Januarys Coming

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Probably sensible. Looks unlikely we'll be in this league next season so no point in tying ourselves to deals we might regret in a couple of seasons.

Bring someone in to plug the leak at left centre half. Bring in a midfielder. Either one to replace Norwood, or one to play RCM & move Berge back there for now.

2 loans..............maybe, if were lucky!??

I’d be looking at where we have spend and asking what returns we’ve had on our signings? we’d be lucky to make our money back on even 10% of the signings since promotion. Not one has increased in value

I’d stretch to a loan signing or two if we look like making a a fist of trying to stay in the division. If we are still winless - honestly why even bother with the loan wages.

Hopefully we can get rid of players we don’t want and get ready for next season without a fireside sale because finances dictate, we still have players from division one and perhaps we need to rebuild.

a couple of loans from europe i reckon centre back and midfielder know we were supposed to be after a belgium defender in summer cant remember his name but we certainly wont be spending owt busy summer ahead i think if were in the championship which looks inevatable now

Hopefully we can get rid of players we don’t want and get ready for next season without a fireside sale because finances dictate, we still have players from division one and perhaps we need to rebuild.
The whole point of out wage structure is that a fire sale won’t be required unless parachute money is taken out of the club. We’ll only sell players who want to leave if we go down and only for a price we find acceptable see both Norwich and Bournemouth anything else would be criminal.

Is Freeman injured? Noticed he ain’t even making the bench at Forest if not - can imagine he’d be back with us if that’s the case.
Edit: seems he has had an ongoing groin problem. Who knows in that case, hardly pulled up many trees there.

Hello, Stegosaurus here,

Wilder has proven he cant be trusted to spend big money wisely. Then again, his loan deals have been duds too---That Greek bloke and Zivkovic were a waste.

^ being consistently critical achieves what?
Have you any alternatives to the signings we have made?

The whole point of out wage structure is that a fire sale won’t be required unless parachute money is taken out of the club. We’ll only sell players who want to leave if we go down and only for a price we find acceptable see both Norwich and Bournemouth anything else would be criminal.
We signed up with parachute payments as they are now (3 years) any changes would surely kick in with teams promoted this year,
Changes are going to happen !
Cant take away our entitlement surely it would break a contract.

We signed up with parachute payments as they are now (3 years) any changes would surely kick in with teams promoted this year,
Changes are going to happen !
Cant take away our entitlement surely it would break a contract.
Yeah I’m sure we’d get the funds we were owed I was talking about a worst case scenario where those funds are removed from the club by ownership and not used for there intended purpose. But I’m sure that wouldn’t be the case hence us not needing to sell if we were relegated.

See how may points we amass in december.could be reinforcements then in january. Fingers crossed

Maehle, from Genk, Danish international, very strong right wing back. They refused offers from Marseille last summer and the player has set eye on a transfer. Maybe not the position you need but a golden opportunity to buy a young player with loads of potential.

Maehle, from Genk, Danish international, very strong right wing back. They refused offers from Marseille last summer and the player has set eye on a transfer. Maybe not the position you need but a golden opportunity to buy a young player with loads of potential.
Loving the recommendations and if the situation was different we might be all over it but for this coming January the budget will be relatively limited and we’ve got some major holes to plug elsewhere.

Is Freeman injured? Noticed he ain’t even making the bench at Forest if not - can imagine he’d be back with us if that’s the case.
Edit: seems he has had an ongoing groin problem. Who knows in that case, hardly pulled up many trees there.

Think he's injured at the moment although don't think he was pulling up any trees before that although Forest have been utter turd this season in general.

Think he's injured at the moment although don't think he was pulling up any trees before that although Forest have been utter turd this season in general.
luke freeman could be a very important player for us if were in the championship next season just slightly worrying that chris bombed him out like robinson and the fact he cant get in a poor forest side

Any point now bringing in any signings in during January window now it looks all but certain we will be a Championship team next season after todays poor performance at St Marys. Leave the finances available for the summer window to build a team that will get The Blades back up after 1 season in the Championship

Any point now bringing in any signings in during January window now it looks all but certain we will be a Championship team next season after todays poor performance at St Marys. Leave the finances available for the summer window to build a team that will get The Blades back up after 1 season in the Championship
It depends who’s available in January if we think there are deals to be done that won’t be available in the summer then yeah do them. But I agree there’s no need to rush in to signings in an attempt to save the season as it looks gone. I’d be looking at up and coming centremids in league 1 or on the fringes of prem sides who we think can do a job in the champ and who we can develop.

Might be able to get a couple of decent players on loan. Likely to be players who haven't had much game time, but with Euro's in the summer they will need to be playing to make their countries squad.

Firesale?
Depends can’t see there being many takers for assets we’d like to offload and we won’t get the prices we want for others in jan I suspect we’ll hang on selling till the summer.

cant see much happening in january now next summer will be our vital window

Would anyone swap Norwood for Ben whiteman plus money?
To save us in this division no as an option next year should we go down.......maybe he certainly wouldn’t be a bad option to have in the squad. The Norwood swap wouldn’t be possible because of wages but given we retain a significant interest in sell on fees with whiteman it would be cost effective for us if we wanted to do it.

Norwood would not go to Doncaster I was referring to the principal and place in squad

Back
Top Bottom