especially at LCB.

Is that due to an overall philosophy, or due to the personnel Hecky has actually had available? Agree with you that I wouldn't lose my shit about a LCB being "right footed", next to nobody gets to the PL without being able to use both

A left footed Lcb is beneficial at opening the pitch out and playing clipped channel balls, the odd meander forward and cross. Most of which is when we are attacking and/or have more possession. Neither of which we will have much of in the premier League. Get good defenders in the back 3 with a solid GK. They're all going to be working very hard defending the box.

A left footed Lcb is beneficial at opening the pitch out and playing clipped channel balls, the odd meander forward and cross. Most of which is when we are attacking and/or have more possession. Neither of which we will have much of in the premier League. Get good defenders in the back 3 with a solid GK. They're all going to be working very hard defending the box.

Indeed, this. That said, if someone is that incompetent at relatively basic footballing skills they should be on Sheffield's radar, not Sheffield United, I can cross with both feet ffs

Indeed, this. That said, if someone is that incompetent at relatively basic footballing skills they should be on Sheffield's radar, not Sheffield United, I can cross with both feet ffs
Can you play Premier League quality short, medium and long passes? That are threaded through narrow gaps, up the touchline etc? Both feet to exactly the same standard yeah?

I can think of about 3 players in my lifetime that have looked as good on either foot. Zidane, KDB, Darren Currie... probably a few more, but not many.

The "he's a professional footballer" thing doesn't work as an argument I'm afraid, because the standards are insanely high.

Maybe we'll go with a right footer there, but I bet we'd prefer a left footer in an ideal world.

Did Anel look as good when he played LCB once or twice last season? Nope.

A left footed LCB is beneficial because it's easier to tackle someone running down that side of you if you're left footed.

A left footed LCB is beneficial because it's easier to tackle someone running down that side of you if you're left footed.
What if the cuts inside? That only works if the player tries to go on the outside, or is even right footed.
I only think the LCB has to be left footed for going forward, but even then they can cut inside themselves and still cross the ball with their right.

What if the cuts inside? That only works if the player tries to go on the outside, or is even right footed.
I only think the LCB has to be left footed for going forward, but even then they can cut inside themselves and still cross the ball with their right.
Robbie is correct, but there is also a lot of cutting in from fast wingers in the prem looking to shoot - so it's hard to know if it's as important without some serious data analysis.

If we have a right footer wanting to cut inside in attacking situations though, that's going to get handled more easily than a left footer crossing. More touches required, more time taken.

Anyway I'm boring myself.

As a right footed defender, when I play LCB players are more likely to cut in than when I play on the right as I naturally channel attackers down my strong side. This may be something that can be coached or impacts other players less than me (I haven't played professionally). I'm not saying the LCB has to be a left footer, but it helps.

The fact we have been linked with two predmoinantly right footed centre backs but no lefty suggests tinme we are going to move egan out there and anel down the middle where he looks absoloute class

This also negates egans weakness on being iaolated and overpowered ,outmuscled and out paced on on long balls

Why's he a dickhead? What's he done?
You're up on your socials, you'll have seen his videos, but he's only a young lad with having fun with his mates.
They box a lot on his back garden, which I think is hillarious.
The lad is the red hat is Brett Johns, ex UFC fighter. Just throwing that out there for an extra point.

Back
Top Bottom