Joe Hart?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I’ve heard we are apparently monitoring the situation with Hart which is obviously revolting to hear.

We did the same last summer when Man United were fucking about with Henderson though and he didn’t end up here, so hopefully same again.

Arsenal have reportedly made contact with him as a potential quick fix to see out the season with Leno out.

I doubt they could sign him now. Wouldn't he have needed to be released in Jan?

Even with the flexible rule around keepers Martinez has over 90 career appearances, 26 of those for Arsenal and Macey has played over 57 times, mainly on loan.

I'm sure (or not) that you had to show you had only keepers with less than 5 appearances on the books to qualify.

Not that it matters. We've only managed 3 shots on target in 270 minutes plus injury time.

Then again, it is a big club in need so I'm sure the FA and PL can contrive a way to dig them out!

Not sure why everybody is against this on the premise that he be brought in as backup and on a reasonable wage. If it were a suggestion as our new #1 then absolutely no he is past his best before date, but if its a choice of Moore or Hart as our backup then Hart wins hands down for me.

No disrespect to Moore but hes a League 1 keeper and if we dont get the keeper situation sorted or if Hendo was to come back and get injured for a large portion of next season, thats likely enough to relegate us.

We absolutely need to sort out the keeper situation this off season and I really dont see the cash floating around to sign 2 keepers so yep as a backup with no fee and reasonable wages then Id be in favour of this.

Arsenal have reportedly made contact with him as a potential quick fix to see out the season with Leno out.

An excellent plan with only two drawbacks. 1. He wouldn’t be allowed to play because he’s not in the squad they re-registered in February. And 2. He wasn’t registered for them when the squads were resubmitted in February, so couldn’t play.

Now I know that both of these look like the same point, but I’ve repeated the squad registration rules so many times these last few months when I’ve seen variations of “maybe Player X could play for Team Z” that I thought it worth saying twice to try and really drill home the point.

They would need PL permission via the “exceptional circumstances” rule for an emergency transfer. That’s when there’s a goalkeeping shortage, not just because the first choice keeper is unfortunately injured.

Last edited:
An excellent plan with only two drawbacks. 1. He wouldn’t be allowed to play because he’s not in the squad they re-registered in February. And 2. He wasn’t registered for them when the squads were resubmitted in February, so couldn’t play.

Now I know that both of these look like the same point, but I’ve repeated the squad registration rules so many times these last few months when I’ve seen variations of “maybe Player X could play for Team Z” that I thought it worth saying twice to try and really drill home the point.

They would need PL permission via the “exceptional circumstances” rule for an emergency transfer. That’s when there’s a goalkeeping shortage, not just because the first choice keeper is unfortunately injured.
Didn't know that!

Looks like more poor sports journalism then 😂

Was told this week by someone who worked with the 1st team at City that he was on £20,000pw at Burnley

would be better than Moore as a backup keeper for next season for me.
NO!

He's been wank for the past 3 or 4 seasons, and he's still wank.
Id rather have Krull and he's a cunt!

Wilder has turned around the careers of some players but he's not done it with someone who has reached the highs and now lows of Joe Hart. He is only 33 and has an incredible amount of england and premier league appearances, surely somebody can get a tune back out of him to make him a 7/10 prem keeper again?! It would be interesting more from seeing what wilder can do with him. Have we ever done well though with players that are on there way down?!

Maybe it's just me, but whenever I think of Joe Hart, I think George Long and vice-versa.

Wilder has turned around the careers of some players but he's not done it with someone who has reached the highs and now lows of Joe Hart. He is only 33 and has an incredible amount of england and premier league appearances, surely somebody can get a tune back out of him to make him a 7/10 prem keeper again?! It would be interesting more from seeing what wilder can do with him. Have we ever done well though with players that are on there way down?!

You could argue Clarke, Duffy, Jake Wright, McGoldrick, were all players signed that were perceived to be on a downward decline in their careers when they joined. It strikes me as odd that Wilder can show he can turn around some careers and drive them on, but to do that for a goalkeeper that used to be a top Prem/England player is dismissed out of hand for many.

I'd take him as a back up. His call to break through to the 1st team then. Let's not kid ourselves, he's a class keeper on his day. I'm almost certain he'll have suitors as a free agent, and I wouldn't be surprised if we weren't one of them.

Joe Hart is no better than Simon Moore, he's just come from the other direction.

Massive. Fuck off. No.

Neither should be in the Premier League, Moore is above his current level though and tries, Hart just won't accept his and moans about not having the support of being played despite his recent record.

Hope Celtic do us a favour and sign him up

Not sure why everybody is against this on the premise that he be brought in as backup and on a reasonable wage. If it were a suggestion as our new #1 then absolutely no he is past his best before date, but if its a choice of Moore or Hart as our backup then Hart wins hands down for me.

No disrespect to Moore but hes a League 1 keeper and if we dont get the keeper situation sorted or if Hendo was to come back and get injured for a large portion of next season, thats likely enough to relegate us.

We absolutely need to sort out the keeper situation this off season and I really dont see the cash floating around to sign 2 keepers so yep as a backup with no fee and reasonable wages then Id be in favour of this.
He won't come as back up ,that's why he's leaving. Burnley

I feel Dyche is on a similar level to Wilder in terms of man management and getting the best out of players. As good as Wilder is I think there will just be some that can't be turned. Dyche did it with Lennon.

I'd take him as a back up. His call to break through to the 1st team then. Let's not kid ourselves, he's a class keeper on his day. I'm almost certain he'll have suitors as a free agent, and I wouldn't be surprised if we weren't one of them.
Are you saying Wes F is our No1 ?

Back
Top Bottom