Outgoing? Jebbison

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

So what was point of him playing today? Wouldn't be the sort of player we give a send off too, other players available and an odd game to say "sign and you'll get more moments like this".
Think Wilder wouldn't have him near the squad if he wasn't staying
It was to get him match sharp for tomorrow's U21 semi 😊

Him being on bench and getting mentioned on club social media surely an indication of something?
Or are we just whacking him in the shop window to get rid 😂
Looking back on it at the end of the game, with both Jebbison and Mcburnie in a similar situation in regards to contracts, makes me think that one of them will stay and one will leave but not sure which will stay.

If both of them had come on or both had stayed on the bench, I would have assumed that either both of them will leave or both will stay.

With Jebbison coming on and Mcburnie staying on the bench, I just reckon that 1 will stay and the other will leave, just not sure which one.

Looking back on it at the end of the game, with both Jebbison and Mcburnie in a similar situation in regards to contracts, makes me think that one of them will stay and one will leave but not sure which will stay.

If both of them had come on or both had stayed on the bench, I would have assumed that either both of them will leave or both will stay.

With Jebbison coming on and Mcburnie staying on the bench, I just reckon that 1 will stay and the other will leave, just not sure which one.

Glad that's cleared up, then.

Possibly we’re reading more into these things.

It’s a professional football match at the top level.

There may have been a little sentiment with Davies, but in a regular match, Brewster and Jebbison might just be ahead of McBurnie in terms of fitness and it’s nothing more than that.

Possibly we’re reading more into these things.

It’s a professional football match at the top level.

There may have been a little sentiment with Davies, but in a regular match, Brewster and Jebbison might just be ahead of McBurnie in terms of fitness and it’s nothing more than that.
Yeah, I might just be overthinking it and making connections where there are none, suppose we'll find out on Tuesday.

Before man with a rifle (dingy rifle at that ) shoots his dibble
“Mcburnie is gone” unless he meets our 75% ish pay cut

By that are you saying McBurnie has been offered a contact at 3 quarters of the value of his contract that is about to run out, or is it a 75% pay cut on offer (so just a quarter of his previous contact)?

If the latter then there is no way he is going to sign on again. People might be accepting of a 25% pay cut (especially if they were were ona decent wedge before) but most workers wouldn't accept a 75% pay cut.

Is that based on this year's pay? He'd have lost half next season if he was under contract given our relegation reduction clauses.

I have no issue with United halving McBurnie's basic pay because he's only available 60% of the time. Make it back up with bonuses and it's a deal which might work for all parties.

We might not know what's going on in regards to his contract. But that doesn't sound like someone saying goodbye to a fanbase and club.
No you're right, when would a player ever thank the fans for their support as a goodbye? Oh aye, literally always...

Fed up of hearing about him, did he actually touch the ball on Sunday, I never noticed. Tell him and Mcburnie, you've got till the end of June to sign or that's it, goodbye!, otherwise we'll be in the same situation as last season, waiting till last minute

Wouldn't give either of them until the end of June. Talks have been ongoing now for a while and it's not as if we didn't know our fate long ago. It serves no point in prolonging stuff. Id give them until the start of June. Here is our contract offer. Its valid until 12 pm on 31 May. After that it's withdrawn. Start making people make decisive decisions rather than taking the 'lets wait and see' approach. Lord knows, the great Jebbo has been ready to sign in 48/72 hours for about 2 months now.

Wouldn't give either of them until the end of June. Talks have been ongoing now for a while and it's not as if we didn't know our fate long ago. It serves no point in prolonging stuff. Id give them until the start of June. Here is our contract offer. Its valid until 12 pm on 31 May. After that it's withdrawn. Start making people make decisive decisions rather than taking the 'lets wait and see' approach. Lord knows, the great Jebbo has been ready to sign in 48/72 hours for about 2 months now.
If you listened to Wilders last interview. he has set a date for the cut off but not revealed it.It maybe different for individual players.

No you're right, when would a player ever thank the fans for their support as a goodbye? Oh aye, literally always...
Doesn't seem like he was thanking them for their support as a way to say goodbye, it was more like he was thanking them for their support through his injury problems this season when he came off the bench yesterday.

Doesn't seem like he was thanking them for their support as a way to say goodbye, it was more like he was thanking them for their support through his injury problems this season when he came off the bench yesterday.
Pretty hard to read into a few words mate. Time will tell.

If you listened to Wilders last interview. he has set a date for the cut off but not revealed it.It maybe different for individual players.

Good. The renewal of contracts situation needs to be crystallized sooner rather than later. Both parties (club in one side, and player/agent in the other) should now have had plenty of time to digest the situation and should know what they plan to do. Season over, get final negotiations concluded and get decisions made. Everyone involved can then move on to their betterment.

I can imagine this is one of the main reasons why Wilder was brought in. He will be a lot more cut throat with decisions as he will take it personally. Which maybe a good or bad thing.

But we need resolution. This season has been hard to support the players as we know half of them don’t want to be here. A select few that want to be here and question marks over the rest of them.

Lundstram was hounded by fans in his last year. Yet we have half of our team in the exact situation but I just don’t think the fans care enough after the shambles we have seen to really kick up the same fuss.

Lundstram was hounded by fans in his last year. Yet we have half of our team in the exact situation but I just don’t think the fans care enough after the shambles we have seen to really kick up the same fuss.
This must have been remote hounding given that the whole season bar one game (in which Lundstram didn't feature) was behind closed doors.

Back
Top Bottom