CONFIRMED James Hanson

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

How many penalties do we have a season? Not many! It is far more important to have strikers who score a lot in open play!

The scoring of a penalty can be vital and in most cases decide the outcome of a match. It can be the difference between promotion and relegation.

Having a reliable penalty taker is vital and I believe strikers are still the best option to take them.

Although since you claim it is easy to take a penalty, then maybe we should let Moore start taking ours.

Why bring up that overrated tosser Beckham??

I don't know where to start with this statement!

You can dislike all the off the field stuff with Beckham, but you can't dismiss him as overrated! He had a fantastic career!

I don't know where to start with this statement!

You can dislike all the off the field stuff with Beckham, but you can't dismiss him as overrated! He had a fantastic career!

Part of 'England's Golden Generation. Legendary footballers like Frank, Gary, Michael and Stevie G. They spread their magic across the football firmament, sweeping all before them, reigning supreme. We shall never see their like again..

What's that you say? Really? You're kidding?

Oh...

That is poor.

In the case of the legend that is Nick Blackman, the figure is 11. That leaves 33 spread over the remaining 9 years of his glittering career. He averages under 4.5 goals per season. Looking at current form, this season he's bagged an impressive 0.

A 'must have' player that any club would pay a king's ransom to call their own...

In the case of the legend that is Nick Blackman, the figure is 11. That leaves 33 spread over the remaining 9 years of his glittering career. He averages under 4.5 goals per season. Looking at current form, this season he's bagged an impressive 0.

A 'must have' player that any club would pay a king's ransom to call their own...
The insignificant difference being that one's an out and out striker, and one's a winger.

Great player?

Pele, Beckenbauer, Cruyff, Maradona, Messi, Blackman. It trips off the tongue seamlessly. Especially now we've realised his goal scoring is shite and he's been magically and retrospectively transformed into a winger by Barney!!

Best, Johnstone, Garrinchia, Jairzinho, Rivelino, Blackman...

Last edited:
Part of 'England's Golden Generation. Legendary footballers like Frank, Gary, Michael and Stevie G. They spread their magic across the football firmament, sweeping all before them, reigning supreme. We shall never see their like again..

What's that you say? Really? You're kidding?

Oh...

HONOURS
1 Champions League: 1998-99

6 Premier League titles: 1995-96, 1996-97, 1998-99, 1999-2000, 2000-01, 2002-03

1 La Liga title: 2006-07

1 Ligue 1 title: 2012-13

2 MLS Cups: 2011, 2012

1 Intercontinental Cup: 1999

2 FA Cups: 1995-96, 1998-99

4 Community Shields: 1993, 1994, 1996, 1997

1 Spanish Super Cup: 2003

1 FA Youth Cup: 1991-92

Yeah, Beckham was clearly shit!

Or do we just players on their international career? If that's the case England have only had 11 great players.

HONOURS

Or do we just players on their international career? If that's the case England have only had 11 great players.

3. Banks, Moore and Charlton. You might also make a case for Alan Ball. The rest are pygmies by comparison.

HONOURS

No point debating with folk who think Beckham is overrated. They will be saying Messi and Ronaldo are shite next.

Who cares though as we have James Hanson and he puts a shift in. :rolleyes:

No point debating with folk who think Beckham is overrated. They will be saying Messi and Ronaldo are shite next.

Who cares though as we have James Hanson and he puts a shift in. :rolleyes:
If by 'overrated' one means his fame exceeded his ability, I'd agree. He's one of the most well known players ever, he's certainly not one of the best ever. But I won't entertain anyone who says he wasn't a good footballer; as good a crosser of the ball as anyone, ever, fantastic free kicks, work rate and discipline that many earlier flair players lacked.
Having a discussion about football with anyone who doesn't think Beckham was a good player is like discussing mechanics with someone who doesn't know what a crankshaft is. Fucking waste of time.

The insignificant difference being that one's an out and out striker, and one's a winger.

Bit like that winger, Kieron Freeman.

The thing is, everyone on the pitch (goal keeper excepted) should be able to score, especially midfielders and strikers.........like that Josh Morris lad at Scunthorpe

If by 'overrated' one means his fame exceeded his ability, I'd agree. He's one of the most well known players ever, he's certainly not one of the best ever. But I won't entertain anyone who says he wasn't a good footballer; as good a crosser of the ball as anyone, ever, fantastic free kicks, work rate and discipline that many earlier flair players lacked.
Having a discussion about football with anyone who doesn't think Beckham was a good player is like discussing mechanics with someone who doesn't know what a crankshaft is. Fucking waste of time.

I was sat behind the goal when this happened...........

I was sat behind the goal when this happened...........

I must admit I went berserk when that went in. That commentator is terrible though! So annoying that dubbed type of commentary. Get that on match of the day these days too.

James Hanson is by far the best header of a ball in our division ,he would be a great acquisition especially if we have to change our approach to a game ,we have the players to deliver a ball to him and the players to play off him ,Bradford don't yet he still always looks their best player when we play them. Would love him here.
Don't like to say I told you so ,but read back at some of the comments on here ,you might find quite a bit of egg on face.

Great repost. I will be so bold as to say I am way more informed than to about Hanson and am sharing the opinions I hear at work, in my house and in the street every single day.

Your well thought out 'reply' is the kind of bile that clogs up internet forms and does nothing other than promote animosity without any though or debate. Crap post 0/10. Don't be so childish and discuss rather than this sort of unproductive response.
Hmm

Back
Top Bottom