Jili Buyabu

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Did he play wing back today ?
Normally a midfielder isn't he ?

What great is he looks chuffed to bits and the other players do too. Great spirit in the club.

He's a decent sized lad too. Wonder how much it would take for him to bypass Lowe?
Not a lot based on him after injury,get the feeling lowe is very much a confidence player
Saying that watch him tear it up next season 😭

He looked reasonably tidy, though was under very little pressure.

Osula looked dangerous, but lacked composure.

The appearance will have done the lads confidence going into the summer break th world of good. It will also have been noted by the young lads who he played with regularly that there is a chance to get to the first team. Clever by PH. I would have liked a couple more in the first 11 at Brum but I think he got the balance right after all as the result meant we signed off with a flourish and positive for the summer.

was really impressed with this lad in the u23 derby with pigs earlier this season was the best player on the pitch skilfull and pacy get him in the gym this summer just needs bulking up great prospect

Yes when he fills out (makes that transition from youth to man) then provided it's not at the expense of pace or other attributes then he could be a really top prospect.

Considering how poor our attacking options are down the left, is it worth giving this lad a few games? He's definitely got some pace about him and height too.
Thomas can do the defensive duties at left back, Buyabu attacking down the left wing. Use Hamer as part of a double pivot with Norwood (eurgh) or Souza (double eurgh).

If this feels too risky in the upcoming 6 pointers, wait until the games where we're expected to lose to give him some game time?

Considering how poor our attacking options are down the left, is it worth giving this lad a few games? He's definitely got some pace about him and height too.
Thomas can do the defensive duties at left back, Buyabu attacking down the left wing. Use Hamer as part of a double pivot with Norwood (eurgh) or Souza (double eurgh).

If this feels too risky in the upcoming 6 pointers, wait until the games where we're expected to lose to give him some game time?
i like this lad saw him for first time in u23 derby at lane last season he was the best player on the pitch skill and bags of pace im suprised he hasnt had a look in for me hes definetly better than larrouci and lowe

I don't think you can just chuck him in because you don't like Norwood/ Souza. He'd be miles out of his depth at this level and could damage his confidence. He needs to go out on loan to a League 1 club & play week in and week out before he can be considered. As much as Norwood frustrates most fans he's one of our only players who has premier league & big-game experience which is invaluable at this level.

Osula/ Jebbison did this before they returned to our first team and they're still struggling to match the pace of most championship/ premiership games.

I don't think you can just chuck him in because you don't like Norwood/ Souza. He'd be miles out of his depth at this level and could damage his confidence. He needs to go out on loan to a League 1 club & play week in and week out before he can be considered.

The trouble is people still say this about the likes of Jebbison (and Brewster these days, or whoever the weekly scapegoat is). It'd clearly be a bigger step up for Buyabu, but:

a) PL minutes could damage his confidence. Hecky saying to him you have the capability to get minutes could boost his confidence. Hecky saying "you're not ready, fuck off to Barnsley/Burton/wherever for the rest of the season" could damage his confidence. It's all player dependent and you can't make that assumption.
b) Same with loans as I've said in many threads - the notion that you can never play first team games unless you've previously had several loan spells is horrifically outdated. If you're good enough to play you're good enough to play.

I don't think you can just chuck him in because you don't like Norwood/ Souza. He'd be miles out of his depth at this level and could damage his confidence. He needs to go out on loan to a League 1 club & play week in and week out before he can be considered. As much as Norwood frustrates most fans he's one of our only players who has premier league & big-game experience which is invaluable at this level.

Osula/ Jebbison did this before they returned to our first team and they're still struggling to match the pace of most championship/ premiership games.

It's probably our weakest spot on the pitch as neither of Thomas or Laroucci are convincing in the position. I'm not saying he should play but a lack of experience isn't a reason not to play him if he has the talent. Now I don't know if he does but the fact Hecky hasn't picked him suggests he's not ready. However if he never gets a chance how does he get the experience?

The trouble is people still say this about the likes of Jebbison (and Brewster these days, or whoever the weekly scapegoat is). It'd clearly be a bigger step up for Buyabu, but:

a) PL minutes could damage his confidence. Hecky saying to him you have the capability to get minutes could boost his confidence. Hecky saying "you're not ready, fuck off to Barnsley/Burton/wherever for the rest of the season" could damage his confidence. It's all player dependent and you can't make that assumption.
b) Same with loans as I've said in many threads - the notion that you can never play first team games unless you've previously had several loan spells is horrifically outdated. If you're good enough to play you're good enough to play.

Yeah agree it's player dependent. I hope he's got the mentality to think of any prem league games this season as a "free hit" rather than letting it affect his confidence. And let's be honest, such a low bar has been set on the left, he might just surprise us.

I havent seen him have a bad game yet , looks good to me.

Reactions: 10p

I agree with some of your points, but point B about 'outdated' I'm not sure. You can still see this is how many youth players find their feet, City, Chelsea, Man Utd, Tottenham send their emerging talent out on loan across the world to gain first team football.

I do agree if you're good enough then you can go straight in. I've probably only seen 4 players in my Blade life do this - Naughton, Maguire, Walker, N'diaye (I'm sure others can name more).

I'm not saying youth players can't play minutes in the first team, but right now we need consistency in the 11 and I'm not sure its the time to be trialling Bayabu who to me when I've seen him still needs to develop physically.

I agree with some of your points, but point B about 'outdated' I'm not sure. You can still see this is how many youth players find their feet, City, Chelsea, Man Utd, Tottenham send their emerging talent out on loan across the world to gain first team football.

For some players it definitely might be useful at some point, but it is in no way universally the case or necessary. The concept some people here have that it is a cast iron requirement for someone to have gone through a Bradford Park Avenue > Chezzy > Doncaster > Barnsley series of progressions before they don't just press "not ready not good enough" on their soundboards (usually located next to the button that says "no PL experience") is ridiculous though.

Back
Top Bottom