Januarys Coming

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

HRH said two loans, one with option to buy, hopefully.

I suspect one is Rojo. The other will be a midfielder.

Norwood would not go to Doncaster I was referring to the principal and place in squad
Then yes I’d have him best case he develops further and can play that DM role worst case we turn him into a Basham type player which I is what I wanted us to do with him before we let him go.

Be good if anyone we bring in strengthens the first 11 as most of our recent signings don't get in the team.

How the #### we paid 20m for a centre forward who sits on the bench when we cant score for love nor money I dont know.

Then there's the 2 Derby lads, one has proved hes not good enough the other we've never seen. The 2 Forest lads are both back up and Wilder clearly.doesnt rate one of them at all.

Anyone who comes in has to go straight into the team so that rules out Rojo who hasn't played for.months. Going to be interesting to see who these players are that we have identified.

Oh and one other requirement they need to come in at the start of January as we may be down by the end of January !!

honestly the best signing i think we could make is bringing back RND and blooding him in the side, and then send Lowe to Luton on loan as compensation for early recall. I'm also for bringing Freeman back as i still believe he will be an asset in this league or the Championship at least.

And finally, Rojo in, as much as this season is a lost cause, we need to aim to win a few games and make sure all confidence is not lost by the end of it, I think Rojo could help us big time.

honestly the best signing i think we could make is bringing back RND and blooding him in the side, and then send Lowe to Luton on loan as compensation for early recall. I'm also for bringing Freeman back as i still believe he will be an asset in this league or the Championship at least.

And finally, Rojo in, as much as this season is a lost cause, we need to aim to win a few games and make sure all confidence is not lost by the end of it, I think Rojo could help us big time.

Wouldn't be against that re RND - on one condition: he plays. If not leave him there.

Be good if anyone we bring in strengthens the first 11 as most of our recent signings don't get in the team.

How the #### we paid 20m for a centre forward who sits on the bench when we cant score for love nor money I dont know.

Then there's the 2 Derby lads, one has proved hes not good enough the other we've never seen. The 2 Forest lads are both back up and Wilder clearly.doesnt rate one of them at all.

Anyone who comes in has to go straight into the team so that rules out Rojo who hasn't played for.months. Going to be interesting to see who these players are that we have identified.

Oh and one other requirement they need to come in at the start of January as we may be down by the end of January !!
we could have had callum wilson for 20m yes hes 31 but a 3 year contract would have been a good deal if he kept us in the premier league but of course like a few others we couldnt or wouldnt pay his salary of 70k a week newcastle are paying it and staying in the premier league 🤔

we could have had callum wilson for 20m yes hes 31 but a 3 year contract would have been a good deal if he kept us in the premier league but of course like a few others we couldnt or wouldnt pay his salary of 70k a week newcastle are paying it and staying in the premier league 🤔
All the finances aside which we couldn’t pay those wages. He’s publicly said he had better financial packages on the table put picked Newcastle after Alan Shearer called him personally and sold him on the idea of being Newcastle’s number 9.

All the finances aside which we couldn’t pay those wages. He’s publicly said he had better financial packages on the table put picked Newcastle after Alan Shearer called him personally and sold him on the idea of being Newcastle’s number 9.
should have gone for his strike partner then josh king it was always gonna be a big ask for rian brewster to come in and start scoring in the premier league do appreciate the clubs stance on salaries and dont totally disagree with it but its a hell of a job for any manager to keep a club in the premier league when theres a cap on salaries as other clubs have found out

should have gone for his strike partner then josh king it was always gonna be a big ask for rian brewster to come in and start scoring in the premier league do appreciate the clubs stance on salaries and dont totally disagree with it but its a hell of a job for any manager to keep a club in the premier league when theres a cap on salaries as other clubs have found out
It’s not necessarily a hard cap on salaries but how much do you want to bump this group the fleck,norwoods,Egan’s and Baldock’s of the squad because as senior players their salaries would have to be commensurate with a first team wage and we can’t replace them with players you would be comfortable paying that money too whilst also plugging the holes we have. Also king was well documented in hanging out for Man U to come back in for him. Could we have waited right down to the wire on deadline day and tried to do a deal at the 11th hour maybe but it would’ve been massively overpriced with no guarantee the player would take the move. At that point we may have had to walk away with it too late to do any other deal and without a striker. I think we did a deal we knew we could do rather than wait for one to potentially materialise that may not have done.

He's 28.

It’s not necessarily a hard cap on salaries but how much do you want to bump this group the fleck,norwoods,Egan’s and Baldock’s of the squad because as senior players their salaries would have to be commensurate with a first team wage and we can’t replace them with players you would be comfortable paying that money too whilst also plugging the holes we have. Also king was well documented in hanging out for Man U to come back in for him. Could we have waited right down to the wire on deadline day and tried to do a deal at the 11th hour maybe but it would’ve been massively overpriced with no guarantee the player would take the move. At that point we may have had to walk away with it too late to do any other deal and without a striker. I think we did a deal we knew we could do rather than wait for one to potentially materialise that may not have done.
well salaries wont be as big an issue next season if were in the championship but still think our signings were made with one eye on championship football actually wouldnt be a big suprise if chris rebuilt this squad for a crack at getting straight back up

well salaries wont be as big an issue next season if were in the championship but still think our signings were made with one eye on championship football actually wouldnt be a big suprise if chris rebuilt this squad for a crack at getting straight back up
I don’t disagree with that at all to be honest it’s the prudent thing to the clubs that have gotten into trouble when leaving the Orem are the ones who haven’t built with at least half an eye on the drop. Ultimately with the amount of player we’ve had to sign last year, this year and it’s looking like we’ll have to sign in the summer we’ve tried to completely rebuild the entire squad whilst playing at a level higher than any of the staff or players had before. Whilst we shouldn’t accept relegation if we’d managed to do that without any drop off in performances whilst new players bedded in it would’ve been astonishing.

were bottom of the salary chart for the premier league but would imagine we would be in the top 6 if we go to the championship so gives us an advantage although some players will probably earn less if were relegated but at least we will be able to compete in the championship i fancy chris to get us back up first time of asking

I wouldn't give Wilder a £10 iTunes card to spend.
Fleck, O'Connel, McGoldrick, Norwood, Berge, Egan, Lundstram, Baldock, Henderson and Stevens says otherwise. Then you've got Ramsdale, Brewster, Mousset and McBurnie who all could well prove to be astute buys, all young and with their best to come. Mousset and McBurnie made huge contributions last season already and without them I'm not si sure we stay up last season. Yes Freeman and Robinson didn't produce but consistently but you can't have it all and the odds get harder when we're in the Prem and having to buy Chamionship players. If Wilder had the budget we'd have had Maupay, Cash, Robinson and Watkins over recent times, how much of a difference would they have made!? It's not Wilder's fault we have the lowest wage bill in the Prem, and I don't blame the Prince either, we're only in our second season.

I hear people saying we've spent £130m over the last few windows but the wages remain small, and we can't just keep signing loan players, we need our own assets and they are young and going to cost money. Some come off, some won't but we can't buy people for small fees and give them time to develop, we need players now to hit the ground running but we can't compete for the cream, even from the Champinship.

Fleck, O'Connel, McGoldrick, Norwood, Berge, Egan, Lundstram, Baldock, Henderson and Stevens says otherwise. Then you've got Ramsdale, Brewster, Mousset and McBurnie who all could well prove to be astute buys, all young and with their best to come. Mousset and McBurnie made huge contributions last season already and without them I'm not si sure we stay up last season. Yes Freeman and Robinson didn't produce but consistently but you can't have it all and the odds get harder when we're in the Prem and having to buy Chamionship players. If Wilder had the budget we'd have had Maupay, Cash, Robinson and Watkins over recent times, how much of a difference would they have made!? It's not Wilder's fault we have the lowest wage bill in the Prem, and I don't blame the Prince either, we're only in our second season.

I hear people saying we've spent £130m over the last few windows but the wages remain small, and we can't just keep signing loan players, we need our own assets and they are young and going to cost money. Some come off, some won't but we can't buy people for small fees and give them time to develop, we need players now to hit the ground running but we can't compete for the cream, even from the Champinship.
good post booker so difficult for a club to compete at this level when 4 years ago we were a league 1 club going nowhere and if chris could have brought the players he wanted in im sure we would have been comfortable in mid table all about big money in the premier league these days

None of the current midfielders look Championship standard so rebuilding is the word.

None of the current midfielders look Championship standard so rebuilding is the word.
bit harsh that newbury big gap thesedays between premier league and championship all 3 relegated teams who were nowhere near premier league standard will go back up imo norwich were awful but look as though their gonna run away with the league

Back
Top Bottom