Jili Buyabu

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I think you’d want to give him a look at the end of games for a bit first if you were considering giving him first team exposure. He is quick and skilful but going up against prem wingers is a different animal and you’d want to be confident he could hold his own defensively first

I never understood the notion that "younger" players need to be constantly loaned out.
Over time many players of many clubs made their debut in a first team game at 17 or so.
Their time and frequency on the pitch needs to be structured, with the correct management there is no reason age should hamper first team development.

I think you’d want to give him a look at the end of games for a bit first if you were considering giving him first team exposure. He is quick and skilful but going up against prem wingers is a different animal and you’d want to be confident he could hold his own defensively first

One for the '2-0 up, 2-0 down' occasions I think.

Yeah I’d imagine it would take a while to adjust to the physicality of the prem

Do you know how Boyes is doing on loan? I wonder whether he'd be in contention for the shirt should we go down.

For some players it definitely might be useful at some point, but it is in no way universally the case or necessary. The concept some people here have that it is a cast iron requirement for someone to have gone through a Bradford Park Avenue > Chezzy > Doncaster > Barnsley series of progressions before they don't just press "not ready not good enough" on their soundboards (usually located next to the button that says "no PL experience") is ridiculous though.
Yep, I agree with you on that. I think in this particular case for Buyabu he does need first team experience before he is ready for us. We're attempting to be a physical/ high press team and from what I've seen of him he needs more 'mens football' experience before he's starting every week at LWB or LM/LW

i like this lad saw him for first time in u23 derby at lane last season he was the best player on the pitch skill and bags of pace im suprised he hasnt had a look in for me hes definetly better than larrouci and lowe

It’s completely different. It’s like saying Seriki is better than Baldock.

Larouci is an international ffs.

Lowe would look head and shoulders in the U23s.

I agree with some of your points, but point B about 'outdated' I'm not sure. You can still see this is how many youth players find their feet, City, Chelsea, Man Utd, Tottenham send their emerging talent out on loan across the world to gain first team football.

I do agree if you're good enough then you can go straight in. I've probably only seen 4 players in my Blade life do this - Naughton, Maguire, Walker, N'diaye (I'm sure others can name more).

I'm not saying youth players can't play minutes in the first team, but right now we need consistency in the 11 and I'm not sure its the time to be trialling Bayabu who to me when I've seen him still needs to develop physically.
Both Kyles went out on loan as did Ili.

Buyabu is 20 and hasn't started a game above National League South yet.

Chances are he's not going to have a top level career

Think it's harsh to assume this tbh.

Ndiaye had 1 game at the same level at that age.
I think it's fair to say Ndiaye is an outlier. His youth journey is unlike any other I've seen

If Buyaby becomes a Championship or above player, great. Just unlikely

He's playing tonight v Cov,on YT now.

He needs a chant to the tune of Voulez-Vous. Even if he plays as much as Diego De Girolamo... it'll be fun!

I think it's fair to say Ndiaye is an outlier. His youth journey is unlike any other I've seen

If Buyaby becomes a Championship or above player, great. Just unlikely
I like look of him, and of course plenty don't make it.

But we've had plenty play good level football whilst u21, for us and ended up doing nothing.

He's still very raw and learning the game, but definitely had something extra about him.

Very quick feet, skillful, loves to get stuck in, and is very fucking fast! He must have been a sprinter at some point as his running technique looks spot on.

i like this lad saw him for first time in u23 derby at lane last season he was the best player on the pitch skill and bags of pace im suprised he hasnt had a look in for me hes definetly better than larrouci and lowe

It’s impossible to say that he’s “definitely better than Larrouci and Lowe” - they play at completely different levels. The majority of our squad won second place in the Championship last year, but have still struggled to make the step up to Premier League level. Stepping up from U23s is five times that difference. The main reason for this is time and space; Premier League teams simply don’t allow opposition players to look good. Split second differences make it look like players who have pace in U23 games suddenly look ponderous in the Premier League.

As has been said elsewhere, if you put Max Lowe in the U23s week in week out, he’d look fantastic, and people would be proclaiming him as our saviour.

Never mind. At least he’s back home now. Sometimes things just don’t work out for a reason.

Why not? He's our player? Luke Thomas has been at 3 clubs this season.
He came back after the window has closed.

This is more a timing thing. If you loan someone and the window closes, to the best of my understanding, you cannot recall them.

So Buyabu can probably just play for the U21s until the summer.

Thomas has been at three clubs, but he’s only played for two.

He came back after the window has closed.

This is more a timing thing. If you loan someone and the window closes, to the best of my understanding, you cannot recall them.

So Buyabu can probably just play for the U21s until the summer.

Thomas has been at three clubs, but he’s only played for two.

If we needed to register him in the 25 then I think you'd have a point, but as he's come through a domestic youth system and his still young then he ought not to count against the squad and could play, same way we could chuck Blacker onto the bench last weekend. The issue would be if he's already played for more than one (non-SUFC) club this season, but I can't recall whether he was on loan elsewhere before Motherwell, or actually got minutes while he was on loan there in the first place

If we needed to register him in the 25 then I think you'd have a point, but as he's come through a domestic youth system and his still young then he ought not to count against the squad and could play, same way we could chuck Blacker onto the bench last weekend. The issue would be if he's already played for more than one (non-SUFC) club this season, but I can't recall whether he was on loan elsewhere before Motherwell, or actually got minutes while he was on loan there in the first place

This would suggest only 2 clubs so far - but no idea of the rules regarding moving outside of a window.

Back
Top Bottom