Jack Robinson...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I enjoy a fair, robust challenge as much as the next knucklescraper but the tackle on Palmer was a disgrace and could've easily been a red card.

On that subject - I resent the United Media team doing post-match compilations of JLT 'doing' opposition players. It's taking us back to the moronic mindset of cheering when opposition players get hurt, like Holgates red card against Brighton which was met with applause and 'corrupt as f**k' chants.

Stinks of small club mentality.

Nothing wrong with a proper tackle like Anels in the 2nd half

But JLT leg breakers nah not for me Jeff

yeah could easily have been red very wild challenge and similar one by caseimero against liverpool both could have seen red

Nothing wrong with a proper tackle like Anels in the 2nd half

But JLT leg breakers nah not for me Jeff
Goode's attempted tackle on Khadra was a 'leg breaker'

Robbo's wasn't. It was late and a definite card but not the over the ball studs up type some are painting it as.

I enjoy a fair, robust challenge as much as the next knucklescraper but the tackle on Palmer was a disgrace and could've easily been a red card.

On that subject - I resent the United Media team doing post-match compilations of JLT 'doing' opposition players. It's taking us back to the moronic mindset of cheering when opposition players get hurt, like Holgates red card against Brighton which was met with applause and 'corrupt as f**k' chants.

Stinks of small club mentality.

People thought that Holgate's tackle was hard and fair at the time in the ground because they didn't see it clearly. To me it looked that way from the South Stand, it was only til I watched it back at home I thought "yeah thats a red card any day of the week and some."

JLT last season did some robust challenges and they were spot on. Even the one he did on Pedro Porro in the FA cup, Pedro jumped back up and just carried on because he knew it was a decent tackle.

JLT unlike some players we have had before him has a fairly decent record of making hard but fair sliding tackles. Yesterday's was a poor one but most of the time they are not and that is why the media team post them.

Back
Top Bottom