Incoming? Jed Steer

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Is he better than Davies? Possibly marginally. Not really worth paying a good few grand a week imo

Not for me, wouldn't mind a keeper who actually plays once in a while as competition but there aren't many about who we can afford, are available or are any good.

Would sooner keep Amissah or Dewhurst around as third choice as shell out for a Scott Carson/Lee Grant replica.

Waiting until now to do this means Amissah is stuck here

Not for me, wouldn't mind a keeper who actually plays once in a while as competition but there aren't many about who we can afford, are available or are any good.

Would sooner keep Amissah or Dewhurst around as third choice as shell out for a Scott Carson/Lee Grant replica.
I think the answer here is looking abroad at starting GKs from countries like Sweden, Belgium etc... Quick scan and there's this lad from Sweden as a good example of a keeper we could go after:

21yo full Iceland international, 11 clean sheets this season and only 17 goals conceded in 21 games.

I'd imagine a 2nd spot in a PL team could tempt him away, as we all know Wes does get injured

I think the answer here is looking abroad at starting GKs from countries like Sweden, Belgium etc... Quick scan and there's this lad from Sweden as a good example of a keeper we could go after:

21yo full Iceland international, 11 clean sheets this season and only 17 goals conceded in 21 games.

I'd imagine a 2nd spot in a PL team could tempt him away, as we all know Wes does get injured
HA HA everyone gets injured at the Lane .

We're carrying enough waste without signing a pointless additional keeper

Like Olsen and Verrips? I know it's wrong to judge after a handful of appearances but those guys were a bit scary.

Were they ever that good at youth level? Canā€™t judge a player on other past failures
Well Olsen came with a rep and international pedigree but Verrips was a development punt. It's hard to judge GKs I guess as they often don't play and their performance is dependent on the strength of the defence.

We need another GK but not this bloke. He's spent almost all his career (120 appearances in total) being loaned out. He's only played in the EPL three times.

Not for me. We should have gone for Schmichael but that ships sailed.

He was on my imaginary summer transfer list at the start of the season. We need 3 keepers, plenty of experience, obviously comfortable as the 2nd keeper, won't take up a lot of wages. No way are we paying big wages to have Kasper Schmeichel as number 2 to Wes.

He would be ok for a short term gap filler so I wouldn't have a problem if we brought him on that basis. That said, I would hope both him and Davies would leave in the summer with United (hopefully retaining PL status) going in for a long term first teamer challenger to Wes with Amissah being the 3rd in line. Maybe one of Steer or Davies can hang around if Amissah was to go out on loan. Either Cooper at Plymouth or Johannsen at Millers would be my choice for a permanent transfer on the summer if we have the finances. Nail done that spot with 2/3 decent keepers for the long term.

Did a bit of digging on the Villa site and there was a number of comments on their wishing Jed well when he left in May. The comments are generally favourable re his ability but with the caveat that he has been unlucky with injuries and they would have liked to keep him on as their number 2.

Had to chuckle though when one fan mentioned that he was 100% better than Olsen. Another fan piped up to correct him by saying 200%! Seems Olsen is working his magic again. Robin Olsen is a cad and charlatan of the highest order to the art of football goalkeeping.

So Jordan must have quite a bad injury then?

Back
Top Bottom